Nay For A Broken Heart

WhiteWolf

Mods: Please forgive me if this topic is not allowed.

Last Sunday, my soulmate of 23 1/2 years ascended. This has left me empty. This this reason alone I will not be participating in the AC this year. I wish I could say more, but I may have already said too much.

@jellysundaeTalking about it does help, but it feels like I'll never be the same. I have my cat asleep at my feet. Cerridwen has refused to leave my side for anything short of the litterbox.  My writer side is probably going to turn this into the saddest, most angst-ridden fic of all time.

Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss @WhiteWolf . Anyone would feel empty when that happens. I hope you and your cat can comfort each other a bit in these hard times. :sad02:

11 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

My writer side is probably going to turn this into the saddest, most angst-ridden fic of all time.

That will help you work through this too. This is all about learning to live with your grief rather than feeling you need to get over it. A loss like this changes you forever, but that doesn't mean you'll be sad forever; right now though it's the time for that. Your cat knows this too.

I had to go home for my mom's 80th birthday. I couldn't bring Cerridwen with me, but I do have my sister. The cruelest/most ironic part is that the fifth hurricane on the east coast is Edouard. A Spanish variant of Edward. *sob*