Yet another returning user

Russers

Hey y'all!

I'm Russ. I used to be super active on neopets around... 10ish years ago. I more or less quit during college, and have barely thought about the site in the last 5 years or so. Lock down left me with a ton of free time and so I'm indulging in nostalgia :)

I used to be a pretty hardcore member of The Neopian Orphanage if any of y'all remember that guild. Back now achieving goals I wasn't ever able to reach as a teen. Looking to get active in a community again, because I kind of miss it.

Current goals are avatar and trophy hunting, and writing the story I started drafting all those years ago but never finished. Also filling the additional 10 pet slots they've given us?! Like wow.

Feel free to ask questions or chat or whatever :D

Hi Russ and welcome to our forum! It's funny how we can achieve things now that we couldn't even dream of as a kid right?

Hi Russ!

What's happened to you is exactly what I've been hoping for with lock-down; for many former Neopians to rediscover it. :D A perfect escape from everything going on right now, nostaligia's good for the soul. ^.^

The additional slots must be like a dream come true for a lot of returning players.

Thanks y'all!

It's definitely wild. I can't tell if i'm just better at things, or if things are just slightly less competitive now. I've already gotten a couple new trophies and the changes in price on some items is wild (I'm sitting on a fortune of retired items, apparently!)

If anyone has recommendations on how to get actually involved in this community I'd welcome them. 🙂 trying to break into an established group is kinda nerve-wracking, heh.

12 minutes ago, Russers said:

If anyone has recommendations on how to get actually involved in this community I'd welcome them. 🙂 trying to break into an established group is kinda nerve-wracking, heh.

Don't worry about that too much. There's a lot of new people anyway! Just participate in the topics if and when you feel like it. It really doesn't matter if it's your first post or post 1000.

*Puts moderator hat on* The only thing that matters is following the forum rules (saves me some work) :P

Yeah just jump right on in here, I'd like to hope we're not as unnerving as the neoboards, but you're right that anywhere is when you're new.

5 minutes ago, Duma said:

*Puts moderator hat on* The only thing that matters is following the forum rules (saves me some work)

Duma will be following you around with a red pen if you double-post or use less than 7 words. Don't make them hulk-out on you! 😱

visualising some terrifying moderator monster here. 🤭 Sorry Duma. 🤣

I'm thinking it's gonna be a combo of things with the difference you've noticed; you'll definitely be better at things, there's definitely less people compared to the zillions active 10 years ago, the tech you're using will be way faster (not always a good thing with some of the games).

The big question here is - will you be participating in the Altador Cup? :snitch: All the people who say they really hate it are getting good and vocal on Board 7 right now. xD

Haha I'll definitely be doing the AC :D Excited to have an event to do - I came back right after the festival of neggs ended.

Thanks for being so nice, guys. I really appreciate it!!

(And I promise to be good! I used to be a mod on a few forums ages ago - thanks for doing the work to keep things running!)