Happy Tonu Day!

Mouseykins

I feel a bit bad for Tonu owners... The only new colour is Invisible, and the new outfit is sleuth? We have several sleuth/detective/investigator outfits already, it`s painfully limited what you can do with them. ?
The outfit looks nice for what it is, though.

19 hours ago, Aranel said:

I can't be the only one who thinks releasing Invisible pets is incredible lazy, right?

Especially when it's the ONLY new color for the species. ?

I agree, Invisible can barely count as a colour, they should absolutely have done a proper one to give Tonu owners something to be excited about... Very lazy.

Hmm... Invisible Tonu. I'm just not "seeing" it. Can you actually dress up an Invisible pet? If you can, it might be fun, but just not a color I appreciate. This outfit is limited to work with, but the hat does fit it's head (no fur or ruff disappearing), the jacket looks like it is being "weared", as a jacket should, and you can see the brown pant leg. Overall, it seems to be a clean look. There are a few backgrounds that would work well, with a "detective" theme.

23 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Can you actually dress up an Invisible pet? If you can, it might be fun, but just not a color I appreciate.

You can dress some species and Tonu is one of them! 

There's a petpage dedicated to Invisible pets with lots of information and a directory! 

http://www.neopets.com/~uncertainty 

In case you are curious :laughingsmiley:

On 2/25/2020 at 3:16 AM, Aranel said:

I can't be the only one who thinks releasing Invisible pets is incredible lazy, right?

I'm almost 100% sure you're not the only one.

In fact, when I see posts about "Which color do you think they will release for the upcoming species day?" I joke around saying "Invisible :D ". 

The only reason they won't release Invisible as new color for every upcoming pets days it's because people would riot xD 

But... Invisible pets do exist, so they have to be released eventually.

There's been a few lately but maybe that's partly because they've always been the last choice for a pet day because they're invisible. So there's kind of a backlog now, same as with the unpopular/ugly/joke colours like Swamp Gas and Custard.

That tied in with the Flash time-crunch and whatever else behind the scenes is causing stuff to not be able to be done (GMC) I think calling them lazy for releasing them now is a bit mean, and a wee bit entitled maybe? ? I still feel it's because it's been the only real option because the artists are too busy with other stuff that's higher on the to-do list.

Though I'm fully aware that I could be being completely naive and it's absolutely because of slacking off etc. But I really like to hope it isn't. ?

Of course the Invisible pets have to be released at some point, I just think that they should avoid releasing Invisible as the only new colour for a pet day. The pets are the main purpose of Neopets after all, and each pet day should be given the proper time and effort. I can understand this being difficult at times, and I`m sure TNT has got plenty of things to do behind the scenes... And it`s not like Invisible doesn`t require any effort at all, but they should have given Tonus a second colour in my opinion.

14 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I just think that they should avoid releasing Invisible as the only new colour for a pet day.

It is pretty much the ultimate smack in the face, isn't it? .__. Which is why I really want to hope it was done because there was no other option. I wonder if any artist who starts working for Neo has any real idea how much of a workload they're taking on. The schedule for the release of new items is so relentless, I'd imagine it only needs some small set-backs before they're forced into situations like Tonu Day's. ?

So, here's a question - Is it better to release an Invisible pet, on the pet day. Or be several weeks late but release a good new colour; like the Burlap Ogrin... ? - was Ogrin day late because it was a good colour, would it have been sooner if it was a brush that didn't require so much detail/imagination etc... we shall never know!

*does a count up on Neocolours*

Hmm, so there's just 30 Invisible pets, out of 55 species. Another 15 Ultimate Disappointment Pet Days yet to come...

The brush was released in 2000 so it's been around a LONG time, but there's only one more pet than there are Swamp Gas, which came out a whole 11 years later; I feel that somewhat vindicates my theory about them avoiding creating invisible pets. There's a LOT of Sponge ones to come out yet, there's only 22 of those. It's a shame that someone, somewhere, hasn't felt the urge to create a list of all the pets yet to be painted. I'd like to know which they are, but I absolutely don't have the patience or focus to be able to compile it myself. ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I'd imagine it only needs some small set-backs before they're forced into situations like Tonu Day's. ?

I think it's more like "X pet day is coming, we must take care of that too" and someone replies "Does X has Invisible released? No? Perfect. Problem fixed" :D 

So, here's a question - Is it better to release an Invisible pet, on the pet day. Or be several weeks late but release a good new colour; like the Burlap Ogrin... ? - was Ogrin day late because it was a good colour, would it have been sooner if it was a brush that didn't require so much detail/imagination etc... we shall never know!

This is a possibility: they had so much in their mind at the time and being vacation time... they forgot about it. Then they wanted to make it up for us and released a detailed new color. 

Another 15 Ultimate Disappointment Pet Days yet to come...

:laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley: Yes! 

I'd like to know which they are, but I absolutely don't have the patience or focus to be able to compile it myself. ?

This link can help you (can take a while to load) 
http://www.neopets.com/~Japeries#four

It has an updated list of all the available upcoming colors! 

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

This link can help you (can take a while to load) 

That...  is a masterly understatement. ? It's taken a couple of minutes so far xD

I did wonder, well, to be more accurate, was pretty sure, that someone would have a pet page showing what I wanted. But unless you know about these things there's no means to find them, is there.

So thank you for sharing! :D