Worthwhile Dailies

Secre

Well, I've been trying my hand at a few of the additional dailies that I usually neglect and have had limited/poor results so far, although I suppose I have only been trying for a couple of days. So far I'm losing on just about everything, although I got a Growth thing as a booby prize from the Buried Treasure that was a booby prize but is surprisingly worth several grand.So the question is, which of the pay and win dailies do you do and which actually pay out? 

Anyway - specifically I have tried:

Wishing Well - no luck so far but at 21np per wish it can't hurt to keep trying

Coconut Shy - loss of about 1500np over three days or so, so hardly catastrophic. It would help if I could actually hit the things... I used to be reasonably good at it. There was a knack somewhere about aiming at the centre of one of the 'a' letters in 'Try again'. I have memory of actually winning a coconut many moons ago so I'm willing to take the loss on that one.

Pick Your Own - worthless. The berries are worth between 10np and 50np and six doesn't even cover the cost of entering. Unless anyone has a tale of a miraculous win, I think I'm calling it on this one. The dung is typically worth more and I can get that for free at the second hand shop!

Buried Treasure - that growth thing worth about 5000np. If that's a booby prize, I'm willing to keep trying.

Dice-a-Roo - worth it if you get to the green or better still yellow dice where it starts giving out food items, but time consuming when time can be better spent on flash games. 

Wheel of Excitement - won my money back once and 2500np back once, so currently a small win.

Wheel of Knowledge - nothing gained so far except a virtually worthless window and some inane wisdom.

Food Club - lost 7500np so far... maybe I need to read up on that one!!

you definitely need to read up on food club. I make around 1m a week just following smarter peoples bets.

Personally, I just do  the not so profitable dailies I need the avatar for and once I get them I kinda yeet out of there. But it doesn't hurt to do all of them if you find it fun or think you can make money.

Grave danger, Coconut Shy, Bargain Stocks, Battle Dome Trudy, and lottery would all be top priority. I also have faerie fountain bookmarked to get sticky snowballs.

16 minutes ago, ohml said:

you definitely need to read up on food club. I make around 1m a week just following smarter peoples bets.

Personally, I just do  the not so profitable dailies I need the avatar for and once I get them I kinda yeet out of there. But it doesn't hurt to do all of them if you find it fun or think you can make money.

Grave danger, Coconut Shy, Bargain Stocks, Battle Dome Trudy, and lottery would all be top priority. I also have faerie fountain bookmarked to get sticky snowballs.

Oh, I forgot about Bargain Stocks. I do that religiously. Have made one or two big wins on it - largely when I disappeared from the site for months and am currently running at a huge loss, but as I don't intend to move them until they go up, I'm not too fussed! I was selling way too early looking at other threads. I was selling once it hit the 20np mark from 15np, whereas general advice seems to be to wait until 60np.

Hadn't considered the lottery. May add that to my daily 'to do' list.

I do all the free ones automatically, I'm just careful of which pet I use to do a couple so that I don't go under/over codestone marker points or lose HP on my battle pet.

1 hour ago, Secre said:

I do all the free ones automatically, I'm just careful of which pet I use to do a couple so that I don't go under/over codestone marker points or lose HP on my battle pet.

Relatable. I recently was doing Count Von Roo trying to level down my pet, Accidentally did coltzan with my BD pet haha.

The odds for lottery is about 1 win per month. A lot of resources out there that automates your tickets so you don't have to manually put in numbers. It takes about 30 seconds.

13 minutes ago, ohml said:

Relatable. I recently was doing Count Von Roo trying to level down my pet, Accidentally did coltzan with my BD pet haha.

I was training level - because foolishly I had got HP over the limit to then train strength... and got given four levels in one. Normally I would have been thrilled. Except this put my pet at level 81. 

It's not a daily exactly, but it's 900np a day in a few seconds playing Fashion Fever. You don't need to create an outfit before sending a score so it's about nine clicks, that's all.

1 hour ago, jaydeed said:

It's not a daily exactly, but it's 900np a day in a few seconds playing Fashion Fever. You don't need to create an outfit before sending a score so it's about nine clicks, that's all.

Oh, I gain the bulk of my day to day NP form the flash games so Fashion Fever is one of the first of the day. Catch the Petpet, Meerca Chase, Dubloon Disaster, Web of Vernax, Turmac Roll, Smug Bug Smite, Princess Lunara, Zurroball, Barf Boat and Top Chop are also good for quick easy points even if you're not very good at them. 

Then Crisis Courier, Ice Cream Machine, Jubble Bubble, Faerie Caves 2, The Usul Suspects (particularly this month), Bouncy Supreme, Mop n' Bop, Snowager, Kookia and Sutek's Tomb are a bit more long winded (particularly Sutek) but relatively easy 3000np each a day.

Then I muddle along through the rest of my favourites or what's profitable this month. Warf Rescue, Space Rocked, Feed Florg, Assignment 53, Sophie's Stew are some of this month's decent ones.

I spin the Wheel of Mediocrity throughout the day, always good for a modest profit at the end of the day as it's only 100 to spin and you nearly always get more than that back.

*spins it*

There we go, the Wheel is anxious to prove my point, lol.

image.png.59d5b7b3881fe12b4b7db035484e01d3.png

I too recommend the Wishing Well; a pittance to wish so totally nothing to lose. I started wishing in February and have won 4 times since! :D

Yes! Wheel of Mediocrity is definitely overlooked. I spin in in time with my Healing Springs trips, doing it first in case I lose HP that with luck, the Springs can give back. Surprisingly profitable.

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I spin the Wheel of Mediocrity throughout the day, always good for a modest profit a the end of the day as it's only 100 to spin and you nearly always get more than that back.

I too recommend the Wishing Well; a pittance to wish so totally nothing to lose. I started wishing in February and have won 4 times since! :D

Now that's a daily I had overlooked completely!! I mean, I'd overlooked the wishing well until now, so I can hardly expect to win in three days odd. But for 21np a wish, I really don't mind not winning for months on end if I get one item on the top end of the spectrum eventually!!

1 minute ago, jaydeed said:

Yes! Wheel of Mediocrity is definitely overlooked. I spin in in time with my Healing Springs trips, doing it first in case I lose HP that with luck, the Springs can give back. Surprisingly profitable.

And a very good tip to go with it.

I make quite a bit of NP from Coconut Shy, but I've also been unusually lucky.   It's distinctly a game you only game profit long term, lose a couple thousand a day, then once a month, -maybe-, win back 10,000 and an item valued a couple hundred thousand.

2 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

but I've also been unusually lucky.

Biggest understatement of the century, just sayin'. :whistle:

If you have an SDB full of stuff, the Faerie Employment Agency can be an option.  I don't ever buy anything for it so any money made is pure profit, but since Charity Corner events have cleared my stockpiles I don't visit the agency so much now, but I used to be able to make a surprising amount depending on what was being asked for. Let's see if there's anything I've got being asked for right now...

image.png.34769506358bc45aceb32e07e0d2d275.png Got enough of these!

Get them out of your SDB before applying for the job, so that...

Good job! You got all the items we wanted.

The job took you 0 minutes, 0 seconds.
You have been paid 3,206 Neopoints.  25% bonus for taking no time at all, I'll take it. 😎

If you fight in the Central Arena the faeries pay a premium for Neocola, those girls like their sugar! I don't have any now that I fight in the Dome of the Deep though.

image.png.af95bf9bcd66ccaebea0750edf735621.png

They pay a lot for leeks too... I'm convinced this agency is a front for money laundering. :ph34r:

They don't want anything else right now that I have and that's got any value to them, but I'm happy with 3.2k for stuff from the fruit machine. 😎

19 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

I make quite a bit of NP from Coconut Shy, but I've also been unusually lucky.   It's distinctly a game you only game profit long term, lose a couple thousand a day, then once a month, -maybe-, win back 10,000 and an item valued a couple hundred thousand.

So far I'm on a definite loss. I'm actually hitting more of them though!!

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

They pay a lot for leeks too... I'm convinced this agency is a front for money laundering. :ph34r:

They don't want anything else right now that I have and that's got any value to them, but I'm happy with 3.2k for stuff from the fruit machine. 😎

I'll keep an eye out. I've been stockpiling for the next Charity Corner... 

You should write a Neopian Times article on the money laundering!! Keep it clean obviously but it could make for an interesting story!!

12 minutes ago, Secre said:

You should write a Neopian Times article on the money laundering!! Keep it clean obviously but it could make for an interesting story!!

Haha, I... I'd not want to end up with my knee-caps broken, these girls can be mean. 😱

dark12.giflight11.gif

😅

I sadly don't have the creative skills for something like that, it would be a good NT thing though, wouldn't it; maybe a comic would be the ideal way to present it. But I suspect it wouldn't get accepted. 🤣

22 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, I... I'd not want to end up with my knee-caps broken, these girls can be mean. 😱

dark12.giflight11.gif

😅

I sadly don't have the creative skills for something like that, it would be a good NT thing though, wouldn't it; maybe a comic would be the ideal way to present it. But I suspect it wouldn't get accepted. 🤣

Hey, they accepted which had what was essentially an argument for legalising canabis recently!! http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=580669&week=896

I could potentially mock up an article about it given some time to think of the best way to present it... my drawing skills are sadly non-existant so comics aren't an option for me. I'm not sure how neopets works with joint credit though and I wouldn't want to steal your thunder (or excellent idea as the case may be).