Happy Lutari Day

hrtbrk

Happy Lutari Day! Got a lutari yesterday too! Having a limited edition pet for the first time in forever! :wub_anim:

The Maraquan Lutari looks great! I must say it's one of the best looking new Maraquan pets they have created.

Maraquan pets used to look great but idk since when the new ones look very weird, e.g. Maraquan Wocky is scary.

Nice to see that they are returning to their old standards. (Tho probably it's just because it's based on a fan art.)

One of the best Maraquan designs to date. Props to the fan who created the original artwork and props to Jumpstart for giving her credit!

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

I don't know what creature that is supposed to be , but I absolutely love it !!

It's based on this little creature known as Axolotl:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

People find them either really cute or absolutely terrifying. I personally think they are adorable :D 

OH, the real live version is totally adorable too! If I ever get a "fish tank" I'm getting one of those XD!

I love this artwork! Lutari lovers are having a great day!

3 hours ago, Hanso said:

People find them either really cute or absolutely terrifying. I personally think they are adorable :D 

i know the Axolotl , but I just didnt make the connection

they are so cute ! 

Yep, that's a cutie alright! I've been so scared of any Maraquan pets being released because of the obvious lack of imagination of the artists they've been using lately.

*mutters darkly about Darigan Vandy*

They've done a pretty good job with this though.

9 hours ago, 616.1314 said:

Maraquan pets used to look great but idk since when the new ones look very weird, e.g. Maraquan Wocky is scary.

I'm intrigued by why you find it scary?

4.png

It's just a catfish, not the most imaginative of Maraquan pets, but still apt.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I'm intrigued by why you find it scary?

I understand that it's based on a catfish, and this concept is fine.

But the texture and colour just look horrible to me, idk why.

Maybe because it does not match with the "cartoony" style of the other Mara pets(?).

17 minutes ago, 616.1314 said:

Maybe because it does not match with the "cartoony" style of the other Mara pets(?).

It does have a very realistic look, doesn't it. It's not particularly cute, it's just a fish with a Wocky's face.

Not a catfish, it's an axolotl. Which means it would shrivel up and die if placed in seawater, so it being maraquan makes little sense.

edit- Hanso beat me to it. Thanks!

edit- They are salamanders that never "grow up". The reach reproductive maturity, but never lose their gills and move to land. We discussed them in my herpetology class, and they are fascinating.

766BFBD4-F8A1-4B7D-8416A370010B5A88_sour

6 minutes ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Not a catfish, it's an axolotl. Which means it would shrivel up and die if placed in seawater, so it being maraquan makes little sense.

For the catfish, we were talking about Wocky, not Lutari. //

I see. But Mara Kacheek is a goldfish, which will also die in seawater, which also doesn't make sense.

14 minutes ago, 616.1314 said:

For the catfish, we were talking about Wocky, not Lutari. //

I see. But Mara Kacheek is a goldfish, which will also die in seawater, which also doesn't make sense.

Oops. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I think I'll look at the list of maraquan neopets now to see if there are any others that could not live in maraqua if we were to go by their real life inspirations. Are there any saltwater catfish? I'm thinking the list is Kacheek, Wocky, and Lutari. But a lot of them are based on fish I don't recognize so there may be others.

Hardhead catfish are the only ones google showed me with a 3 second search **grumbles** I know there are likely more, though.  

I also made the connection right away.  It's sort of odd to me that they took a pet that is already aquatic and changed it to a completely different species, though.  Hm.  It does when they change some of the others like that too, though.  

3 hours ago, GillyTook said:

It's sort of odd to me that they took a pet that is already aquatic and changed it to a completely different species, though. 

I'd not considered that. I'd assumed that aquatic pets just didn't get a Maraquan makeover: Flotsams; Jetsams; Kois; Tuskaninnies.  But then there's a Maraquan Acara... but that's a made-up pet isn't it, that doesn't look particularly amphibious (I honestly forget they are) same as the Lutari... not a RL water creature with a Neo-name. Interesting... 🤔

Maybe it's because the first 4 are 100% aquatic creatures, but with the other two being amphibious rather than solely water-dwelling it opens things up a bit?

I'd like to see a Maraquan version of the pets with fins! Bit unfair - and somewhat ironic - that they miss out; they could be different/fancier versions of their species rather than mimicing something else.

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

same as the Lutari... not a RL water creature with a Neo-name. Interesting...

I believe Lutari's are inspired by beavers or otters and are very much aquatic in real life.

Last July, three juvenile river otter pups joined a juvenile beaver in the rehabilitation pond at the Sonoma County Wildlife Rescue in Cotati.  (JOHN BURGESS/ PD)

^ beaver

v otter

De otter – Industriewater Eerbeek

Missed that it was Lutari day yesterday. I've got to decide whether I want to use a morphing potion or wait a year and think on a name, because I now have a sudden need for a Maraquan Lutari. Petrychor needs a sister.

petrychor.png.ef436382c7e5de871cfa0fbb35307b8b.png

5 hours ago, Duma said:

I believe Lutari's are inspired by beavers or otters

Yeah! You know I realised that after posting, lol.

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

Peophins are aquatic , yet they got a Maraquan colour

😮 Of course they are! So no reason why the other aquatic pets can't have a Maraquan form too.  :D

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

Tonu looks like what a Maraquan Tuskaninny should be 4.png&key=25d3711aeb4f542eaff02d0877638d

Those are very cool, aren't they. But are they meant to be a sea lion or a walrus... 🤔 *checks* Oh, seems sea lions just look like seals. I didn't realise that, walrus it is then!

The Maraquan Peophin's lovely. :D It's a hippocamp isn't it! image.png.b61a4222d8efd07ea43f08595e74070f.png

image.png.035761259b5175c8771ca34dcc6ec69b.png

So maybe this aquatic species got a Maraquan form because it was so obvious which it could be? Where as for the Jetsam for example. The Grarrl's already a meaner-looking shark.

image.png.c4f6473a3a654cbf0323fbdbd3349a4d.pngThough wait, no, that's not a shark, look at the dorsal fin, totally un-sharklike, the teeth mislead me! It's just a really mean fish, hmmm! Poog's are hammerhead sharks. Oh I dunno, this is hurting my head now 😅 I'd just like to see the Maraquan fun shared by all pets.

1 hour ago, 616.1314 said:

That's a Maraquan Uni. I don't think Peophin can be painted Maraquan.

LOL, typical of me not to notice something as fundamental as it being the wrong species. xD I mean it's there writ beneath the image when I took the screenshot and everything but did that register?? Nope. xD It really is a good thing that I don't set foot outside much, isn't it. Making mistakes that are just silly things online that I can laugh about, is far better than me being out in the real world any more. kisskiss.gif

All @Angeló's fault; telling me there was a Maraquan Peophin... stop trollin' me, mister. :P😆

EDIT!

Reading the comments in the JN post about this new Maraquan pet is very enlightening! The art is basically user-created.

http://www.jellyneo.net/?comments=13448

Color 

I absolutely love the new color! 

Very interesting that they based a new color on a fanart. In my opinion, they should do it more often! Their new pet colors are disappointing sometimes 😕 

This is the fanart VS the official color. 

dc1deoq-2439b3ce-abcd-4fbc-900d-115dd8077605.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM1OGEyNzI5LWFjNmItNDZjNC1iN2U3LTY3NDQxZWIxZTc3Y1wvZGMxZGVvcS0yNDM5YjNjZS1hYmNkLTRmYmMtOTAwZC0xMTVkZDgwNzc2MDUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dOGwacubxZNF7LhCTkUh0MzMzf-Mt8ou8hfALHbSEjA4.png

Outfit 

It's such a Lutari outfit xD It resembles Royalboy outfit 

4.png

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

All @Angeló's fault; telling me there was a Maraquan Peophin... stop trollin' me, mister. :P😆

I'm sorry !

I've always been under the impression that was a Peophin 

7 hours ago, Yuiina said:

This is the fanart VS the official color. 

dc1deoq-2439b3ce-abcd-4fbc-900d-115dd8077605.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM1OGEyNzI5LWFjNmItNDZjNC1iN2U3LTY3NDQxZWIxZTc3Y1wvZGMxZGVvcS0yNDM5YjNjZS1hYmNkLTRmYmMtOTAwZC0xMTVkZDgwNzc2MDUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dOGwacubxZNF7LhCTkUh0MzMzf-Mt8ou8hfALHbSEjA4.png

From the NT Editorial a Couple Weeks ago

They didn't have time to design something so they copied someone else's art

Btw who does this Fan Art belong to ? Maybe they should work for Neopets

image.png.9ca3b2008c2b0ab86c437889cfb470d8.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.