Can't paint Angelpuss?

Nielo

Stupid question time!

I finally attached petpets to three of the pets on one of my side accounts, and had intended to paint the Angelpuss Plushie. However, when I go to the petpet puddle, only one of the three petpets is visible, and it's not the Angelpuss. (The other one I can't see isn't paintable, so that one makes sense, I guess.)

Is there a simple rule I'm missing? Does the pet the petpet belongs to need to be a certain age for the petpet to be paintable? (My Scorchio is only a week old.) Has there been a change in the "paintability" of Angelpusses? Am I missing something super obvious? 😆

8 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Stupid question time!

I finally attached petpets to three of the pets on one of my side accounts, and had intended to paint the Angelpuss Plushie. However, when I go to the petpet puddle, only one of the three petpets is visible, and it's not the Angelpuss. (The other one I can't see isn't paintable, so that one makes sense, I guess.)

Is there a simple rule I'm missing? Does the pet the petpet belongs to need to be a certain age for the petpet to be paintable? (My Scorchio is only a week old.) Has there been a change in the "paintability" of Angelpusses? Am I missing something super obvious? 😆

This is what I found, so these are the colors Angelpuss can be painted from what I know.  Good luck! Some of very cute. It probably depends on the paint brush.

http://www.neopets.com/pool/petpet_colors.phtml?f_species=8

10 minutes ago, ClockNotWork said:

This is what I found, so these are the colors Angelpuss can be painted from what I know.  Good luck! Some of very cute. It probably depends on the paint brush.

http://www.neopets.com/pool/petpet_colors.phtml?f_species=8

Thanks. 🙂 But Plushie is definitely an Angelpuss colour (I specifically chose the Angelpuss for this pet because I thought the Plushie Angelpuss would like nice with her), so it's not the paint brush. It's just not showing up at the puddle at all. (One of the other petpets I attached, a Skree, is showing up, even though I have no paint brush I could use on it.)

3 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Thanks. 🙂 But Plushie is definitely an Angelpuss colour (I specifically chose the Angelpuss for this pet because I thought the Plushie Angelpuss would like nice with her), so it's not the paint brush. It's just not showing up at the puddle at all. (One of the other petpets I attached, a Skree, is showing up, even though I have no paint brush I could use on it.)

That is really weird. I have no idea why it would do that, maybe it's a glitch? Did you just attach the petpet? If so maybe try taking it off, then go to the pet puddle then reattach the petpet and go back to the puddle after you refreshed and everything. 😧 I wish I could help more. 

17 minutes ago, ClockNotWork said:

That is really weird. I have no idea why it would do that, maybe it's a glitch? Did you just attach the petpet? If so maybe try taking it off, then go to the pet puddle then reattach the petpet and go back to the puddle after you refreshed and everything. 😧 I wish I could help more. 

Yeah, that's what I'm considering. I attached it yesterday, and was hoping that the problem would fix itself if I just waited a day, but it hasn't, so re-attaching it is probably my best bet at this point.

*Edit: nope, no dice. Removed petpet, refreshed the puddle, re-attached it, refreshed the puddle a bunch of times, cleared my cache, but no luck. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Yeah, that's what I'm considering. I attached it yesterday, and was hoping that the problem would fix itself if I just waited a day, but it hasn't, so re-attaching it is probably my best bet at this point.

Hopefully that will work, if not, try looking on Reddit to see if anyone else had the same problem. I know sometimes I find a lot of help on Reddit, of all places xD it's not always a nightmare. 

3 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I have one attached on my Melary for many years now 

image.png.5b4cae3fb58c7535a4f045df2e0d3173.png

And if I recall it correctly, I didn't buy the petpet and paint brush but bought it painted from the Shop Wizard. 

It costs around ~24,000 NP in case you can't paint it manually. 

Thanks. 🙂  I did consider buying it, as it's not all that expensive, but I've had a Plushie Petpet Paint Brush for aaaaaages, and both that paint brush and the Angelpuss were just hanging out in my SDB anyway, so I figured this would be a great time to use them.

You definitely should be able to paint it Plushie (I checked Jellyneo to make sure the Plushie version isn't Unpaintable) so I would suggest reporting it to Neopets. It's unfortunate you're experiencing this glitch, but hopefully once Neopets are made aware of it they'll be able to fix it!