New to TDN Old to NP

Hello, I'm Ceddy Bear, and I'm an old neopets player returning after a long time, but I'm new to this site. It's so nice to see people still playing this. Neopet's was such a big part of my childhood, and to see it still going all these years later really makes me happy.

Welcome to the forum Ceddy Bear! It's nice to see players return to Neopets. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

1 hour ago, ClockNotWork said:

I also noticed that I am way better at Neopets now as an adult than I was in middle school. XD

Hahaha, I think that's a statement SO many can relate to xD

The amount of clueless bumbling the younger Neopian did is only ever evident in hindsight. 🤣

2 hours ago, ClockNotWork said:

It really is. It also brings back a lot of old memories. I also noticed that I am way better at Neopets now as an adult than I was in middle school. XD

Welcome! And same here! I had no idea what I was doing on Neo when I started out. (It probably didn't help that the site didn't exist in Dutch yet, and I was still learning English. XD)

Btw, great pets! And the name of your Hissi is definitely German, not Dutch. :smile: (I'd have expected it to be Sonnenblume though, but apparently bluete also means flower in German.)

Hello Ceddy Bear! Welcome to TDN!

3 hours ago, ClockNotWork said:

I also noticed that I am way better at Neopets now as an adult than I was in middle school. XD

That's a pretty common statement between returning players :laugh:

If you need any help or guidance, feel free to ask! TDN has a great community! 

7 hours ago, Nielo said:

Welcome! And same here! I had no idea what I was doing on Neo when I started out. (It probably didn't help that the site didn't exist in Dutch yet, and I was still learning English. XD)

Btw, great pets! And the name of your Hissi is definitely German, not Dutch. :smile: (I'd have expected it to be Sonnenblume though, but apparently bluete also means flower in German.)

Omg, thank you so much! You confirmed my thoughts, I didn't 100% get a chance to research it, but with my limited language skills I figured out the name of my Fav Hissi and I was beyond happy when I learned what it meant. The reason I semi knew what it meant was the song Sonne by Rammstien which means Sun so I put two and two together. 

So far everyone has been so nice here. I'm really glad that I signed up, and I think too being older now playing neopets I understand a lot more about what's going on. Also I'm a million times better at saving my np's than before. -sweat drop-

On 3/15/2020 at 12:07 AM, ClockNotWork said:

Omg, thank you so much! You confirmed my thoughts, I didn't 100% get a chance to research it, but with my limited language skills I figured out the name of my Fav Hissi and I was beyond happy when I learned what it meant. The reason I semi knew what it meant was the song Sonne by Rammstien which means Sun so I put two and two together. 

So far everyone has been so nice here. I'm really glad that I signed up, and I think too being older now playing neopets I understand a lot more about what's going on. Also I'm a million times better at saving my np's than before. -sweat drop-

You're welcome. :smile:

Haha, that's good. And things like Trudy's Surprise make it easier than ever to get NPs in the first place, so you should be able to save up quite a bit, if you wish. 😁