My lab rat needs a doctor... 0.0

jellysundae

I finally freed Alice from the Steampunk housing she'd been trapped in today, after forgetting about it repeatedly, it seems to have had a detrimental affect upon her. ?

Check her out, you'll see what I mean.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=thenameisalice

Nervous tic or what, right?

I'm assuming this is something to do with her being.... actually, I dunno WHAT I assume. Just something to do with there being hardly any Steampunk Blums in existence yet, but I dunno why that would make this happen.

Has anyone seen this before on a pet? I've seen it on DTI but I'd assumed it was something at their end, and I can't remember what pet/colour it was, but it was one with a lot of unlabelled options.

Um, not sure if nervous tick, but more like ticked off! I don't know if I want to know what she is saying. Some things are better left unsaid. The hair and outfit look great, and the beach is very pretty and should be calming. Could it be she wants to remain a Steampunk Blum, with her Steampunk stuff on? Maybe she found a new Neopian sickness and will require a new cure...

Grumblemumbles - when your Neopet's mouth keeps moving, but you can't make out what they are saying. Can happen when the mouth moves faster than the mind can think.

Cure - Super Slow Lip Balm. One coat of this, will slow down the mouth back to its normal speed.

In all seriousness, it looks like something for Donny to fix. Maybe a letter to the NT Editor?

32 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Can happen when the mouth moves faster than the mind can think.

This is what happens to me because of the MS, I say my mouth runs on ahead on its own. ?

Hmm... it might be sensible to reach out to TNT about it, but the likelihood of me managing to do that is probably zero. ?

@Angeló thinking she might need a neurologist, or have a tumour or something? As a steampunk Blum she DOES have a chunk of metal stuck in her skull!

She doesn't actually display the full range of tics. The one on DTI pulls more faces.

http://impress.openneo.net/wardrobe?utf8=✓&color=107&species=3#color=107&species=3&state=28020

ALL the possible expressions are unlabeled, I do think this is the problem. Existential angst from un-named expressions xD It's just cycling through all possible options because there's nothing specific for it to settle on?

IfNseHc.jpg

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

he doesn't actually display the full range of tics. The one on DTI pulls more faces.

http://impress.openneo.net/wardrobe?utf8=✓&color=107&species=3#color=107&species=3&state=28020

ALL the possible expressions are unlabeled, I do think this is the problem. Existential angst from un-named expressions xD It's just cycling through all possible options because there's nothing specific for it to settle on?

Jelly, ?️ love the strange and unusual. ?️ would love it if any or all of my pets got crazy ? .:whaa:  ?️ think you and your pet are?? !:dance::happydance::rock:

I'm so sorry... I tried not to laugh... I tried hard :laughingsmiley:

I FAILED :laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley:

I tried all the "Unlabeled" options on DTI and it keeps doing that... 

I've checked on Discord and what one of the moderators said was 

image.png.ff97962df40a0719a75a288c10c2e434.png
image.png.b516e25b9d00665aaae4b32a0679b68d.png

So, I think that sending a ticket for support won't really help it :who-let-rip:

Try to think on the positive side! If you put some sort of food as handheld, it'll seem like she's eating it? :laughingsmiley:

Resultado de imagem para eating gif

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

As a steampunk Blum she DOES have a chunk of metal stuck in her skull!

She doesn't actually display the full range of tics. The one on DTI pulls more faces.

Well that solves the mystery doesnt it ?

that metal piece has to go

16 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Try to think on the positive side! If you put some sort of food as handheld, it'll seem like she's eating it? :laughingsmiley:

?

I am on this like.... yeah can't think of a thing, but still, I'm on it!

18 hours ago, berriganify said:

looks like alice is patient zero of an undiscovered disease.

I SO wish patientzero was the pet's name now! ?

I'm gonna need to work on a little something on DTI with regard to this. ?

21 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

The hair and outfit look great,

I have to admit that dressing her like an 18th century gent was mainly because I couldn't find anything out of what I have that I thought looked good. I'm not used to such a dark coloured pet and was struggling. So I decided that the facial expressions were bemusement at being ripped out of their time and plonked on an island somewhere. ?

I'm going to try something with food now though!

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Kinda curious, now. I noticed the background you are using, appears to be "animated". Does Alice experience the same with a non-animated background?

Animated?

Oh, wait, the waves, I shall experiment and see!

*removes background*

WHOA!!!

*hastily re-applies*

WELL, that's interesting. Remove the background and it gets worse... Maybe the more you have equiped the more it slows things down. Particularly if the items are animated? ?

*experiments some more*

Yep, an animated background definitely slows things down.

Gonna load Alice up with stuff now, see if I can quell things a little more!

1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

It's happened to me with an Elderly Boy Kacheek. It took months and months before they fixed it, despite me sending countless tickets about it.

It sucks.

This makes me very grateful that Alice is just a labby!

I've made more of an effort with her now anyway, I missed this brown wig when I dressed her before, it looks good on her though :D Background and bed animated. Lolly is too but it's such a small amount I don't suppose it makes a huge amount of difference. But compared to how things look without anything equiped it's a vast improvement!

Also I made good use of the Advent Calendar background by covering up the annoying Santa hat and festive message in the sand! This is a good background once you can't see that.

image.png.c5ccd57a4b357c0460e9be3ba99d06bb.png

And @Yuiina was right, it does look like she's eating now xD

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=thenameisalice

?

Maybe you could send in a question about it to the editorial on the Neopian Newspaper? I know some people have reported problems like that on there and they eventually fixed them. I think. Here's a link to the form:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editform

Hopefully it will be of some help.