HI hello how is everyone's day going

SpideyLuc

Did too little homework, some gardening, send a few emails, inquired about new strings for my viola, and am also going stir crazy at home.  Really should be continuing to clean/organise my room at some point instead of playing video games.  Hm. . .

How does one get banned from a neopets discord...😂
I've been so wrapped up in ACNH that nothing else even registers for me anymore but I think my cats are getting a little stir crazy I keep having to break up a fight between mama and her son which is unusual for them

5 hours ago, aaml said:

How does one get banned from a neopets discord...😂

Do we really wanna know? Who am I kidding, ofc we do. We are agog @SpideyLuc spill the beans 😅

I've noticed something since the world started staying at home, I wonder if it's affected you guys... the spam filter in my inbox doesn't have much to do. All the people who spend their days trying to rip me off are out of work too it would seem! This is it for the last two weeks, with nothing at all so far this month.

gZHJTVy.jpg

Whoever Armada Deals are they were quick to get in there with the relevant stuff though, weren't they!

What I regularly get are:

• fake courier deliver stuff.
  • Tactical Strike Pen: the only self defence - it cuts off there, but wut?! always semi-tempted to open that one just to see what the heck that's all about. xD
  • Shed Master (which I always say aloud in a dramatic voice)
  • Piano for All
  • one entitled "about your glutes" which has me sayin' "yeah, what about 'em?!" 🤨
  • ones from various ladies who REALLY want to be my friend
  • fake bank stuff - none of it ever pretending to be from the bank I actually use, mind. xD
  • the little blue pills ofc but nowhere near as many for that as there used to be
  • ones for organ enlargement for guys with inferiority complexes - ties in with the little blue pills one I guess!
  • plus other miscellany that I can't remember

Yeah my junk folder's usually a pretty busy place, but it's tumbleweeds in there lately. I'd have thought if any job was ideal to do from home it's be sending out bulk spam, but maybe/clearly not!  Quite interesting to me that spam has evolved in the last decade or so, it used to be all Russian brides and blue pills basically, didn't it; now it's sheds and piano lessons? Your Russian wife is playing the piano (very badly) so you're hiding out in your shed?? 🤣

SO STORY TIME?

Ok. It's nothing absolutely crazy. 

But I have been in the discord since early 2018, and was invited by the creator funny enough. We had talked about some charity thing and we connected over the fact I was doing children hospital visits as Spider-Man and charity events for under privileged kids through the Ronald McDonald Foundation. SO. I'm in the discord at that point.

Early to mid 2018 I didn't know much about what was allowed in Neopets in the way of userscripts, so I just downloaded all the ones recommended to me by people on the reddit, which is also run by the discord people. Same mods. Moving along, One of the scripts was one to visit the healings springs to heal your pets every 30 minutes. I stopped using the script in August of 2018 but never deleted it off of my greasemonkey. SO I had it installed but wasn't using it, like, it wasn't activated I should say. Greasemonkey is used like a library where you download a script and can turn it on and off. I had been meaning to delete it off my library but there's so much to purge there I figured, I wasn't using it so what's the harm. 

Fast forward to yesterday. I post a screenshot of me getting caught with a bad word filter for something like, "the only way to open is" and one of my userscripts is to let me know not to post things that could get me in trouble. In this case the word pen was next to is... you can do the math. One of the mods Novey wanted to use that script so he asked for a DL link. I said, I got in trouble for using links in the past so I'll DM you. I dm-ed him and told him to use userscripts at his own discretion. I didn't know he was a mod at this point, I thought he was genuinely trying to learn about Userscripts (I'm dumb), not potentially trying to phish for information. So he asked which userscripts I have installed. I gave him a long list. He seemed very curious about the Healing Springs one  here's a snippet:
"NoveyYesterday at 2:25 PM
Ah okay can you list all of them then?
bboyspidermanYesterday at 2:27 PM
gameroom fixmeup - autofills the hagan and a couple small tweaks that make dailies a couple minutes faster
search helper - adds TP, sdb, and sw, ssw links to items on screen so you can easily look them up 
food club auto better - I link it to my better and it fills in the bet I click bet, it fills in the second bet, I click bet, sort of like the hagan
bad word checker - for neoboards
ssw shop price checker - to make sure I'm not posting 100k items for 10k, basically like the search helper, but is shop exclusive
training timer  - times my training so I can accurately train my pets
sidebar - adds a sidebar with helpful dailies links and timers for jhudara an illusen
and the healing springs one
which I just turned off
I had a couple more but once I got premium on NP it made them useless
NoveyYesterday at 2:31 PM
Alright thank you so much! Do any of these like visit pages for you at all? Sorry, I don't really know much about scripts and such!
And I'm interested in the healing springs one mainly, do you have a link for that?
bboyspidermanYesterday at 2:51 PM
the healing springs one visits the healing springs for you every 30 minutes
which is not neo-legal but I used it for a half a year without anything happening. but I don't know if I would recommend you use it yourself
here is the link
(link removed for TDN guidelines)
NoveyYesterday at 3:03 PM
So, unfortunately since we are a fair to play server, and you've knowingly been using auto scripts over the past year, while trading in our server, we have to issue a ban on you. We've done the same for people who use these scripts, because although you didn't get in trouble, you're still risking yours and others accounts by using them and actively trading/selling/buying things on site."

I had told him:
" I used it for BD purposes because I like staying healed up
but 1/20 times she gives an item, so it technically automatically gives me a healing potion or snowball a couple times a day
so I should have deleted it a while ago
just got lazy"

He got the impression that I was still actively using it, when I meant that I had been using it like, in my library and giving the link to people who were interested. The script literally has no great impact on the game. Any and all items I got from it are STILL in my sdb, because they are virtually worthless. I never benefitted in NP from it nor did I use it to my advantage in #trading. Using the script maybe got me a random healing potion a day. which is like OK at best. The important thing was that it kept my pet healed for BD-nig, which is my big passion in the game.
image.png.52b5a7f95991e7d0f2e5a3150ccaf36b.png

So though I stopped using the script in mid 2018, since that coincided with the start date I was in the discord (I assume since he didn't give me much warning when he booted me) I was banned from the discord and then 5 minutes later I was banned from the Reddit, since my username was on it.

TL;DR I messed up talking to a mod casually about using scripts and miscommunicated how I use them which got me banned. 

It was my fault for not specifying that when I say use I meant "had installed". English is my second language so there's a lot of intricacies I still mess up. I grew up in Heidelberg, Germany and though we tend to learn English better than most people, I learned it in both Europe and America since I ended grade school in California. You can imagine the confusion. Not trying to say I wasn't in the wrong, but I am saying that he should have talked to me before straight up banning me from literally everything he had the power to.

The biggest miscommunication was that I said, "and the healing springs one
which I just turned off" which he thought meant "I just stopped using it", instead of me meaning I just got rid of it off Greasemonkey. Un-installed it.

I know some people get unbanned after a year or two and appealing the decision to the mods. I just sent in my appeal and hope they'll listen to me. But I've heard varying things about their change of heart to banned people. In an effort to stay in the community I've been using the neoboards and want to come back to TDN again. The discord is just INSTANT and everyone there was so friendly it's really rough to not have access to it anymore.

I just joined the TDN discord, but it was 1/20th the amount of people, still, I need some access to instant messaging hahaha

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@SpideyLuc So that was basically a sting operation on his part? Or am I being too harsh in my judgement here?

Oh no it definitely felt like a sting operation. Phishing for sure. very kindly asking me questions and seeming interested in things, and then BOOM HERE'S THE BOOT haha

21 minutes ago, SpideyLuc said:

Oh no it definitely felt like a sting operation. Phishing for sure. very kindly asking me questions and seeming interested in things, and then BOOM HERE'S THE BOOT haha

That's pretty shabby behaviour, he's been watching too many cop shows maybe. 😅

The taking down of SpideyLuc: Criminal Mastermind! 🕵️‍♂️

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@SpideyLuc So that was basically a sting operation on his part? Or am I being too harsh in my judgement here?

I have to agree sounds like he went out of his way to catch you up, I hope your appeal works out for you though!

15 hours ago, aaml said:

I have to agree sounds like he went out of his way to catch you up, I hope your appeal works out for you though!

I sent in a 5,000 word appeal and got back one sentence:

"Sorry, your ban is permanent"

31 minutes ago, SpideyLuc said:

I sent in a 5,000 word appeal and got back one sentence:

"Sorry, your ban is permanent"

Oh that is just nasty they probably didn't even read it maybe you can find another I know there are quite a few neopet discords floating around you may find a better fit, doesn't solve the problem of not being able to contact others though 😕 

Sounds like the Discord mods are even harsher than TNT! I mean I'm not saying you weren't doing something you shouldn't have been (not splitting hairs about the fact that you were no longer doing it) but their way of dealing with it was punitive to say the least. o.o

The moment you know you did something that's against neo rules you should avoid even mentioning it at all costs. Even if it was years ago. TNT and official fan sites don't like it and might still issue a punishment. I know Discord isn't, and probably never will be, something TNT accepts as a fansite but you should act in the same way though.

They don't want you to give other ppl ideas (and TDN enforces this rule too). They and/or you might get in trouble because of it and ofc TNT (and most of the players) don't want cheaters on neopets. Talking about scripts you're using is always dangerous. Even if it's just a script that helps you remember to visit a place. On top of that anything that starts with or contains "auto"-something is easily deemed against the rules even if in fact it's just a name and the script is harmless.

On 4/11/2020 at 1:36 AM, Duma said:

The moment you know you did something that's against neo rules you should avoid even mentioning it at all costs. Even if it was years ago. TNT and official fan sites don't like it and might still issue a punishment. I know Discord isn't, and probably never will be, something TNT accepts as a fansite but you should act in the same way though.

They don't want you to give other ppl ideas (and TDN enforces this rule too). They and/or you might get in trouble because of it and ofc TNT (and most of the players) don't want cheaters on neopets. Talking about scripts you're using is always dangerous. Even if it's just a script that helps you remember to visit a place. On top of that anything that starts with or contains "auto"-something is easily deemed against the rules even if in fact it's just a name and the script is harmless.

Yeah I definitely learned my neolesson with the mods in the discord. There's a zero tolerance policy in effect. My guild member got banned from everything too:
i said i had np leftover from games on my alt

but that was my main for like a year

because my old acc didnt have a email

so i wasnt able to recover it

that's a snippet from our conversation. They banned her for mentioning something, without following up with questions about it and banned her outright without letting her explain. It's just a bit rough is all I'm saying. I'm a mod on a couple reddits and two discord channels and I ALWAYS gave people warnings and pms before doing something drastic. Unless it was something racist/sexist/super offensive.