Enter the Runway #97!

Nielo

If you're new to the contest, or simply want a reminder of the (updated!) rules, they can be found right here. If you want to send me a screenshot of your entry, but don't know how, check out this guide.

Current theme: TCG
Description: Base your customisation on a TCG Card (and please provide the title of (or link to) the card).
Entering period: Monday, February 24 - Sunday, March 1
Voting period: Monday, March 2 - Sunday, March 8

If you have any questions about this round, or the Runway in general, just post them here, or send me a message. :smile: 

***We are approaching the 100th round of The Runway, but I'm having trouble to think of a fitting theme for such a milestone round, so iIf you have any suggestions, please let me know! You could message me, but you can also post them here and discuss them with others, if you'd like. :smile: ***

10 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Do we need to use this item "Trading Card Game Frame" with our entry ? or is it optional ?

image.png.ad96714da718754c3069dcf53872da9a.png

Hmm, good question! I'm going to go with: probably a good idea to use it, but not mandatory. If you think you can successfully recreate the image of a TCG card without the frame, then you don't have to use it.

If you want to get a proper look at the image on the cards, you can (for some of them) use the image search function at Dr Sloths Image Emporium. The link below shows you the artwork/images for the Battle for Meridell set, and you can choose a different one from the drop-down menu, just click the ones that say Trading Card Art. It makes it much easier to see the complete image and get every detail.

http://www.drsloth.com/search/?category=209

I've found another source for some of them; if they're character cards they have that image in the Book of Ages

image.png.4229b991dfe0e889da35b46177532b59.pngimage.png.baec9801a00644430efb3a948ecb67f0.png

There's 291 of them, I don't suppose they're all going to be different to the ones @aleu1986 linked to from Dr. Sloth, but it's a bit more help.

This is indeed going to be a challenge!

I think that in many cases, we can`t get our customizations to be identical to what the card looks like - but we can do our best to make them look as similar as we can given what we have to work with.
Here are two examples I threw together, where I tried to get some of the details correct. They`re not exact, but close enough in my opinion, lol.

Island Peophin

island_6.gifmedium_preview.png

Wheel of Excitement

0098_CS10.gifmedium_preview.png

I`m trying to include all the same elements, the Light Faerie, the bushes/trees and the purple.. things.. not sure what they are lol. Hopefully it`s possible to see what I was going for.
Good luck everyone, I look very much forward to seeing the entries! A challenge is good, but the most important thing is to enjoy the creative process and have fun. ?

I have an entry that's mostly complete - well, apart from a pretty essential item - this has been my problem so far actually with every card I've tried for. 50/50 right now whether I'll succeed with submitting for this round. ?