Neopets Beta Email

vialose

Hi everyone! So I received an email about the Beta launch which, needless to say, is very exciting!! Sadly I'm not in the first wave of premium users to have access and I'm so curious about what people think so far- does anyone have opinions yet? 

18 hours ago, vialose said:

Hi everyone! So I received an email about the Beta launch which, needless to say, is very exciting!! Sadly I'm not in the first wave of premium users to have access and I'm so curious about what people think so far- does anyone have opinions yet? 

I'm a premium member and have not received anything. What is the beta for?  What does the message say about *waves*?

18 hours ago, vialose said:

I got an e-mail, but don't have access yet. So I think I'm in the same boat as you.

Edit- Literally got access while in the middle of refreshing at the money tree. Here's the neomail that came with it. 

beta.PNG

OK I was looking for this email in the wrong email account. I did receive an email from NP's and it says they are offering me access to the closed beta. of the NP's mobile. It says not everything is moved over yet but that there is new features. Here is a list

Our Brand New Homepage

News, Alerts, & Site Events

Customisation

Dailies and Games

Bookmarks

It also says if you got the email then you will be getting access soon. There is a button to the right, next to the Log In. By pushing the button you can switch from original NP's site to the Beta site. Apparently I got the email message from them yesterday evening. So I am oing to sign in here in just a bit. If anyone has any questions just post them and I'll try and answer best I can. If you want to know more about the email message you can ask that too but I gave you the basics from the email.

I like how the pets are hanging out together. I'm interested to know how this looks on a PC. Or is this an app that's absolutely phone only? "Mobile responsive" seems like an ambiguous buzzword to me but it does seem to imply it isn't mobile only.

@bonnie_morrison old school pay-as-you-go homies unite! *fist bump*

My phone is new - well, not by the upgrade every 6 months criteria it isn't, lol - so let's say "new", but it's just a really basic phone, not even got a camera on it.  Not sure I'll ever have a smartphone, bit more than my budget or disease-addled brain can cope with. You should see the messes I get in with mine; pressing the wrong buttons and then not knowing what the heck I just did and so on... the bit of my brain that behaves like the ditheriest of dithery 85 yr. olds is right out in front and strutting its stuff when I have my phone in my hand. kisskiss.gif

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I like how the pets are hanging out together. I'm interested to know how this looks on a PC. Or is this an app that's absolutely phone only? "Mobile responsive" seems like an ambiguous buzzword to me but it does seem to imply it isn't mobile only.

I use my PC for NP's too and I have refreshed and logged in and out and the beta button will not appear on the PC.  At this time I have to guess mobile only.

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

This pic was a screenshot off my Mac, the mobile version shows one pet at a time and you can swipe between them. You can also click on their name and it shows their species, colour & gender along with options to "dress up", read, feed, play, equip, heal, groom and take photo. So far the options are a little laggy/don't fully load all the way yet. 

2 hours ago, vialose said:

This pic was a screenshot off my Mac

Ah! This is sounding promising!! I hope there's not too many horrific messes discovered during testing. >_< By that, I mean not that they're not discovered until it's rolled out live! HAHAHA *cringes*

One issue I'm having is that, when not on beta, the option to switch to beta shifts the links at the top of the page. This means the logout link is where the link to my inventory used to be, so I keep logging out accidentally. I can get used to it, it will just take time.

top of page.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

When I click to play games I get the Beta page and i says to click out of beta mode to play classic but I am not in beta mode on my computer and I can't figure out how to get this page out of beta. Here is what I see ( I also see the games that can be played in beta mode) So what do I click on to get back to regular game room? I believe I have clicked on all the stuff in the top bar including the games tab but the games tab brings me back here again.

image.thumb.png.de94ba258837b01e3ec61c2e07348de9.png

What I failed to do is explore the drop down side bar. I finally found how to switch out of Beta. I feel stupid!

Edited by Granny63020
update