Drackonack - Hungry (Avatar Help?)

Acedemiro

Hello all, I've been trying to obtain the Drackonack - Hungry avatar for a few weeks now. I've had my inventory set up like this (pic below) to maximize the odds of a Drackonack eating a cheese item, I've refreshed my inventory dozens of times whenever I do dailies and when stocking my shop I always do it manually instead of quickstocking to no avail. Have I been doing something wrong, or does it just take this long for these things to happen sometimes?117412133_ScreenShot2020-05-07at12_22_31PM.thumb.png.e2a827915ba7e901630f019bdd591632.png

I'm in the exact same boat, but I only have two Dracks in my inventory haha. Unfortunately from what I've read of other people's experiences, it just takes a long time. You definitely have a high chance of getting it eventually, don't give up! 

Vegan cheese, this is the secret! Also, Soft White Cheese. Both of those items seem to help your chances a lot!

I'm not sure cheese jelly counts? Anyway when I got the avatar my combo was:

Cheese - Drackonack - Vegan Cheese - Drackonack - Cheese

and I got the avatar within 8 hours with only occasional refreshing during that time. If I'd stuck at refreshing until I got the avatar I'd probably have been able to have got it within minutes.

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Vegan cheese, this is the secret! Also, Soft White Cheese. Both of those items seem to help your chances a lot!

I'm not sure cheese jelly counts? Anyway when I got the avatar my combo was:

Cheese - Drackonack - Vegan Cheese - Drackonack - Cheese

and I got the avatar within 8 hours with only occasional refreshing during that time. If I'd stuck at refreshing until I got the avatar I'd probably have been able to have got it within minutes.

Low and behold, soft white cheese was the answer!! Thanks for the tip! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 9.42.00 PM.png

4 hours ago, vialose said:

Low and behold, soft white cheese was the answer!!

Excellent! Well done! :D

Also, soft white cheese is ALWAYS the answer. :yum:

• 2 years later...

It is September 2nd 2022, I have been on and off Neopets for years, 19 years, and I tried to get this Avatar before but would get bored then forget. I bought 3 Vegan Cheeses and 1 soft white cheese, to place between my Drackonacks(6 in total) and left the other 3 cheese items as is.  I refreshed literally less the 10 minutes later I got the Avatar. The Drackonack did not eat the Vegan Cheese which is going at about 6k now, or the Soft white cheese which is worth exactly 1k now, it ate an Egg Salad and Cheese Sandwich which I bought for about 10np so it works out even better. HOWEVER I absolutely do think those cheeses were the answer and I will never believe any differently! 

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2023 at 2:33 AM, sliip said:

Hello!! Do you know the avatar is still obtainable? I just spend like 5h refreshing with 8 drackonacks and nothing.

Since the new neopets layout, the avatar is unobtainable 😞 There was a workaround for a while where you could go to the "old inventory" but you can't do that anymore. Hopefully they'll fix it soon though!