NC trading question

So I attempted my first NC trade earlier this morning. Everything seems to be going well. So my question is. If you send your items first, which I did. I offered to.  How long is it customary to wait to receive your items, before you go into panic mode. I don't want to have a melt down over a few hours waiting. So thoughts? Just kind of getting ideas, and picking brains at the moment.

The main reason I asked was because I sent their items at 10:49am NST and it's now 6:54Pm. NST and I feel that's a tad long time to wait, but they did say in their original message that it might take them a few to reply, and offered to send first, but I said that it was ok, and I sent the items first instead to be courteous since I was the one who initiated contact. Maybe I'm just paranoid, and I wanted to talk to someone else about this for a peace of mind sort of thing, lol.

ah okay. if they said they'd be a while, they might just be asleep/at work or something. i wouldn't stress too much. however if they don't post it within 24 hours i'd definitely follow up with them! they probably should have sent it already though, especially if they offered earlier.

Generally people are very quick about it. don't feel too obliged to send first if you've initiated, it's usually more of a we send it at the same time sort of deal, and then whoever initiated opens first (but that's flexible too). 

Good news, everything is fine, it all worked out in the end. We traded items, and I got my stuff, they got theirs. We good I even friended them in case we want to ever trade again. So whew I'm glad that it worked, and now my Krawk looks so dapper and suave I love it.