Festival of Neggs is Back!

Emily

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

my first thought was ... Peopha would look in this wig 

Dress To Impress confirmed it

image.png.0cea9e2317a6e57320b3e7fd0d0f1267.png

TNT definitely giving us a practical lesson in complimentary hair styles and face shapes with this new wig!

Day 12

Grundo Warehouse

negg_gemstone_negg.pngnegg_nature_negg.pngnegg_of_marble.png

They were in this order with the selection box on the Gemstone Negg

it didn't let me choose the negg i want

i was stuck on gemstone .. i tried to select the Marble several times , but it didn't change .. and i got the useless crystal plushies

A cuddly little crystalline companion for your pet! This was given out as a prize for the Y22 Festival of Neggs. 

On 4/16/2020 at 7:33 PM, jellysundae said:

Well now, a guy I recently started following on Instagram, who was a Neopets artist in the Nickelodean days and does adorable fan art for people, posted this in his stories earlier...

https://www.instagram.com/anthonyconleyart/?hl=enoimage.png.ba28c62ff17c67751b63e6fa529b6213.png

This guy clearly has a lot of love for Neo, TNT follow him on Insta, and here he is doing art for the site again, with a new Neopets account - just 3 days old. I'm feeling good about this!

Ooh, interesting! So they are hiring new artists. I actually lost hope a few days ago when I realised that the artwork for the Negg Faerie this year wasn't actually new. It was actually reused, taken from very old concept artwork for Key Quest:

kq_concept1.jpg 

(you can see Kari right there at the bottom)

I was a little disappointed at first, but hey, I'm totally fine with Jumpstart using previously unreleased artwork.

Also, It's nice to know the Blumaroo is indeed new! Looks like the artist has been posting a lot of Neopets content on his Instagram, so that's cool.

11 hours ago, Hanso said:

Also, It's nice to know the Blumaroo is indeed new! Looks like the artist has been posting a lot of Neopets content on his Instagram, so that's cool.

Yes. :D And him actually creating the Blumaroo pet is also cool, my Cora thanks him for her existence. :D To me it is really great that TNT have brought a former Neo-artist back into the fold. I wonder if this guy had a TNT name... maybe not if he worked primarily for Nickelodean, but the art being created by someone with knowledge of the site's history is absolutely the best option isn't it.

So, neggies...

image.png.672d55bf5d83e461979954965a800a20.png

Ok, I'll listen to you guys!

*picks*

image.png.ab967e3e07ed02201b7af689496b816a.png

I have been SO lucky this event!

7 hours later...

image.png.2ccc5e0c6f964442345879d22685b7a4.png

That was painless!

OH! 🤦‍♀️ Forgot the mechanical negg!

image.png.5a1d5eeca5df69ed0443b4ab4ca55230.png

I wonder if either of my girls will like this, not overly keen on it myself.

Brief heart attack moment for me as Kari wasn't there when I went to the Lodge! But  she appeared when I refreshed the page.

image.png.db1a2a5277fb1ae45d3032ae690cac1e.png

image.png.8dc0193fac982ea278da3af7118b196e.png

My luck's not visiting me today, I was hoping for the book as I don't have that yet. I realise now that I let myself get distracted by the Charming negg having 2 saleable items in it and I picked that when I should have gone for this negg the last time it was an option. 🥴

Unless... *checks SDB*  Nah, not put it in my SDB by mistake, lol, wishful thinking there! I store unread book in my shop to not mix them up with the ones collected from Dailies, but there was always a strong chance I'd put in away by mistake, but nope, not this time. Two more chances yet though, and at currently 16k this book is "cheap" by neo-standards. xD

Today's item from the mechanical negg is way too monochromatic for me; I hate it when they do this with backgrounds, it's overwhelming, but I shall try my best to tone it down with some greenery. ☺️

image.png.2790144a929e3c99c849778d0585340e.png

OMG the negg itself though! It's turning into a helicopter! image.png.5c9f6c54dbe0824ef7f0ed6921fde1cb.png SO CUTE! 🥰

Outta my face, I've combed my hair today! :hmmph:

image.png.defb52fab20dab7a4b6757f91ed7e980.png

Wow, what an amazing background! :lmaosmiley:

image.png.0f6b4ce1cbee8042168f59922e66d158.png

What a revolting dress. I have huge detestation for lilac as a colour in general. 😅

On 4/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, jellysundae said:

OMG the negg itself though! It's turning into a helicopter! image.png.5c9f6c54dbe0824ef7f0ed6921fde1cb.png SO CUTE! 🥰

You know what would have been cool is if they would have given us the negg as assembled. I would have liked to put the neggs in my gallery even more had they looked like the finished product.

Angelo,, I was lucky again today with the Charming negg to. I got that stupid comb again!!!! So glad this will be over and I will be put out of my misery. This event and the gifts it offered were so awkwardly distributed between the neggs that it just made little sense to me. I think they could have spread the gifts around a little differently to even things out. Although I had the option there were a couple of neggs I didn't even chose because of the gifts it offered. The gifts from the mechanical neggs (most) were not anything impressive. The whole thing could have been presented better instead of, IMO only, appearing as if it was thrown together at the last minute.

Prize 68060.gif (Stamp x498559 from this event)

Is there no extra prize for participating from day one? A bonus prize?

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

Day 15

Kreludan Mining Corp

negg_of_marble.pngMarblenegg_enchant_negg.pngEnchantednegg_nature_negg.pngNature

Prize 68073.gifSuccess

I have all gold checks !!

No Bonus Item ? Avatar ? Nothing ?

Glad you got the negg! I also was lucky enough to get the marble negg and my wonderful prize, once more, was the lolly. Oh joy. I continued to get the junk items over and over. Glad it's over!!!

On 4/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, Angeló said:

Day 14

Cave Glider 

negg_charmingnegg.pngCharmingnegg_enchant_negg.pngEnchantednegg_nature_negg.pngNature

Prize 68060.gif (Stamp x498559 from this event)

Too funny. My friend actually wanted the stamp and picked the Charming negg each time he could but even today he never got the stamp so he ended up buying it. He kept getting the comb (5x) and the background (4x).

I was lucky enough to get the stamp the first day so I didn't need to pick the Charming negg anymore. Did pick it if I only got 2 neggs with no items of my interest and that one. Hoping to get another stamp for my friend but unfortunately I never did again after that first day.

@Duma I was also able to get the stamp my first try with the egg - but my boyfriend was never able to get it, no matter how many times he picked it.

I got it again, and just ended up gifting it to him, so he could pick more than just that egg for other prizes he was also interested in. 

12 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

You know what would have been cool is if they would have given us the negg as assembled. I would have liked to put the neggs in my gallery even more had they looked like the finished product.

YES! It would have been nice to keep the finished adorableness!

13 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Is there no extra prize for participating from day one? A bonus prize?

The final prizes will probably be given out once the event is officially over :D

Anyway, apparently the one stealing the neggs was a new character called "the Neggnapper", aka the big brother of the Neggbreaker. Colour me intrigued. Will we get to see this Neggnapper at some point? Will we be able to fight him in the battledome?

2 minutes ago, Hanso said:

Final prizes are here!

image.png.7aa81da7ad3ca34cdad688932143a133.png

And you can see the Neggnapper creepily lurking behind Kari and co. He apparently has a Neopedia article, but it hasn't been updated yet.

Just found these in my inventory as well: 

Is it a glitch or special prizes for all golden checkers? 

An adorable Negg that grows its very own bow! This was given out as a prize for the Y22 Festival of Neggs.
Charming Negg
(special)
A mesmerizing Negg that radiates an uncanny light. This was given out as a prize for the Y22 Festival of Neggs.
Enchanted Negg
(special)
A Negg that grows a delightful floral pattern over its surface when exposed to sunlight. This was given out as a prize for the Y22 Festival of Neggs.
Nature Negg
(special)
Lapis and Topaz and Beryl Oh My! This was given out as a prize for the Y22 Festival of Neggs.
Gemstone Negg
(special)
An exquisite Negg made of ornate marble. It looks valuable! This was given out as a prize for the Y22 Festival of Neggs.
Marbled Negg

(special)

They each have descriptions, they were intended as prizes. 🙂

The dress isn't my favorite but it looks okay on Candy.
medium_preview.png

Edit: The new theme is cute but the orange is hurting my eyes

I LOVE the Neggnapper! 🤣

He's all scrawny and Gollum-like. That's an excellent mutation of a Hasee, so kudos to the artist.

Topsi is stuffed in the bottom of that bag the plushie has, isn't he... 🤭

OOH, Neopedia acticle has content now. :D

307.png

If this was animated that bag would DEFINITELY be wriggling about! Topsi's in there, no doubt about it!