How are you spending your time during quarantine?

Hanso

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I love the playfulness & curiousness of cats -- especially in kittens. 😆

They're just big, silly fluffballs.

13 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I'm so glad!

It was pretty funny watching a 120lb lady wrestling with a 100+lb Great Pyrenees pup. I know my husband thought it was funny. But did he get off the couch to help, Nope! 🤣

Today one of us has to go to the Post Office, and I think I might volunteer my Mr. for that task lol. He's going to have to help me with Kai though. If we want to treat his ear and prevent an infection we need to clean them.

I bet! I have a few dogs at home myself, and I'm a small thing as well. I can very much relate to a giant ball of fur rag-dolling you around! 🤣

My boyfriend has been going to most places actually -- but it's more so because I'm high-risk. He's very cautious at least and makes sure to keep clean! 

As for treating dog ears and cleaning them, always such an adventure! 

32 minutes ago, Ennoshima said:

I love the playfulness & curiousness of cats -- especially in kittens. 😆

They're just big, silly fluffballs.

I bet! I have a few dogs at home myself, and I'm a small thing as well. I can very much relate to a giant ball of fur rag-dolling you around! 🤣

My boyfriend has been going to most places actually -- but it's more so because I'm high-risk. He's very cautious at least and makes sure to keep clean! 

As for treating dog ears and cleaning them, always such an adventure! 

When we got Kai last summer he was just a big fluffy clumsy polar bear thing!

Kai's predecessor was a Jack-Russell Terrier, so going form her to this big clumsy oaf has been an adventure lol. Kai is such a gently giant! The kids grab onto his tail and he drags them around the living room. I would prefer they not do that, but it's on a laminate floor so they're really not hurting Kai and he absolutely does not care.

My husband has been the one doing our weekly grocery shop. I don't drive and to get groceries for better prices than our local grocery store it's 40 minute drive. I stay home with the kids. I have gone to the post office a couple of times to get packages in my name to make things easier for the staff and my Mr. That's very nice of your boyfriend to be going out for you. My husband changes when he gets home after things have been put away and we both wash our hands really well. Our youngest normally helps us put groceries away but we're keeping her from helping to keep her safe.

It's an adventure for sure! Mouse, Kai's predecessor, didn't mind her ears being touched or wiped. I rarely had to do that unless she had a bath and I was drying her off. Other then that Mouse never had ear infections or anything. Mouse just would not let us trim her nails ever, so she always had these long fingernail looking claws lol. When we started taking her to the vet for treatment they'd do her nails for us and I guess she didn't put up much of a stink. I need to do Kai's nails too one of these days. I was going to get the vet techs to do it but I can't right now with the virus.

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@Duma do you think your company will stop adding any fragrance altogether to their cleaning products then? It does seem the most the sensible option. LIke you say there's always that risk of averse effects with fragrance, and when it's in a work setting better to err on the side of caution. Really good of them to listen and make changes though! :D

I suffer from hay fever myself, right now CAN be a bad time for it for me but only if I'm near a field of rapeseed as it's in flower now, that stuff is EVIL. I used to hold my breath going past fields of it on the bus on the way to work xD But it hits me really hard! Way more than my regular hay fever which is through June into mid-July, that's actually a lot milder now. So really just the fields of yellow stink in April to worry about. 😖

This woman, clearly no sense of smell!image.png.ff68dab357359a78f03dd4dc7eb0034d.png

A lot more like it xD image.png.2c3873e0708b476ab8c642b1084d88a2.png

The current batch has aloe vera in it instead of limonell. I'm not sure if they'll be sensible enough to just leave out fragrance. At least aloe vera is good for the skin too.

Being allergic to rapeseed must be horrible! Luckily I'm only allergic to spring trees like birch. Once it gets to July my allergies are way milder or even completely gone. Worst time for me is (depending on the weather) March/April to mid June.

🤣 @ those pictures though! That is hilarious!

26 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

When we got Kai last summer he was just a big fluffy clumsy polar bear thing!

Kai's predecessor was a Jack-Russell Terrier, so going form her to this big clumsy oaf has been an adventure lol. Kai is such a gently giant! The kids grab onto his tail and he drags them around the living room. I would prefer they not do that, but it's on a laminate floor so they're really not hurting Kai and he absolutely does not care.

My husband has been the one doing our weekly grocery shop. I don't drive and to get groceries for better prices than our local grocery store it's 40 minute drive. I stay home with the kids. I have gone to the post office a couple of times to get packages in my name to make things easier for the staff and my Mr. That's very nice of your boyfriend to be going out for you. My husband changes when he gets home after things have been put away and we both wash our hands really well. Our youngest normally helps us put groceries away but we're keeping her from helping to keep her safe.

It's an adventure for sure! Mouse, Kai's predecessor, didn't mind her ears being touched or wiped. I rarely had to do that unless she had a bath and I was drying her off. Other then that Mouse never had ear infections or anything. Mouse just would not let us trim her nails ever, so she always had these long fingernail looking claws lol. When we started taking her to the vet for treatment they'd do her nails for us and I guess she didn't put up much of a stink. I need to do Kai's nails too one of these days. I was going to get the vet techs to do it but I can't right now with the virus.

Awe!! My sweet boy recently passed, but when we first got him, he was exactly the same! Gotta love the clumsy/curious stage. 

I always grew up around animals -- cats, dogs, even chickens, haha. So I have a lil experience when it comes to size difference, but I can deff see the challenge! 

The pups would always grab onto his tail, and he would playfully pull 'em around the kitchen and stuff, it's one of my favourite memories. We were nervous at first due to someones the father not being open to the pups, but he was amazing! This was all many years ago, but it's still a nice memory to have.

I also don't drive, I have a really big fear of it, and extreme anxiety even as a passenger. My boyfriend is very understanding of it, and I do wish to try to learn one day! 

Most of our stores here have been sold out, and the ones further away seem to be more stocked. TP is still an issue, as expected. He plans to go shopping within the next few days since we are running low on food, and other stuff. I do plan to go out with him this time around, but I will be sure to keep myself distanced and safe. We need a lot of stuff this time around, since our first of the month shopping was foiled by panic-buyers, so I feel I should go and help him. He also does the same -- getting changed, and washing hands really well. (I'm also a Germaphobe, so extreme cleaning of anything is just then norm for me, too). How sweet your youngest helps, but totally understand keeping her from doing it at this time! 

Some of my pups LOVE getting their ears cleaned, while the others will literally wrestle you to the floor, haha. 

We only have 3 dogs, we did have 5, but ended up losing them recently. Though I can say, NONE of them love getting their nails done. We know how to safely, thanks to a Vet Tech teaching us, though I personally get anxious trying to do it -- so I always leave it to the boyfriend. He's the more calm one than this jittery ball of anxiety. 🤣

3 hours ago, Ennoshima said:

Awe!! My sweet boy recently passed, but when we first got him, he was exactly the same! Gotta love the clumsy/curious stage. 

I always grew up around animals -- cats, dogs, even chickens, haha. So I have a lil experience when it comes to size difference, but I can deff see the challenge! 

The pups would always grab onto his tail, and he would playfully pull 'em around the kitchen and stuff, it's one of my favourite memories. We were nervous at first due to someones the father not being open to the pups, but he was amazing! This was all many years ago, but it's still a nice memory to have.

I also don't drive, I have a really big fear of it, and extreme anxiety even as a passenger. My boyfriend is very understanding of it, and I do wish to try to learn one day! 

Most of our stores here have been sold out, and the ones further away seem to be more stocked. TP is still an issue, as expected. He plans to go shopping within the next few days since we are running low on food, and other stuff. I do plan to go out with him this time around, but I will be sure to keep myself distanced and safe. We need a lot of stuff this time around, since our first of the month shopping was foiled by panic-buyers, so I feel I should go and help him. He also does the same -- getting changed, and washing hands really well. (I'm also a Germaphobe, so extreme cleaning of anything is just then norm for me, too). How sweet your youngest helps, but totally understand keeping her from doing it at this time! 

Some of my pups LOVE getting their ears cleaned, while the others will literally wrestle you to the floor, haha. 

We only have 3 dogs, we did have 5, but ended up losing them recently. Though I can say, NONE of them love getting their nails done. We know how to safely, thanks to a Vet Tech teaching us, though I personally get anxious trying to do it -- so I always leave it to the boyfriend. He's the more calm one than this jittery ball of anxiety. 🤣

Awe my condolences! Mouse passed away in May last year. We got Kai at the end of June. There were no plans to get another dog ever, but he was something our family needed to heal. He taught our youngest how to love again when they bonded. I've always had dogs. I did have a cat when I was like 8 but I hated that cat. It was a stray and a mean one. Kai's so gentle the kids can lay on him and sit on his back. My youngest, who is 3, loves to sit on his back and lay on him while he's laying down. But when he lays on her, that's not allowed lol.

I'm similar to you in the anxiety department for driving. I don't mind being a passenger as long as my husband is driving. Anyone else and I'm on high alert.

I hope your trip goes well. Just keep in mind that some stores may only be allowing 1 person per household. That's how things are here right now. I miss our regular grocery shops. Stay safe out there! She loves to help and will start emptying bags out before we're even ready for them. Her sisters would much rather race upstairs to go play when we get home from shopping.

The only problem I ever had with Mouse was anything involving her feet and I don't get it. Her feet were constantly touched while she was a puppy and growing up, she just didn't like it.

@Duma and @jellysundae Having allergies at this time of year with the pandemic going on is not going to be a fun time! I wish you both the best in getting through it. I hope your work still allows you to come in as long as you're only showing allergy symptoms. Like you Duma, I'm allergic to some scents and different products. I have to watch what shampoos and bodywashes I used. Even products at the hair salon will give me nasal congestion and sneezing. Usually when I get my hair done I tell them not to use products, especially ones I'm not familiar with.

8 hours ago, Duma said:

The current batch has aloe vera in it instead of limonell

Hopefully that won't cause a problem at all then :D Very little fragrance in aloe so hopefully there'll be no issue with it. Limonell's a bit in your face, so I can definitely see that being the cause of your problem! You'll find out soon enough though. 🙂

8 hours ago, Ennoshima said:

TP is still an issue

Really? 😧 I'm clearly so lucky that I had plenty already before it became a rare commodity, also my mum nabbed a pack for me and dropped it off when she delivered my meds. It's a 6-roll pack but they're double rolls so with that and the 3 rolls I have left from my big pack I'm good for at least 15 weeks with regard to loo roll! For this I am very grateful!

4 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

some stores may only be allowing 1 person per household.

That's what they're doing here. No limit on the amount of kids they can bring in with them though as they're aware some people have no choice but to brings their children with them.

I'm so hoping to get myself together enough to go check my post at some point today. It's a pain for anyone having to go on a trek to get their post in a country where we have a letterbox in our front doors mostly; but with my brain issues it's a real problem for the motivation to go and do this. I have more seeds patiently waiting down there for me to plant them!

I decided to attempt growing microgreens as a means to get some fresh greens in these times of groceries instability. i sowed some broccoli and radish seeds and those are coming along very nicely, especially the radishes as those are crazy with how quick and easy they are to grow. It's all down to me remembering to water them. 😅 The seeds I've yet to collect are alfalfa, red clover and salad burnet so we'll see how I get on with those! Especially as the alfalfa needs to be sprouted in water in a jar, could be disastrous! Forget about it and discover this rancid-smelling slime days later... >.<

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hopefully that won't cause a problem at all then :D Very little fragrance in aloe so hopefully there'll be no issue with it. Limonell's a bit in your face, so I can definitely see that being the cause of your problem! You'll find out soon enough though. 🙂

Really? 😧 I'm clearly so lucky that I had plenty already before it became a rare commodity, also my mum nabbed a pack for me and dropped it off when she delivered my meds. It's a 6-roll pack but they're double rolls so with that and the 3 rolls I have left from my big pack I'm good for at least 15 weeks with regard to loo roll! For this I am very grateful!

That's what they're doing here. No limit on the amount of kids they can bring in with them though as they're aware some people have no choice but to brings their children with them.

I'm so hoping to get myself together enough to go check my post at some point today. It's a pain for anyone having to go on a trek to get their post in a country where we have a letterbox in our front doors mostly; but with my brain issues it's a real problem for the motivation to go and do this. I have more seeds patiently waiting down there for me to plant them!

I decided to attempt growing microgreens as a means to get some fresh greens in these times of groceries instability. i sowed some broccoli and radish seeds and those are coming along very nicely, especially the radishes as those are crazy with how quick and easy they are to grow. It's all down to me remembering to water them. 😅 The seeds I've yet to collect are alfalfa, red clover and salad burnet so we'll see how I get on with those! Especially as the alfalfa needs to be sprouted in water in a jar, could be disastrous! Forget about it and discover this rancid-smelling slime days later... >.<

We're good for TP for at least 2 - 3 months now, thanks to Mom who got a huge pack that she sent with my Mr.

It's more of a recommendation here than mandatory because there are people who are single parents and their kids are too young to be left alone in the vehicle or at home. People are quick to shame those who they see as ignoring the rules. My daughter's Kindergarten teacher shops at Cosco and she has a big family with 5 kids. When she goes shopping she doubles up on everything and had two carts last time she went shopping. A guy was standing there starting to video her and she snapped at him that she has a big family to feed. The guy put away his phone right away after that.

That's got to ba a challenge for you Jelly! I hope you can get down there to get your seeds. Sounds like it'll be a good way to spend some of your time. Just have to remember that water. Maybe you could start checking on them daily at around the same time so it becomes habit. Even if you know they won't need water for a few days.

We did this a couple years ago: https://homeschooled-littles.tumblr.com/post/183243342394/february-25-2019-project-3-soil-homes-our-two

The rice and cereal ones smelled awful and I dumped them about a week or so before the experiment was technically over. There's some other interesting things on that blog, but I haven't updated it in a while.

We started talking about possibly planting a garden here, but I'm a little hesitant because of my 4-legged excavator.

10 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

A guy was standing there starting to video her and she snapped at him that she has a big family to feed. The guy put away his phone right away after that.

That is so creepy!! I hope he got a good snap and felt really ashamed of himself! 

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Are they in the ground or in pots? Radishes and broccoli are pretty easy and don't need a lot of care. Don't forget to cover the broccoli when the flower starts to grow though, birds eat those like candy.

I'm attempting to sprout avocado seed number 9000 or so, but this time I'm using a new method. This one: https://botanopia.com/how-to-sprout/

I know right! I can't believe people most of the time. If we weren't social and physical distancing, if you see someone with two carts, maybe offer to push one out to their vehicle for them or at least be nice. I've been at Walmart pushing my stroller and towing a cart behind me. I've been offered help with it several times, which I always refused because I didn't need it. I was usually waiting for my husband or my kids were helping with the cart or stroller.

Good luck with your avocado experiment!

Off topic but funny. I was a jerk to Kai earlier today. He was sleeping and his right ear, the one I need to clean, was facing the ceiling so I could get to it easily. I grabbed a paper towel and stuffed that in my pocket and grabbed his ear cleaner and held it behind my back. While he was still sleeping I grabbed his ear and squirted the cleaner in. He gets up and gives me this nasty look of "What did you just do?!" and tries to shake but I still have my hand in his ear with the cloth to work as a stopper so I can massage all the gunk out. Then I let him shake his head and I go clean out the loose debris. While cleaning with the cloth he's groaning the entire time, clearly it felt good. I think it's just the fact of having something liquid squirted in his ear that he doesn't like. His ears are looking better already which is good. I don't think we'll have to take him to the vet just yet.

11 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I hope you can get down there to get your seeds.

Mission accomplished! Post checked. 💪

The alfalfa is in progress now, in its jar on top of the fridge. This is too labour-intensive for me to do again, it needs rinsing several times a day... yeah, no way my brain will be able to remember that. But hopefully this time at least I'll be able to manage it.

I pause in my reply to go water my broccoli and radish microgreens while I think about it!

*intermission* goldy.gif

I wonder if that ^ means anything to any of you? I'm not at all sure where it's popped up from in my head xD Definitely something about intermissions showing a goldfish bowl on the screen, but I can't remember where this info has come from. 😅

Ok, done! Also some radish greens harvested to add to my breakfast! Feeling so very virtuous now. :angel:

Now I have every intent of sowing my other seeds today, during my mid-posting pause in the kitchen just now I made some space for a third seedtray, so part of me at least is hopeful of this happening!

2 hours ago, epona1 said:

Are they in the ground or in pots?

They're in seedtrays 🙂 indoors so safe from birdies.

I have an avocado in progress right now. :DThere's just something very compelling about sprouting these guys isn't there! They never last that long with me, about 18 months is the longest, it was too ratty-looking by then so I got rid of it. Yesterday I took it out of the soil it was in (there's zero sign of germination yet, only been in there about 2 weeks) and I've tried the baggie method! That's now residing on the windowsill. This method's meant to be quicker? We shall see! I'm hopeful of keeping the plant looking nice for longer too, by cutting it back so it grows stronger, but not so much that it dies which is what I did last time. :whistle:

I've done the impaled on toothpicks and suspended with their behind in water method previously, but the water gets full of algae too quickly; plus anything with the potential for me doing something disastrous is best avoided if at all possible xD So water in multiple glass objects on a narrow sill... yeah, let's not go there again, I managed to smash one of a set of painted glasses by doing this last year. 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

While cleaning with the cloth he's groaning the entire time, clearly it felt good.

My ex's Jack Russell, he had an ear infection. I'd put his drops in for him and he too clearly enjoyed how having them massaged in felt, he did the same groany thing!

He was SUCH a good boy about these drops. After just a couple of applications I only needed to show him the bottle and he'd get a 🙄 look on his face and go and flop down on his bed with a martyred sigh (drama queen) with the left ear upwards so I could put them in. So PFFT! all over that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, thing, he was 17 at the time!

I'd say the people who are being various flavours of jerk during this are the ones who are like that anyway, just maybe not normally quite as bad? For sure it's bringing out the best in people, but it's most definitely bringing out the worst too. That guy in the supermarket, he's probably just being more of a jerk than usual these days. 😞

@jellysundae Yay you made it to get the post! 🎉

I wish you all the best with your growings!

That is way too funny about your ex's Jack_Russell. I love their quirkiness so much and I thoroughly miss Mouse's crazy shenanigans. Kai's got his own quirks and crazy antics so watching him develop and grow is entertaining. I'm hoping the more I do this as it's going to be daily for the next week and then every 3 weeks after that for routine cleanings. Hopefully he'll get over it and just deal with it and wait for the treats he gets afterwards.

Last year when Kai was small the girls were running around the yard with him and he was so oblivious to his size he would chase them and start biting them playfully. He'd grab onto t heir summer dresses and hold on to them. It got to the point where they played while he was napping in the house. This year they've been able to play outside with Kai as long as they don't run and get him too excited. They know that he's just happy and wants to play so if they throw his ball, a stick or whatever he has to play with he'll go get it and leave them alone. The other day he was excited and banged his nose into my middle monkey's face giving her a nosebleed for the first time. She panicked because of the blood and freaked out. Within about 5 minutes we had the bleeding stopped and her face all cleaned up. As soon as she started crying Kai was chasing after her to make sure she was alright. It's a lot different playing with a giant dog when you're used to a tiny Jack-Russel.

Some people are handling the situation great and it's bringing out the togetherness and then there's these bad apples you want to keel-haul.

In other news, I think we may have already contracted the virus in early March. I want to contact public health this week and report in and see if/when we can be tested for antibodies.

@jellysundae

Unfortunately it is. :< Thankfully the boyfriends family stocked up a bit, and shared with us. ♥

@Mouseykins

Losing a pet is never easy. I'm a big animal lover, and every one of my pets I have lost within life has hurt more than most would think to know. I'm sorry to hear about Mouse! I'm really glad Kai is now in your lives, it was something truly meant to be! I've had many different kinds of pets, and was fortunate enough for them to be lovely back to me -- I'm sorry about the experience with your cat when you were younger. Kai seems like such a gentle giant from what you've told me, and reminds me of my babies too! They love to be "pillows", cuddle up, and just given affection. 

Anxiety has played such a big part in my life sadly, since I was a young child. Recently has been overwhelming me -- had to do a lot of things which would benefit me in the end, and just the sheer fact I am a worrywart. 😅 I'm currently looking into therapy again, and seeing new doctors to get more help for it. As for the driving part -- I only trust maybe 2-3 people max as I'm a passenger, the boyfriend has tried giving me small lessons in our driveway (IE: parking the car), but even that is enough for me to get quite overwhelmed. I never understood fully why I have such a big fear of driving, but I hope to at least overcome it enough to get my license. 

The stores only allow 10-15 people in at a time, but no household limit here. It's just the standard social distancing and people limit. I'm horrible at making lists for food shopping, I forget so many things. It's easier for me to make a small list of things I do remember, then stroll around the aisles for anything I see I may have forgotten!

My pups love their feet "tickled", but hate when they need their nails trimmed. Wiggling paws aren't exactly easy to trim.  

1 hour ago, Ennoshima said:

Losing a pet is never easy. I'm a big animal lover, and every one of my pets I have lost within life has hurt more than most would think to know. I'm sorry to hear about Mouse! I'm really glad Kai is now in your lives, it was something truly meant to be! I've had many different kinds of pets, and was fortunate enough for them to be lovely back to me -- I'm sorry about the experience with your cat when you were younger. Kai seems like such a gentle giant from what you've told me, and reminds me of my babies too! They love to be "pillows", cuddle up, and just given affection. 

Anxiety has played such a big part in my life sadly, since I was a young child. Recently has been overwhelming me -- had to do a lot of things which would benefit me in the end, and just the sheer fact I am a worrywart. 😅 I'm currently looking into therapy again, and seeing new doctors to get more help for it. As for the driving part -- I only trust maybe 2-3 people max as I'm a passenger, the boyfriend has tried giving me small lessons in our driveway (IE: parking the car), but even that is enough for me to get quite overwhelmed. I never understood fully why I have such a big fear of driving, but I hope to at least overcome it enough to get my license. 

The stores only allow 10-15 people in at a time, but no household limit here. It's just the standard social distancing and people limit. I'm horrible at making lists for food shopping, I forget so many things. It's easier for me to make a small list of things I do remember, then stroll around the aisles for anything I see I may have forgotten!

My pups love their feet "tickled", but hate when they need their nails trimmed. Wiggling paws aren't exactly easy to trim.  

Nope definitely not easy, even when you know it's coming in the not too distant future. It still hits you like a ton of bricks. Meh we only had the cat for a short time anyway. I just didn't play with it or feed it. I did have to clean it's litter box and forever hated that. My step-mom should have done that since she was feeding the cat and not me, but nope I got the disgusting jobs. Kai's been a great addition to our family and his breed is actually nicknamed "The Gentle Giants". They're herd animals and look after livestock, so it's funny watching him herd the kids when we go for a walk. He nudges them in the back as if to tell them to get moving lol.

My fear is I'm scared of getting into an accident while I'm driving.

I tend to forget to make a list and then even when I do I still forget things on it or forget to add things to it. I find it helpful going up and down the aisles too unless I've had enough shopping due to kids not listening and just want to be done.

Wiggling paws are not easy to apply ointment too or bandage either. Mouse had a sore on her paw that I had to put cream on 2x a day. Hubby had to hold her carefully so we wouldn't put too much pressure on her abdomen and keep her paws from scratching him while I put the cream on. After a couple times he just sat beside her and she let me. Last year at Easter Mouse cut her paw outside and was bleeding a bit. We stopped the bleeding and thought she was good to go. Once she started walking again and squishing her pad on the floor the cut opened and started bleeding again so I had to bandage it for her so no dirt would get in it and to stop the bleeding. I bandaged her paw with a gauze pad, gauze wrap that I taped and covered her paw with a small kids sock to keep her from chewing it off. It worked until the sock came of lol.

Kai cut his paw a while ago too and I just cleaned it for him and put polysporin on it. He was barely bleeding so I let him be. If I put gauze or anything on him he'd eat it so he was on his own lol.

Today is supposed to be a school day for my kiddos, but it looks like I'll be sleeping most, if not all day. My youngest was up until 5am and my middle woke up at 5 and she doesn't like to be alone so I've had to stay up with her. Secretly hoping she'll fall back asleep soon or my husband will come down and save me lol. But since I know I'll be sleeping, I've set out schoolwork he can do with them.

Nope definitely not easy, even when you know it's coming in the not too distant future. It still hits you like a ton of bricks. Meh we only had the cat for a short time anyway. I just didn't play with it or feed it. I did have to clean it's litter box and forever hated that. My step-mom should have done that since she was feeding the cat and not me, but nope I got the disgusting jobs. Kai's been a great addition to our family and his breed is actually nicknamed "The Gentle Giants". They're herd animals and look after livestock, so it's funny watching him herd the kids when we go for a walk. He nudges them in the back as if to tell them to get moving lol.

My fear is I'm scared of getting into an accident while I'm driving.

I tend to forget to make a list and then even when I do I still forget things on it or forget to add things to it. I find it helpful going up and down the aisles too unless I've had enough shopping due to kids not listening and just want to be done.

Wiggling paws are not easy to apply ointment too or bandage either. Mouse had a sore on her paw that I had to put cream on 2x a day. Hubby had to hold her carefully so we wouldn't put too much pressure on her abdomen and keep her paws from scratching him while I put the cream on. After a couple times he just sat beside her and she let me. Last year at Easter Mouse cut her paw outside and was bleeding a bit. We stopped the bleeding and thought she was good to go. Once she started walking again and squishing her pad on the floor the cut opened and started bleeding again so I had to bandage it for her so no dirt would get in it and to stop the bleeding. I bandaged her paw with a gauze pad, gauze wrap that I taped and covered her paw with a small kids sock to keep her from chewing it off. It worked until the sock came of lol.

Kai cut his paw a while ago too and I just cleaned it for him and put polysporin on it. He was barely bleeding so I let him be. If I put gauze or anything on him he'd eat it so he was on his own lol.

Today is supposed to be a school day for my kiddos, but it looks like I'll be sleeping most, if not all day. My youngest was up until 5am and my middle woke up at 5 and she doesn't like to be alone so I've had to stay up with her. Secretly hoping she'll fall back asleep soon or my husband will come down and save me lol. But since I know I'll be sleeping, I've set out schoolwork he can do with them.

Ah, I see! I can't see why your mother would have you do that when it really wasn't your cat. I could see perhaps having you feed it since you were a child, but just cleaning it's litter box?? (Not judging your step-mom btw, I just don't know the relationship between you two, and you don't have to share!) Still - I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the cat, it's never easy when a pet doesn't want to be loving, especially if it was how they were found/raised by someone else before you. I just looked up the breed Kai is, cause I get quite foggy-brained often, and I can totally see how Kai is a perfect match for your family even more. My one pup has anxiety, so he tends to always hide by me, he also does the nudge to me when he wants me to go first lol 

That is actually one of my fears! I also have a fear of since my anxiety amps up with the drivers around me -- cause you never know what they're planning to do/if they're paying attention.. and how I'd react to a situation like that. I just don't want to accidentally hurt anyone, myself, or be hurt by another. I never learned to drive, and I have tried countless times to work myself up to do it, but always fail. I'm glad I'm not alone in it, it's something I'm quite self-conscious about. 😅

Ohhh boy, don't get me started on paw injuries! We always gotta (gently) wrestle our pups to clean them, and make sure there's nothing stuck in their paw/they're not bleeding badly, or in need of stitches. Our pup Kipper is a black lab, and does not like to have his paws examined. Tickled? He loves it, anything else and he will continue to pull 'em away. He also tends to have the habit of ripping things open, or eating things if he's sneaky enough. We've gotten better at figuring what he likes to get into, and putting it more out of reach. Dog beds are extremely hard to find for him/give him because he will just eat them. (We make sure he doesn't get clogged up once we find out). We just allow him on the furniture, as with our other pets, since dog beds aren't doable, we tried to teach him that those things aren't for eating, but I'm pretty sure he's got "selective hearing". 🤣

I woke up at 5 AM myself, actually. It was more so due to our fur babies, since they HATE thunderstorms, and we happened to have one earlier in the morning. So many pounds of whimpering, shaky fluffballs jumping on the bed/us was an interesting way to start the day. I have a doctors appointment today for a mammogram -- they're not seeing anyone unless emergency, but when I explained what's been going on/what I found during a self-exam, they wanted to see me the next day. I can relate to your middle lol I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, and HATE being alone too, I tend to wake the boyfriend up for a bit until I can ease myself back to sleep. (Thankfully he's very understanding of that). I hope you're able to get some shuteye in though!

10 hours ago, Ennoshima said:

Ah, I see! I can't see why your mother would have you do that when it really wasn't your cat. I could see perhaps having you feed it since you were a child, but just cleaning it's litter box?? (Not judging your step-mom btw, I just don't know the relationship between you two, and you don't have to share!) Still - I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the cat, it's never easy when a pet doesn't want to be loving, especially if it was how they were found/raised by someone else before you. I just looked up the breed Kai is, cause I get quite foggy-brained often, and I can totally see how Kai is a perfect match for your family even more. My one pup has anxiety, so he tends to always hide by me, he also does the nudge to me when he wants me to go first lol 

That is actually one of my fears! I also have a fear of since my anxiety amps up with the drivers around me -- cause you never know what they're planning to do/if they're paying attention.. and how I'd react to a situation like that. I just don't want to accidentally hurt anyone, myself, or be hurt by another. I never learned to drive, and I have tried countless times to work myself up to do it, but always fail. I'm glad I'm not alone in it, it's something I'm quite self-conscious about. 😅

Ohhh boy, don't get me started on paw injuries! We always gotta (gently) wrestle our pups to clean them, and make sure there's nothing stuck in their paw/they're not bleeding badly, or in need of stitches. Our pup Kipper is a black lab, and does not like to have his paws examined. Tickled? He loves it, anything else and he will continue to pull 'em away. He also tends to have the habit of ripping things open, or eating things if he's sneaky enough. We've gotten better at figuring what he likes to get into, and putting it more out of reach. Dog beds are extremely hard to find for him/give him because he will just eat them. (We make sure he doesn't get clogged up once we find out). We just allow him on the furniture, as with our other pets, since dog beds aren't doable, we tried to teach him that those things aren't for eating, but I'm pretty sure he's got "selective hearing". 🤣

I woke up at 5 AM myself, actually. It was more so due to our fur babies, since they HATE thunderstorms, and we happened to have one earlier in the morning. So many pounds of whimpering, shaky fluffballs jumping on the bed/us was an interesting way to start the day. I have a doctors appointment today for a mammogram -- they're not seeing anyone unless emergency, but when I explained what's been going on/what I found during a self-exam, they wanted to see me the next day. I can relate to your middle lol I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, and HATE being alone too, I tend to wake the boyfriend up for a bit until I can ease myself back to sleep. (Thankfully he's very understanding of that). I hope you're able to get some shuteye in though!

Not really sure what her deal was and we never had a good relationship and she always resented me and vice versa. The cat was a stray and not used to people. It probably came from someone's barn nearby and lost it's way. Now give me a kitten and I'll be all over that cuteness!

That's pretty much what goes through my mind. Plus I have 3 kids so it's not just me in the vehicle.

Selective hearing is definitely a thing! They listen when they want to or when they know food or treats is involved. Some places we go for walks in the summer Kai ends up picking up pine needles in his paws and I end up having to dig them out for him. He tolerates it quite well, but then again he's just a calm gentle thing, except when it comes to his ears. We watch for that too with Kai but he's learning some things are not for chewing. Normally he's not destructive in the house, but the yard is a different story because he's mostly unsupervised. He likes to destroy towels though.

Kai doesn't mind thunderstorms and sleeps right through them, or at least he did last summer. Hopefully this summer is the same because once he starts barking it's hard to get him to stop lol. I crashed at 11am and woke up at 4:30pm. After the kids had supper they did some school work. My middle monster is about a week behind right now so I want her to finish up last weeks lessons. Right now she only has to trace her numbers worksheet which has 6, 7 and 8s. She already wrote the numbers 0 - 10 on the blank space which her teacher is requesting a picture of so I can at least send pictures of her work for last week. Slowly catching up!

They're in seedtrays 🙂 indoors so safe from birdies.

Good! Birdies can go eat something else :evil:

I have an avocado in progress right now. :DThere's just something very compelling about sprouting these guys isn't there! They never last that long with me, about 18 months is the longest, it was too ratty-looking by then so I got rid of it. Yesterday I took it out of the soil it was in (there's zero sign of germination yet, only been in there about 2 weeks) and I've tried the baggie method! That's now residing on the windowsill. This method's meant to be quicker? We shall see! I'm hopeful of keeping the plant looking nice for longer too, by cutting it back so it grows stronger, but not so much that it dies which is what I did last time. :whistle:

I ah... Never even got one to sprout... :blush:

I bet they need loads of food once they do sprout and are living in a pot.

3 hours ago, epona1 said:

I ah... Never even got one to sprout... :blush:

I bet they need loads of food once they do sprout and are living in a pot.

Oh noes 😧 I've never had one that didn't. Always using the toothpick and bum in water method. I'm am confident you'll have success eventually. :D

You know, mine might not have been so spindly if I'd feed them. 😳

7 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Selective hearing is definitely a thing!

*snorts*

More recollections of Scamp - picture the scene; the dog is asleep upstairs on your bed and you're in the kitchen, you inadvertently crackle something as you unwrap it and there's a thump overhead, followed by what sounds like someone dropping bowling balls down the stairs - and there he is at your feet, looking expectant... but you try and get his attention whilst in the same room? Good luck with that. 🤣

7 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Not really sure what her deal was and we never had a good relationship and she always resented me and vice versa. The cat was a stray and not used to people. It probably came from someone's barn nearby and lost it's way. Now give me a kitten and I'll be all over that cuteness!

That's pretty much what goes through my mind. Plus I have 3 kids so it's not just me in the vehicle.

Selective hearing is definitely a thing! They listen when they want to or when they know food or treats is involved. Some places we go for walks in the summer Kai ends up picking up pine needles in his paws and I end up having to dig them out for him. He tolerates it quite well, but then again he's just a calm gentle thing, except when it comes to his ears. We watch for that too with Kai but he's learning some things are not for chewing. Normally he's not destructive in the house, but the yard is a different story because he's mostly unsupervised. He likes to destroy towels though.

Kai doesn't mind thunderstorms and sleeps right through them, or at least he did last summer. Hopefully this summer is the same because once he starts barking it's hard to get him to stop lol. I crashed at 11am and woke up at 4:30pm. After the kids had supper they did some school work. My middle monster is about a week behind right now so I want her to finish up last weeks lessons. Right now she only has to trace her numbers worksheet which has 6, 7 and 8s. She already wrote the numbers 0 - 10 on the blank space which her teacher is requesting a picture of so I can at least send pictures of her work for last week. Slowly catching up!

I'm sorry to hear that -- I've had a few "relationships" like that in my family too, despite never doing anything to warrant it. Strays tend to be a lil more hostile, mostly cause environmental factors I would think. We recently adopted two rescues from a shelter, and they're the sweetest lil things ever. They get along well with the pups!

Totally understandable, I have such a complex mindset, that I even pick apart the logic of driving, other drivers, and what can happen. ...Maybe a little too much.  😅

He'll totally listen when there's treats involved -- but he does this cute lil smile when he knows he's being a devious lil thing lol. Ahh lovely pine trees and pine needles -- can't forget the sap which falls into their fur. My boys always end up getting sap in their fur during Spring and Summer, and they'll come in with so much stuck to them cause of it. 😆 They tolerate that cleaning at least, but when it comes to having to get it out of their paws -- we're right back to the no tolerance. Our boys are getting better at not eating anything their nose pokes into at least, and oh boy, the yard is a fun time. My boys like to dig holes sometimes, and depending on the season, it's hard to see 'em -- I've fallen in a few lol. It's an easy fix, but they just love to do that. Kipper doesn't mind towels too much, but he just loves to go for dog beds the most, anything with fluff in it. We tend to catch him before he can eat any, cause he isn't exactly the most quiet. 

It's a hit or miss with the thunderstorms with us, but more times than not, they don't like the loud thunder. We have a calming wrap/shirt we put on them all when they start, it helps with their anxiety. Our boys LOVE to bark, and they don't stop either lol. They're very vocal and friendly, but they tend to prolong that. I ended passing out at some weird time, waking up, passing out again, waking up once more, and repeat. (I sleep horribly). I'm glad your kids are still able to continue their schoolwork from home, and the picture requests for work is a neat idea. I spent a lot of time home-schooled myself, and catching up on missed work from home is undoubtedly easier. 

47 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

More recollections of Scamp - picture the scene; the dog is asleep upstairs on your bed and you're in the kitchen, you inadvertently crackle something as you unwrap it and there's a thump overhead, followed by what sounds like someone dropping bowling balls down the stairs - and there he is at your feet, looking expectant... but you try and get his attention whilst in the same room? Good luck with that. 🤣

🤣 So glad I read this before taking a drink! I don't think my mac would appreciate hot chocolate being splattered all over it. A lot of times, especially when Kai was a bit younger we'd wait until he was outside to get a snack or make food for ourselves between meals. He had a habit of barking and begging for food. I blame my husband, he taught Kai to speak for food and it was downhill from there once he got the taste of people food. Just opening the fridge and rummaging around is enough to make him run into the house and your sneaky attempt has been completely foiled. So now you have to put up with a noisy dog demanding you share with him. Kai doesn't get too much people food, compared to what Mouse got. He just gets the scraps of what the kids don't eat and whatever little miss throws onto the floor for him. He knows to go to her for food if she's eating lol. He's gotten a lot better with food and only if ham is involved will he try to trample you to get the ham. My husband made stew the other day for us and some of the meat chunks weren't that great so he made Kai his own little stew with the scraps. He was stuffed after that and left us alone!

@Ennoshima Dogs are funny! We have 8 - 10 holes in the yard right now from winter that Kai dug. I've managed to fill one in because all the dirt was relatively still there. There's one by our shed that's about as big as Kai when he was more of a puppy. We're thinking he was planning for summer and making himself a pool in the yard. Holes are nothing new to us. Mouse used to dig holes if the sprinkler was on or water was left running in the hose. She was trying to attack the water and a hole was made and a dirty Mouse got to have her favourite thing ever, a bath! I'm hoping that this summer I can stop his digging by frequent exercise and get rid of some of his boredom. It was too cold this winter to go out and play with him much. He obviously didn't care because of his big thick fluffy coat.

Wishing you both luck with your gardening endeavours!!

This weekend since we don't have to get groceries, I'm going to clean out my daughter's room. I recently grounded her and part of her punishment is she loses her Shleichs for a while. She has a few sets that need to be gathered up and put away before she's allowed back in her room to play. After cleaning up, I need to empty out her closet and give my Mr. the job of painting the closet walls and helping me install their closet racks and shelving that's been in the box for like 3 years. We're huge procrastinators LOL! All to get ready for bunk beds that will be coming this summer. We're thinking of getting them a 3-person bunk bed so they can share a room and we have a spot for either their little sister or Grandma when she visits. I want to get their rooms done this summer so I can start working on my classroom in August for the school year, especially if I'll be teaching both kiddos.

@Mouseykins

Gotta love the holes, you either fall over them or into them. 🤣 I don't mind it cause they're just having fun, but my ankles sure do. They love to play in the snow, so they're always getting their "frosty treat" during the winter, they can't really dig in the winter since the ground is frozen.. but once that thaws out, it's game time for them. We've tried to stop their digging, but they will dig up anything, and even around. Love when it rains, or as you mentioned, a sprinkler is running -- dozens of tiny pools for them, (and lots of mud for me to clean up!)

Thank you so much! I love gardening, but was put on hold. Not to bring down the mood -- but my father was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer, and passed recently -- so many things were put off since I took care of him up until the final moment. I'm slowly starting to get back to my old self, and doing things I enjoy, it's what he would of wanted. 🙂

We plan to go out this Friday and stock up the best we can -- we luckily go to a Military base one, and since civilians aren't allowed on due to the Virus, even if their partner is military, it's a bit more stocked up than the public stores. We have been doing public, but have been noticing it's a bit hard to buy what we need, so we'll be making the drive to our Military one to ensure we've got what we need for the month. We recently had to clean out some rooms here, we had a lot of stuff piled up, we're also HUGE procrastinators lol. The boyfriend usually paints, as I'm only 4 foot and 11 inches, so I can barely reach anything, and I'm rather clumsy anyway. 🤭 I love the idea of having a classroom in the house, I've always felt having set rooms for certain things help you liven the experience, and I also feel it helps you do what you're set out to do more/better mentally! I wish you all luck with the upcoming months, I know it has to be quite hectic.

So glad I read this before taking a drink! I don't think my mac would appreciate hot chocolate being splattered all over it.

🤭🤭🤭

Yeah computers are really unappreciative of beverage sharing, aren't they! I discovered that with a glass of wine years ago. 😅

Interesting with the hole-digging! Having lived with that jack russell and a husky for 4 years and neither of them was a digger I think I got off lightly! Well, the husky used to dig but only with his NOSE! Wat?? 😆 He'd come in with a pile of dirt on the top of his snout and then try to look like he didn't know what we were talking about when we said "you've been digging again, haven't you!" xD

I wonder what husky tendency that is... I mean when he got back in from a walk he'd ALWAYS put his foot into the water dish several times before drinking. Yum yum muddy water! Also no no muddy kitchen floor. >_< Figured that out though; a husky's natural environment being the frozen north and all that, they'll need to break ice on the surface of water before they can drink a lot of the time. But rooting in the dirt with your nose, but not digging with your paws? What's all that about!? 🤔

1 hour ago, epona1 said:

haha! Thank you. I'm on the second stage now... Will report back in 2-3 weeks. I have a tiny blood orange that will eat the soil, as in the soil will disappear, if I don't feed it. 😳🤯

😮 It's a dirt vampire!?! I've grown numerous citrus from pips, but they always get infested with scale 😞

My avo in its bag is nicely condensed up there on the window ledge, so it's not drying out, let's just hope it's not preparing to rot instead. 😅

@Ennoshima you're not bringing down the mood, please don't be afraid of that. You're going to help yourself deal with your grief with being able to get back into doing what you love though, and you're absolutely right that it's what he would have wanted.