Hello everybody!

Hi all, after a long hiatus and a few years of playing on and off, I'm back on Neopets and TDN. 

I had an old account that's long gone now and started again 6 years ago. I've put a lot of time and effort into this account and I love my pets so much.

My current goals are:
- continuing to train my battle pet (who's also my main pet and my favourite one)
- stamp collecting (it's getting so expensive!) 
- completing Neoquest I & II on insane mode (I'm doing NQI on insane now and it's such a tedious grind) 

I'm happy to see that communities like TDN are still going strong!

Hello! Greetings, welcome etc. etc!!

I like this "stamp collecting (it's getting so expensive!)" implying that at some point it wasn't? 😮 xD

I'm NQing again at the moment too. A slorg would get there faster than me right now.

image.png.d6f1d68e5d8f918437aa93e4d826774b.png

This bit, intense back-tracking after visiting Sunny City. ZZZ!!!! Seriously 🥱

Ok, I'll move him on a bit as I'm there...

Ineptitude Quest... this could be why things take so long, no? 😏

image.png.0d48471139a60ae2e476b7bd741f4f0f.png

Welcome back to the game! I'm Ceddy Bear if you need anything at all feel free to friend me, I'm online most of the time. 

I have been wanting to get into the Neoquest's but I haven't yet it seems fun, like the old school rpg games I used to play.

Hi and welcome to TDN's Forums, also welcome back to Neopets!

Ooof, NQI and II on insane, that's some serious grinding to do. Good luck with the insanity 😉

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hello! Greetings, welcome etc. etc!!

I like this "stamp collecting (it's getting so expensive!)" implying that at some point it wasn't? 😮 xD

I'm NQing again at the moment too. A slorg would get there faster than me right now.

Yes! I went for all the cheaper stamps first and now I've only got the stamps that are 100K NP and up left to go. Not to mention the impossible to obtain ones. 😞 

I see that you're on evil mode now. Good luck with it, especially if you're going to try for insane mode after. 

7 hours ago, ClockNotWork said:

Welcome back to the game! I'm Ceddy Bear if you need anything at all feel free to friend me, I'm online most of the time. 

I have been wanting to get into the Neoquest's but I haven't yet it seems fun, like the old school rpg games I used to play.

You should definitely give Neoquest a go! It can get annoying and exhaustng but I do it for all the random events that drop. And the NP that you can get in later levels. 

3 hours ago, Duma said:

Hi and welcome to TDN's Forums, also welcome back to Neopets!

Ooof, NQI and II on insane, that's some serious grinding to do. Good luck with the insanity 😉

Thanks. I'm already going a little crazy with it but hopefully NQII won't seem so bad after completing NQI... 

13 hours ago, protego_totalum16 said:

Thanks. I'm already going a little crazy with it but hopefully NQII won't seem so bad after completing NQI... 

What to say in response to this statement... 😅

To be honest NQ is always gonna be very much a YMMV situation. Some people go back to either game multiple times, others swear they'll never play either ever again, lol.  I enjoyed NQ more than NQII, don't know why though, really? It's considerably shorter, that might have something to do with it, or maybe it's more that it's simpler with just the one character. I do suspect that at some point I'll want to upgrade my NQII trophy though, and if I live to regret that decision? Well that's for me to deal with at the time isn't it. 🥴

@ClockNotWork how old school it is is definitely part of the appeal. Check it out, there's good guides to be found. I use this one, and you can take as long as you like as long as you play it every 3 months I think? Or it resets and you have to start all over again. 😬

13 hours ago, protego_totalum16 said:

I went for all the cheaper stamps first

I'm still at this point myself, lol. My stamp collecting is supremely sporadic. xD But I always get excited if I win one from anything. :D   

35 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

What to say in response to this statement... 😅

To be honest NQ is always gonna be very much a YMMV situation. Some people go back to either game multiple times, others swear they'll never play either ever again, lol.  I enjoyed NQ more than NQII, don't know why though, really? It's considerably shorter, that might have something to do with it, or maybe it's more that it's simpler with just the one character. I do suspect that at some point I'll want to upgrade my NQII trophy though, and if I live to regret that decision? Well that's for me to deal with at the time isn't it. 🥴

@ClockNotWork how old school it is is definitely part of the appeal. Check it out, there's good guides to be found. I use this one, and you can take as long as you like as long as you play it every 3 months I think? Or it resets and you have to start all over again. 😬

You're definitely right about that. 😂 It's been a long time since I played NQII but I remember enjoying it more than NQI. I liked that it seemed less monotonous with the multiple characters. I still only have the bronze trophy for NQII so I definitely plan on upgrading that sooner rather than later. Maybe I'll switch back and forth between NQI and NQII to make it seem less tedious. 

Also, I thought I read somewhere ages ago that as long as you made a single move in the game every year your progress is saved. Otherwise it resets on you. I could be remembering wrong though. 

58 minutes ago, protego_totalum16 said:

Also, I thought I read somewhere ages ago that as long as you made a single move in the game every year your progress is saved. Otherwise it resets on you. I could be remembering wrong though. 

I could be remembering wrongly about the 3-month reset, so who knows? 😆 I just know the threat is definitely there, hanging over our heads... 😱

1 hour ago, Ennoshima said:

Welcome back!

I'm also returning, and taking things a lil slow for now. 

Thanks. Welcome back to you as well! There's just something about coming back to Neopets after a long hiatus that's just so comforting. ☺️

4 hours ago, protego_totalum16 said:

You're welcome, and thanks! I totally agree, seeing as I'm needing a lot of comfort -- Neopets fits just in, and having people to talk with. ;-;

I added you on NP! (drowkitty)