And then there were three!

GillyTook

Finally made a third account for myself.  Honestly, I've been wanting one for a while, and when I saw all the poor lost pets in the pound today (THOUSANDS OF THEM!)  I figured I'd grab the last 7 species on my want list.  Two for the main accounts (including the chomby I got earlier) plus a few more.  And I forgot that you have to be a certain number of days old to adopt anything irregular, lol, oops!  

So for now I've got a little vandagyre that I need to customise (can't make an account without creating a pet.), and I'll watch those thousands as they sit there looking all sad, and wanting homes 😞  Hope the next couple of months go by quickly, so I can adopt some, and hope there are some good ones in there when I can!

Adopting pets can be addictive :laugh:

58 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

And I forgot that you have to be a certain number of days old to adopt anything irregular

That's why I made my sideaccounts in a short period with just 1 pet in them. Long before I knew I would need them because I knew I'd want to transfer/adopt such and would need the space + the number of transfers I could have over the time would be handy!

I think it's 4 to 6 months before you can adopt fancy pets. I just googled it.

Account Age Restrictions

Players whose accounts are less than 4 months old have limited capacity to receive painted and trained Neopets.

I feel you, I adopted 4 pets in a month, just looking for one extra, ended up with two more lol. It really is addicting. 

I too adopt pets. I go toa Certified Fan Site of Neo,   The Lost and Pound      I adopt old of the oldest pets that has been stuck in the pound and I zap them into something special that I believe others will like. I have 5 accounts, 4 plus my main. I have adopted out many a pet that was once lost. I'm glad you are adopting pets. I wish others would not create they then abandon them but it is all part of the game or we wounldn't be able to do it.  I don't re pound the ones I change but look for them new homes. I couldn't tell you if any of them are good names because I don't know the difference in a bad or good name. I do see some that others have obviously named after themselves, a friend, maybe a family member, (or that is what it appears it is to me.  Maybe not.

Anyway kudo for taking them out of the pound.

10 hours ago, GillyTook said:

So for now I've got a little vandagyre that I need to customise (can't make an account without creating a pet.), and I'll watch those thousands as they sit there looking all sad, and wanting homes 😞 

I think it's possible to create an account without making a pet. (Or at least, it used to be, because last year I stumbled on an account I'd apparently made 8 years prior (and had completely forgotten about), and it didn't have any pets on it yet.)

Odd.  I tried to go straight to the pound to pick up a level one pet, and it just kept redirecting me.  

Hmph.  ALL of my pets are either too high levelled, or coloured fancy.  Any way to decrease a level or two of a pet so I could transfer it that isn't waiting up for deadly dice and hoping?

22 hours ago, Nielo said:

I think it's possible to create an account without making a pet. (Or at least, it used to be, because last year I stumbled on an account I'd apparently made 8 years prior (and had completely forgotten about), and it didn't have any pets on it yet.)

9 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Odd.  I tried to go straight to the pound to pick up a level one pet, and it just kept redirecting me.  

Hmph.  ALL of my pets are either too high levelled, or coloured fancy.  Any way to decrease a level or two of a pet so I could transfer it that isn't waiting up for deadly dice and hoping?

I had the same problem when I was trying to create side accounts. I could not go forward until I had a pet for the account. Of course Neo makes small changes that we sometimes don't notice right away. This being one of the little things that may have gone un noticed. I wonder if you know what may happen if an account that does have pets and if all were adopted out will the account no longer exist or just remain until you add pets? Since the one you describe is an older account I am referring to a newer created account. I'm not going to test it, I'll just keep a pet in each account I have to be on the safe side.

6 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I wonder if you know what may happen if an account that does have pets and if all were adopted out will the account no longer exist or just remain until you add pets?

You definitely can have an account with no pets on it; I experimented with this with my second account ages ago.

I pounded poor Frank (sorry, fella) he was the only pet I had on there at the time, and the account continued to exist. You can't actually do anything without a pet on the account though, you just get prompted to make a pet and can't navigate beyond that, so the account basically just becomes a space-holder. No using it for faerie quests or anything like that, you can't access the shop wiz.

Disclaimer! All the second half of that last statement is somewhat dubious in its accuracy! I remember not being able to do anything, but no concrete details any more, just strong impressions remain now.

In the end I got Frank back out of the Pound because I could see there was no point in a petless account. I'm quite sure he needs a lot of therapy now. 😨

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

You definitely can have an account with no pets on it; I experimented with this with my second account ages ago.

I pounded poor Frank (sorry, fella) he was the only pet I had on there at the time, and the account continued to exist. You can't actually do anything without a pet on the account though, you just get prompted to make a pet and can't navigate beyond that, so the account basically just becomes a space-holder. No using it for faerie quests or anything like that, you can't access the shop wiz.

Disclaimer! All the second half of that last statement is somewhat dubious in its accuracy! I remember not being able to do anything, but no concrete details any more, just strong impressions remain now.

In the end I got Frank back out of the Pound because I could see there was no point in a petless account. I'm quite sure he needs a lot of therapy now. 😨

lol, poor Frank! I don't foresee a petless account but the question crossed my mind. Since it seems that this was also a long time ago for you is it possible that times have changed or do you think it remains the same? When Nielo referenced her account it was an older account as well. I can see not being able to do anything with the account.

P.S. Do you still have Frank?

12 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

Since it seems that this was also a long time ago for you is it possible that times have changed or do you think it remains the same?

It's not that long ago, I just can't remember due to my broken brain. kisskiss.gif  It was after a conversation on here with Deboratibi as she said you could have an account without a pet on it, so I thought sending Frank out into the wide world would be a better option than me perpetually ignoring him. Deb's been inactive for a while now, but I'm gonna say two years max since I did this? Pretty sure TNT aren't going to have messed about with this during that timeframe.

12 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

P.S. Do you still have Frank?

I dooo

image.png.25299380c3d7c3ad22536e77ae8cf63d.png

He doesn't LOOK like he's developing homicidal tendencies thanks to my mistreatment of him...:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...