How are you spending your time during quarantine?

Hanso

@jellysundae I definitely think it would be worthwhile calling customer service of your supermarket and telling them your situation. I'd call the higher-up customer service though, like corporate as they may even be able to get you in for a delivery slot again. I know here (Aus), they've cancelled all home deliveries for the time being and are redirecting their services to people who actually can't leave the house very easily, or are fully quarantined, and you can apply to receive home delivery.

It may also be worth looking about online or on fb if you use that, for people who will pick up groceries for you. I know there's a bunch of those neighbourhood cards going around where someone near you can pick things up and bring them to your house for you. 

@jellysundae I hope you're able to contact someone and get a slot for your groceries. Being in that predicament is not fun, and the not knowing part can really take its toll. As for my KGner and my Gr3 girl it's not a matter of getting them to do things together. My oldest, K, she gets insanely mad when her sisters so much as sit beside her and do their own thing while I'm teaching her. She will honestly flip out and lose it on her sisters. I usually have to separate them with different things to do which makes it more challenging to get K to do her schoolwork because she'd rather go join her sisters. With my KGner, A, doing schoolwork now I want to try and get them working at the table together and then they can take a break when they're done their lesson.K just stalls and procrastinates, A just gives it her all until she gets bored and wants to do something else. For my now 3-year-old I ordered her a learning desk that she can learn on while her sisters are working on their studies so she is out of the way and occupied. It's scheduled to be here on the 26th.

I think I lost the battle with my in-laws. Seems like they're still planning on coming for a visit sometime in the near future. I'm like did you not listen to a word I said yesterday. My MIL even said to my husband while they were talking yesterday that she doesn't know when they'll come for a visit because they don't want to bring diseases to our house because she doesn't think I will like that. I think my husband ruffled her feathers when they were talking yesterday and she made that comment. Now today totally different. But then again I was on the phone with her and she won't confront me with things.🤦‍♀️

I'm not giving up with them though. I going to keep reiterating that they should stay put. If anything I can send my Mr. out with the computer and the internet hub to get them connected and I can walk them through how to use their computer over the phone then they can FaceTime with the girls and keep in touch better while we're isolated.

This afternoon I got a text message from my brother-in-law. He thought he was texting his brother, my Mr. But he got me so we chatted for a few minutes. We haven't heard anything from them since late summer.

Little One's birthday was today and to celebrate she got to talk to Grandma and Grandpa on the phone which is exciting! She's never done that before. She'd always just grab the phone and run off with it and not say a word. A couple weeks ago I was talking to Dad and Little One comes over and yells "Hi Dad" into the phone. So I put it on speaker for her to talk to her daddy for a few minutes. For a treat I took out a cinnamon coffee cake that was in the freezer and the girls each had a small slice of it with some strawberry ripple ice cream. It's been a good day for her! Wednesday we're planning on celebrating both their birthdays and making an Olaf inspired cake. I'll post a pic after when it's made

7 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

My oldest, K, she gets insanely mad when her sisters so much as sit beside her and do their own thing while I'm teaching her. She will honestly flip out and lose it on her sisters.

Wow, have you figured out why she does that? You have some, er,  interesting times ahead, hopefully there's plenty of great family moments too, to offset the screaming!

You know, this thread would be a perfect place for you to share some floofball pics. 😏 Kai (yay at me remembering his name!) is definitely partly how you're spending your time. 😁

Hope you can sort the in-laws issue out without too much upset.  😧 I was afraid of a similar kind of issue here, but it hasn't happened. See it's Mother's Day today here in the UK, usually my sis and her BF would come up, pick me up and we'd spend the day with mum, but this year we're all staying put.  They both work in busy office environments, and while they're both working from home now they're far more likely to be infectious than either Mum or myself, and as we're both in the at risk category it seemed foolish to positively invite trouble by getting together at this point. I had a conversation with mum about it a few days ago and she agreed that it would be better not to. I was afraid she might get her feelings hurt, but thankfully she's too pragmatic about things to make it all about her.

I am back!!!!!! Sorry for the silence. They didn't do a lockdown but I was so busy doing the Daily Faerie Quest I forgot to stop by here and let y'all know. I hope y'all have been doing well and that y'all are all healthy and mostly sane during this time of quarantine. 😁👍

On 3/21/2020 at 10:32 PM, jellysundae said:

I am looking at shopping trolleys on ebay right now - I want a cute one :3

Of course you do! :biggrin:

Keep in mind that there are delays in the shipping times though, especially if it's coming from abroad. 

31 minutes ago, epona1 said:

Of course you do! :biggrin:

Keep in mind that there are delays in the shipping times though, especially if it's coming from abroad. 

I made a point of buying from a UK seller for that exact reason, lol, it's on its way. 😊

I got myself round to the supermarket yesterday, and asks some questions while I was there. My card that gives details about my meds IS enough to gain me access during the hour set aside for the elderly and vulnerable. BUT, yep, there's one of them! The lady I spoke to said it was complete bedlam, the store was absolutely jam-packed, so not the best place to be for someone being advised to stringently socially distance themselves. 😅

I did a slow tour of most the shelves; no loo roll, ofc, no pasta other than one box half-full of packs of spaghetti, and 2 small bags of red lentil fusilli - one of which I bought because that's the pasta I get - I didn't manage to check on the flour, even thought the shelves are all half-empty and there was hardly any people a supermarket visit is still mentally overloading for me and I didn't manage to remember about that until I got home, doh! But I got myself out, and I got some teabags, so I'm pleased with myself about that.

I had a 😨 moment yesterday when I realised the set up for the delivery of my meds likely no longer exists. They come by courier, this worked fine until the company stopped letting the drivers contact people by phone and that's 100% necessary where I live as there's no doorbell/entry phone set-up here. So I started getting them delivered to the bakery downstairs (and then wished I'd done that all along as it's so much more convenient!) But all pubs, restaurants and cafes closed on Friday, and the bakery is a cafe too... looking out of my windows I can see they're not open as their sandwich board isn't outside and the big shutters on the side window are locked, so gotta find somewhere else! I'm gonna try Boots; it's just a couple of minutes walk up the road and a big chain pharmacy is hopefully gonna be a safe option, and remain one too. But now I need to get myself up there as I can't get through on the phone, so waiting for my brain to catch up with what I need to be doing. 🥴

@jellysundae I hope everything will work out for you with your meds! That's really important!

For me, since no training is allowed I cleaned up a bit outside and made myself a tiny dojo at home:

image.png

At least, when the weather is fine like it is this week, I can do a few exercises on my own. 

😑 I spoke too soon yesterday. The Governor has decided to enact a thing "Advising" people to stay home and not go visiting. People were going fishing instead of staying home so now this will happen. *Insert angry sounds and yelling here* I went ahead and put my neopets in the Neolodge so I wouldn't have to worry about them. I may be able to keep coming to my uncle's house but I am not sure. Here's hoping this will pass quickly and go away! 

2 hours ago, Duma said:

I hope everything will work out for you with your meds! That's really important!

It's in the works...

I went over to Boots and explained the situation and they're cool with. Though it's the first time they've had to deal with anything like this. Then I rang Alcura - the company that does the distributing; this is some healthcare company that gets the prescriptions from the hospital, then delivers them via a 3rd party courier, so convoluted! Seems because Boots is a pharmacy they need to give written permission for meds to be delivered there, I didn't know that.

So I wrote the email address down that she quoted to me over the phone, and back over to Boots I went. They were about to close but I saw the lady I spoke to earlier and explained and now I just have to wait. If I didn't flub writing down the email, and the lady in Boots gets it sent off, I'll hear from Alcura again to re-arrange delivers. 🥴

Did get some actual sun on my face while I was waiting outside Boots to be allowed in though, which was nice. :D

@jellysundae So sorry to hear that with the delivery problems. I think I'm probably having a bit of a similar problem of my own. Being the child of immigrant parents, I have a very different palate than them (Westernized). My mom is the one doing grocery runs but she doesn't  quite know the western food I like. I've been trying for over a week now to put my Amazon Fresh order down but it won't let me as there are no delivery slots. Being partially blind and visually impaired now this is the much easier option than going to the store with my mom (and she is refusing). I mean, that isn't the only reason I want to go with her, Asian Americans are getting racist attacks, and I don't think people usually want to mess with cane girl as I have a weapon in hand, despite not being able to see too well (the canes been a good social distancing tool too). 😅 But still my mom insists I don't follow because I'll slow her down. It's really sad what it's become, as a Chinese American, I've been keeping an electric stun weapon in my pocket in case some racist tried something. I used to feel pretty safe in California, but not currently...

Boris has locked us all down now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52012432

Let's see how long it takes idiots to start rebelling and causing trouble.

I haven't heard back about my meds yet, I'll leave it for tomorrow and try again on Wednesday if I've heard nothing. I've got just under 3 weeks worth of tablets so I'm not worried about running out.

@jellysundae Luckily I already picked up my meds at the pharmacy for this month. so no more trips to the pharmacy. Although, my mom says when she went to go get some distilled water for my dad's CPAP machine, the pharmacy was almost empty.

I think it's a matter of time before people get rebellious. At least here in California (or the rest of the US) there are still quite a lot of people not heeding the lockdowns and going holidaying. In fact here in the SF Bay Area, they had to shut down Point Reyes National Seashore today because people flooded the area over the weekend. So far none of the state owned beaches has done anything and people are holidaying there. ☹️ 

I've heard stuff from our relatives/close friends in China. It's very scary, and even scarier people aren't taking the lockdowns/quarantines seriously. Many extended families have already died because of this.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, jellysundae said:

Wow, have you figured out why she does that? You have some, er,  interesting times ahead, hopefully there's plenty of great family moments too, to offset the screaming!

You know, this thread would be a perfect place for you to share some floofball pics. 😏 Kai (yay at me remembering his name!) is definitely partly how you're spending your time. 😁

Hope you can sort the in-laws issue out without too much upset.  😧 I was afraid of a similar kind of issue here, but it hasn't happened. See it's Mother's Day today here in the UK, usually my sis and her BF would come up, pick me up and we'd spend the day with mum, but this year we're all staying put.  They both work in busy office environments, and while they're both working from home now they're far more likely to be infectious than either Mum or myself, and as we're both in the at risk category it seemed foolish to positively invite trouble by getting together at this point. I had a conversation with mum about it a few days ago and she agreed that it would be better not to. I was afraid she might get her feelings hurt, but thankfully she's too pragmatic about things to make it all about her.

I'm not sure why K behaves like that. I think it might have to do with a bit of jealousy because her sister is doing better in KG than she did. I also think K may have a learning disability that's making things difficult for her. I was going to try and get her assessed but things happened and I wasn't able to and now we're dealing with this virus so it's put on hold for a while longer. If it works better for K I may teach them both separately instead of together so she's less stressed. I've noticed with A, my KGner, she doesn't like to color on assignments. She avoids it!

I hope I can convince them to stay home too without ruffling any feathers. I'm glad you worked out your situation with your Mom and family for Mother's Day. No need to put you both at risk. You can always celebrate at a later date when this virus mess is all worked out.

I will definitely upload a picture of my fuzz-wuzz. My husband is online gaming right now and uploading a picture will kick him out of his game. So I will do that later when he's finished. I found one I posted to Discord recently!

I hope you're able to get the issue with your meds sorted out! My husband was supposed to call the insurance company today and I don't think he did so I'll have to remind him tomorrow. I need him to find out how his coverage will be impacted by the isolation measures being taken.

@Duma That looks lovely! A good way for you to get some exercise and fresh air at the same time. When it warms up more here I plan on sending the kids outside to play for a bit since our yard is fenced in and they're isolated.

A picture of Kai is in the spoiler so it doesn't hog a bunch of space! He's shedding so much right now that I need to do the floors almost every day, though that doesn't happen lol.

20200303_162501.jpg

This is my Kai! For those of you who don't know, he's a Great Pyrenees! Kai is about 11 months old now and is tall enough to rest his nose on my desk and our kitchen table. He's an absolute delight to our family and never a dull moment with him around.

Edit: Funny thing happened tonight. Both K's sisters were asleep so I had K working on the rest of her health assignment from today. A wakes up halfway through it and comes over to do schoolwork. A is working on finishing her phonics workbooks her teacher sent home after they moved onto a new lesson. Some pages weren't completed either due to not enough time in class or A was absent. I always tell A to take her time even when she's in class there's no need to rush. It can always be sent home and completed. Both girls were able to do their work side by side without any fits. I was even able to help A read a small reader while K finished writing her few sentences. The second reader A didn't finish because she wanted to take a break and go play with her sister. I call this a win! Now to get them ready for bed when it is way, way past bedtime.

11 hours ago, sunny098 said:

In fact here in the SF Bay Area, they had to shut down Point Reyes National Seashore today because people flooded the area over the weekend. So far none of the state owned beaches has done anything and people are holidaying there. ☹️

Same here! beaches and state parks were packed this weekend.🤦‍♀️ And on the street and in shops it's really hard to stay 1,5m away from people when it seems like I'm the only one who carries out that rule... I think my country will be next to enforce a lockdown.

Same here too with the packed beaches and parks over the weekend!

Global idiocy abounds. -____-

I have just received a text from the government telling me to stay inside!. I didn't know Boris had my number. 😜 I don't think it's some Big brother thing they've done though, not for me at least, lol. They already had my number through the Job Centre/benefits stuff.

In my town people are behaving themselves. It's like 6am Sunday morning out there. Earlier there was a well-spaced queue to get into Boots for prescriptions pick-up. Someone from a bakery was going along the queue giving out bags of bread rolls to people, didn't seem to be taking any money for them. No idea where they came from either as everywhere is shut, it was a nice thing to see though.  :D

@Mouseykins That's interesting about the colouring avaoidance! You'll be getting a broader view of your girls' behaviour traits now, won't you, stuff you'd not have seen previously.

Fantastic about yesterday's side-by-side learning break-through! Problems aren't gonna be something that happens every time then, that must be a big weight off your mind. Fingers crossed for the future! 🤞

Hello Kai! 👋 Looking huge now ofc compared to how he was when we last saw him, but is he still gonna grow a bit more yet?

I have no idea if people are behaving themselves in my small town. I haven't ventured out in a week now. I sent my husband to the post office today and he went to the grocery store. A math book I ordered for A is in along with Little Monsters' birthday present. Apparently, town looked quiet with not many people out and about so it looks like people may be following the social distancing measures. My biggest problem right now with people is the fact that they're buying up all the essential goods. Even our small town store is seeing people being stupid. We're pretty well stocked on everything except for milk. We rely quite heavily on our local grocery store for milk so that we don't have to make the 40 minute drive to a small nearby city where there's a Walmart. The regular homogonized milk was at the store thankfully! However, my youngest drinks the Fairlife milk that's ultrafiltered and lactose free. There was none of her milk in the cooler. Another similar brand was there so at least my husband was able to get her some milk. She used to drink the regular milk before we switched. Since we switched we've noticed if we give her the regular milk it upsets her digestion. If necessary, we may need to switch her back and in time her digestive system will adjust. In our little city milk was well stocked when we went shopping. It was just the bread, bathroom tissue, hand sanitizer, and certain cleaning products that were gone. I don't understand people and how they have to panic buy and not leave anything for anyone else.

The colouring avoidance is only when it's on an assignment and I'm telling her she needs to color something. If any of her school work from her teacher involves colouring I'll have to give her an incentive like "if you color it really nice your teacher will love it". A loves her teacher so I think that may work. We'll see though. I don't know what was up with them last night. They were able to work side by side, but when a movie was put on for bedtime, Frozen 2, they had to argue about who got to sit in the rocking chair and I got to the point of shutting it off until they got their acts together. Anything that involves music for some reason they have to rock in the rocking chair to the music. They can't just sit there and enjoy it. The rocking chair is only big enough for two of them. Little Monster used to be able to fit between them but she's gotten bigger. Usually they're nice to their littlest sister and let her have the chair, but not last night lol. Tonight trying to get them to do schoolwork side-by-side didn't work. I had to work with them separately.

He is huge now! Probably weighs 110lbs. I could be way off with that number as I can't take him to the vet for a weight check and we don't have a scale big enough for his bum to sit on. Our vet is still open like normal, but Kai is healthy and we don't need anything so there's no sense taking him there. Plus I don't think he'll fit in the back seat of the truck. We usually take him with the van, but it's snowed in at the moment. Our snowblower decided to not work when we had a huge snow dump. Our truck is a 4x4 so the snow isn't a problem for it. There was just way too much snow to shovel, so we just left it. Kai won't stop growing until he's about 3 years old. Right now he's getting most of his size and he'll fill out more and possibly get a bit taller than he is now. The fuzzy goofball has destroyed our yard! He's got holes everywhere and the trash I've picked up and bagged from the yard, he ends up destroying the bag and dragging everything around again making a huge mess. Kai sleeps downstairs in front of our front door where it's cooler for him so when I get up he's all over me. It's like I just got home and he missed me. He knows he's allowed to come lay on the bed with us anytime, but he hangs out by the door instead. With his thick plush coat I don't really blame him

I can`t be in quarantine because I work at a grocery store and have to work every day as long as I am healthy. I`m not happy at my job, but I am honestly glad that I have a safe job that won`t shut down due to losing business, and I`m glad for the fact that I can keep earning money as normal. I can`t afford to lose weeks of pay as I manage loans on a car and a house by myself.
Anyway, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy - I make sure to wash my hands often and avoid physical contact, which seems to have helped so far. 🙂

I'm a doctor and I'm at the hospital daily .. nothing changed really .. but number of "normal" patients have decreased due to people being afraid of visiting hospitals , although there is no Covid-19 unit where i work ... they get sent somewhere else ... but anyone who is suffering from the slightest respiratory symptoms is coming in for x-ray / scans .. 

in my region there are no reported confirmed cases so far .. but in the capital Beirut and regions closer to it there are about 300 confirmed cases , most came from abroad (they were in Iran , UK & Italy) .. which is still considered low-to-medium .. the numbers are rising but thankfully not exponentially so far .. people are mostly abiding with self-quarantine and almost everything is closed .. Grocery stores put plastic gloves and hand sanitizers for people entering them .. no panic buying but rice , fruits and veggie prices are doubled / tripled .. surgical masks , gloves , and cleaning products too .. people have no money to hoard items anyway ... especially that we have a massive economic crisis since last September .. protests were still going on until the first case of Covid-19 was confirmed .. so now the government is happy and relieved ... the banks are closed , happy and relieved as well ... 

Praying this will be over soon 

Stay safe , world ❤️ 

@Angeló I wondered myself what impact the virus is having on radiology. I've got an MRI on Sunday and I've been semi-expecting it to get cancelled, but then I missed the initial appointment on the 15th and they automatically sent a letter out the next day for a new one which just isn't how they do things here; if you miss an appointment it's generally down to you to contact them and reschedule. But when I spoke to the MS coordinator she said so many people are just not turning up because they're staying away from hospitals right now that maybe things have changed a little.

Shops are being more stringent here now, limiting the amount of people entering - there's generally a "greeter" at the door, supermarkets are providing means to wipe down your basket/trolley, no-one wants to take your cash - contactless plz! The limit for that has been increased for £30 to £45.

City-dwellers with second homes in the country are being told to NOT go to them because of the risk of them bringing the virus into a previously clear area.

I wonder how long things can remain civil. Sooner or later the kind of people who like to spout about fascists etc. aren't going to be able to tolerate this kind of lockdown without kicking up a stink. 😓

Right now in the UK it's lovely weather which is helping with people keeping happy. Though that's brought its own problems with some people ignoring the social distancing rules. Well, to be fair that was last weekend when they were still being couched as guidelines, NOW no more than 2 people gathering together unless you live in the same house, and the police can and will disband you.

I'm hoping a lot of people will turn to gardening as a means of both therapy and food production during this. So many UK back gardens are just lawn and that's it. What the builder laid once the house was built. At least some people will see the wisdom in putting in veg plots during this crisis, and some will stick with it afterwards. 🙂

@jellysundae My husband is also waiting on an MRI. We haven't heard anything so we're not sure what's going on with that. He's on long-term disability because he injured his hand at home last year in January. He's developed complications with the healing and needs to see a hand specialist to either do a small procedure or go in for actual surgery. No idea if and when that's going to happen. His LTD runs out in June next year. There's so much to do in that time frame!

Today watching TV and the news programs I'm seeing a lot of ads saying for elderly folks not to go visit their kids and grand-kids so hopefully I can use that with my in-laws and convince them to stay home.

Hopefully the nice weather will help people get through this difficult time without causing too much of an uproar. Gardening is a nice idea to start. We're getting close to our growing season here so I'm sure a lot of people will be doing that. I won't be one of them because I have a 4-legged excavator ravaging my yard. In my flower bed I have three groups of a poisonous flower called monkshood or wolfsbane. I'm pulling it out ASAP for the safety of Sir Kai Bosh and my youngest who will probably be running around the yard more this summer. When it was planted I didn't know it was poisonous. I got it from my MIL. She pulled up all of hers I think but I left mine since it wasn't hurting anyone and my kids were old enough not to go into the flower bed. Kai is not that smart lol! In a couple of my flower pots I may plant some herbs, but we'll see.

Today is birthday cake and presents for my two kiddos! I'm making a marbled rectangular cake decorated to look like Olaf from Frozen. 😃

On 3/25/2020 at 6:16 PM, Angeló said:

Stay safe , world ❤️ 

Stay safe, Big Bro ❤️ 

Meanwhile, we got an annoying Amber Alert text to yell at us to Stay-at-Home! My mom was going to see her family physician (she has a wound on her ankle that won't heal & keeps bleeding/oozing through her sock) but when she wanted to just send them a picture through a virtual medical chat portal, her doctor insisted that she come in for an examination. But driving to the appointment, she got that annoying text & reading the part about "violators will be fined and/or  including 180 days of jail time" and called her doctor to reschedule it to tomorrow (Sat.) that there might be a slow down but we got 19 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, bringing my county, Harris, to 135 confirmed cases with only 13 ppl having recovered from this virus and 1 death from the virus. Harris is in the Northwest corner of Houston and the whole of Houston has surpassed 400 cases. 😞

Trying to stay positive & now the battle begins with my dad. :medieval: He went to work on Monday & opened up his email to read that his company ordered everyone NOT to come into work but to work from home as much as can be done. 🤔 He wants me to go to Jumma' prayer with him this afternoon, while our Masjid is small and only about 20 men show up for Friday prayers, it isn't following the Stay-at-Home Orders. 🤨 Why can't he be like mom and try to be more cautious? He is the one with the compromised immune system. (He is in remission from bladder cancer). *sigh* This is my teenage life, don't go outside to play basketball-get inside and play video games! Who knew?

Take care everyone. Peace be with you all.

I checked the post today and there were two letters from the hospital; there's me fervently hoping they were cancelling my MRI but no, just copies of stuff from the neurologist to my local surgery and the MS nurse, boo!

I got out to the supermarket today to collect the wheeled shopping trolley I bought on Ebay, they kindly unpacked and assembled it for me and I took it on its maiden voyage bringing some groceries home. Still an exhausting experience - towing the trolley gave me the same nerve fatigue issues that I have if I try to carry anything; basically it feels like my bones have turned to lead and my already compromised balance/stability becomes much worse, but I managed it and can do it again. 💪 what was in the trolley was WAY more than I'd have been able to carry, for the same level of physical issues, and, importantly, because I wasn't actually carrying anything it didn't just get worse and worse during the walk home as it does it I am. So VERY glad I bought this trolley! :D

I made it slowly around all the store. Still no loo roll, tissues or kitchen towel. No bleach/anti-bac wipes, no tinned tomatoes, barely any pasta. But plenty of bread and milk, and the fruit and veg was fully stocked too. So at least some stabilising is happening. This was at 3 o'clock in the afternoon too. No doubt the shelves are all full at 8am, but I've no intention of going there then. I don't fancy standing out in the car park at the end of a massive well-spaced-out queue for hours while they slowly let people in. 😅 I had to queue this afternoon but only for 5 minutes or so.

3 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

He wants me to go to Jumma' prayer with him this afternoon, while our Masjid is small and only about 20 men show up for Friday prayers, it isn't following the Stay-at-Home Orders.

Going to the mosque / church is not a good idea these days .. better pray at home

23 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Stay safe, Big Bro ❤️ 

Meanwhile, we got an annoying Amber Alert text to yell at us to Stay-at-Home! My mom was going to see her family physician (she has a wound on her ankle that won't heal & keeps bleeding/oozing through her sock) but when she wanted to just send them a picture through a virtual medical chat portal, her doctor insisted that she come in for an examination. But driving to the appointment, she got that annoying text & reading the part about "violators will be fined and/or  including 180 days of jail time" and called her doctor to reschedule it to tomorrow (Sat.) that there might be a slow down but we got 19 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, bringing my county, Harris, to 135 confirmed cases with only 13 ppl having recovered from this virus and 1 death from the virus. Harris is in the Northwest corner of Houston and the whole of Houston has surpassed 400 cases. 😞

Trying to stay positive & now the battle begins with my dad. :medieval: He went to work on Monday & opened up his email to read that his company ordered everyone NOT to come into work but to work from home as much as can be done. 🤔 He wants me to go to Jumma' prayer with him this afternoon, while our Masjid is small and only about 20 men show up for Friday prayers, it isn't following the Stay-at-Home Orders. 🤨 Why can't he be like mom and try to be more cautious? He is the one with the compromised immune system. (He is in remission from bladder cancer). *sigh* This is my teenage life, don't go outside to play basketball-get inside and play video games! Who knew?

Take care everyone. Peace be with you all.

That's one way to use the emergency alert system. I'm sorry your mom had to postpone her appointment. I hope she gets her sore looked at and taken care of properly. Because it's not healing there's a chance she'll need antibiotics. In the meantime I would just treat it with whatever first aid supplies you have at home. She could use peroxide to help bring out the infection, but that may sting depending on how open the wound is. Tea Tree Oil is also a good antiseptic too. Might be a good idea to consult with her doctor first before applying anything like peroxide though. Wishing your mom a speedy healing process!

Some people are not understanding the "stay home" message being shoved into our faces at every turn. It's rather annoying. My in-laws are one of them. Hopefully you'll have better luck convincing your dad to stay home than I'm having with my in-laws.

I know for a fact I'm going to ruffle some feathers when I refuse to let them come out. They're planning to come out around Easter or just afterwards because the weather will be nice then. After telling them numerous times that it's for their own good they stay home as much as possible, they don't seem to be listening. They're both elderly folks with health issues, so you'd think they'd be a little bit more cautious. They don't even seem to understand how some businesses are closed. My husband had to explain to his dad that the Honda dealer is closed because of the virus until April 7th (or something) and another Honda dealer is open, but not to the public so they'll have to send the part out he needs for the quad by courier. I guess the quad's starter switch has been buggered up for a year and dad waits until now to say something. Now my husband may have to go out there and change the part for him when it comes in if the regular mechanic guy they get to do things around their place doesn't want to come out. Parents are frustrating!

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I checked the post today and there were two letters from the hospital; there's me fervently hoping they were cancelling my MRI but no, just copies of stuff from the neurologist to my local surgery and the MS nurse, boo!

I get out to the supermarket today to collect the wheeled shopping trolley I bought on Ebay, they kindly unpacked and assembled it for me and I took it on its maiden voyage bringing some groceries home. Still an exhausting experience - towing the trolley gave me the same nerve fatigue issues that I have if I try to carry anything; basically it feels like my bones have turned to lead and my already compromised balance/stability becomes much worse, but I managed it and can do it again. 💪 what was in the trolley was WAY more than I'd have been able to carry, for the same level of physical issues, and, importantly, because I wasn't actually carrying anything it didn't just get worse and worse during the walk home as it does it I am. So VERY glad I bought this trolley! :D

I made it slowly around all the store. Still no loo roll, tissues or kitchen towel. No bleach/anti-bac wipes, no tinned tomatoes, barely any pasta. But plenty of bread and milk, and the fruit and veg was fully stocked too. So at least some stabilising is happening. This was at 3 o'clock in the afternoon too. No doubt the shelves are all full at 8am, but I've no intention of going there then. I don't fancy standing out in the car park at the end of a massive well-spaced-out queue for hours while they slowly let people in. 😅 I had to queue this afternoon but only for 5 minutes or so.

We got a health update yesterday and it looks like anyone scheduled for an MRI will still receive one so hopefully my Mr. is on that list!

I'm so glad you got your trolley and that it helped out! That was so nice of them to even assemble it for you to.

I'm glad when we went shopping I was able to get a pack of paper towels! We go through a fair bit for cleaning. I bought 2 large tubs of lysol wipes several months ago and am down to my last one that was just opened not too long ago so we're stocked on cleaning and disinfecting supplies. With kids around I tend to stock up on those things before we run out and before we actually need them. Our grocery store in town put up plexi-glass shields for the cashiers and they also have the floor marked for where you can stand. Almost everything here is starting to be replenished. I'm not sure of the bathroom tissue problem. But food stuffs are being replenished. My husband was able tog et two boxes of chicken strips for the kiddos yesterday and two pizzas for us. There was still no Fairlife milk, so we're starting to think it may have gotten held up at the border since it's made in the US. Little One will just have to make do with what we can get her. The other brand is still on the shelves at least.

Here in Alberta they've limited social gatherings from 50 to 15 people now.

Yesterday I touched base with two friends who have kids my girls' age. Both families are doing good. The kids are going a bit stir crazy though.

Yesterday we did presents and cake. The youngest got an interactive learning desk that she just loves. She also got a singing Anna doll from Frozen 2 that she loves the most. Her other gifts included a set of 9 matchbox cars, her own set of small metal spoons (she chewed all her plastic ones and Kai helped), and a Frozen 2 travel cup. Middle monster got a singing Elsa doll from Frozen 2 and a set of 9 matchbox cars too. They both got a package of 60 Chupa Chups lolipops to share. Elsa and Anna were by far the biggest hit! We had to listen to both their songs all afternoon until bedtime. I had to hide Anna from the little one to get her to put it down so I could get her to sleep.

Without further ado, here's their cake:

20200327_233847.jpg

20200328_000426.jpg

On 3/28/2020 at 3:42 PM, Mouseykins said:

Here in Alberta they've limited social gatherings from 50 to 15 people now.

That is insane. 😨 I hope they drop that right down, really quickly!

You in-laws... 😞 So many older people seem to be being seriously obtuse about this situation, almost as bad as the stupid college kids, I just don't get it!

That cake is aborable! And looks enormous! Are his arms etc. crushed Oreos? I though cocoa powder initially but swiftly realised young kids wouldn't appreciate that! 😅