Neopets TV Show in the works!

hrtbrk

https://kidscreen.com/2020/02/10/beach-house-pictures-adopts-neopets/

Blue Ant Studios-owned prodco Beach House Pictures has partnered with California-based JumpStart Games to develop the first Neopets animated series, based on the family-friendly virtual pet brand (pictured). As part of the agreement, Singapore-based Beach House will develop new stories and characters, with Blue Ant’s Canadian studio providing animation services.

The show is still in the early stages of development and its format and style aren’t finalized, but Beach House plans to target the series at eight to 12s. The pair are seeking co-production and broadcast partners for the project.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

i just saw this on Instagram :D 

what do they mean 8-12 years ? what about 30 somethings :P who never grew up ? 

Well, half of 12 is 6. And 6 X 5 = 30, so you are ok. Then again, you have baby Yoda as a profile pic, and he might be too young. Or too old, as he is 50.

I really thought it was April Fools for a second there.

A Neopets TV show? Something like this was already highly unlikely back when the site was in its prime, so for it to happen now... wow.

It's gonna be aimed at kids but that's to be expected, and I don't really mind since kids' shows can be fun. What actually worries me is Beach House Picture's portfolio: mostly puppet shows and a couple of animated series that don't even show up on Google.

So many conflicting feelings about this. ?

*reads article*

?‍♀️

Neopets first launched as an interactive pet website in 1999, and despite not being 20, the property’s website still has a sizeable global fanbase with 75 million players and more than 350 million page views a month, according to JumpStart.

I'm sure they mean despite now being 20, rather than not. ? Proof-reading as a thing doesn't seem to exist any more?

75 million accounts, maybe...

Just one word makes me supremely nervous though.

The new series is part of JumpStart’s larger plan to revamp the brand this year with a reimagined Neopets website,

REIMAGINED

a reimagined Neopets website...

I've seen what that means with regard to houses. -___-

*finds prime example*

vHuP8Gz.jpg becomes 9eJ5arj.jpg

So yeah, fearing the same for Neo now... gut renovation... rip out all original features... completely disregard for history etc...

That pesky eternal optimism of mine really hopes that it WON'T be a total disaster, that they're using the term reimagined because it's a buzzword right now, but because when it's used it does tend to be a code word for "completely destroying the soul of" I'm nervous for the Neopets that I know and love. ?

well that came out of nowhere

i mean, there's been popular shows made out of weirder things, so i guess it could work? a lot of the site's lore is mismatched and outdated, and some of it doesnt make any sense outside of the context of being a website. 

but it's still strange that this is where their priorities are. the flashpocalypse is less than a year away and a lot of the areas of the site are in need of huge overhauls and fixes.

as for the 'reimagined' thing, i think that's probably referring to the new site that's being worked on? i mean, i also hope that it's just going to fix the site's functionality and leave the aethetics and kookiness that same! but like, ive also been playing runescape for like 15 years, so my hopes and expectations at this point are resting quite comfortably six feet that-a-way..

6 hours ago, berriganify said:

but it's still strange that this is where their priorities are. the flashpocalypse is less than a year away and a lot of the areas of the site are in need of huge overhauls and fixes.

I'm thinking that TNT are not actually involved? Not in the TNT staff doing this rather than stuff on Neo way.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:33 PM, hrtbrk said:

As part of the agreement, Singapore-based Beach House will develop new stories and characters, with Blue Ant’s Canadian studio providing animation services.

Just going by this

I think that's why it seems so out-of-the-blue, this is Jumpstart not TNT themselves.

Part of Neo's charm is the aesthetics, isn't it. I'm afraid I roll my eyes at the comments I see about how the artwork needs changing because it's still the same, because it's old. Because I know full well that the very same people ranting about that would be screaming if it WAS actually changed. ?

Well, I'm down to watch. I'm coming from, once again, looking through Zazzle to see if Neopets put any Quiggle designs up aside from Ealyn Hawkshanks on the Krawk Island team picture. They have not. So I'm hoping we get some Quiggle representation in this show so that maybe I can get some new Quiggle merch for once. :/

I'm hoping it will be like Skylanders on Netflix: made for kids but still sane enough for adults who enjoy the franchise to watch without it being too childish. They really have a great marketing chance to have their adult player base enjoy a program with their children and get them to grow up with the website just like their parents did.

Even if the show doesn't appeal to the adult market, I still take this as a huge sign that NetDragon fully believes in the Neopets IP and is willing to make moves that Nickelodeon were always against - from a mobile friendly website to a television show. That's pretty huge and should quiet down some of the people who think they don't care about the website/just going to let it die. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:26 PM, hrtbrk said:

That's pretty huge and should quiet down some of the people who think they don't care about the website/just going to let it die. 

The people that bang on about that the most will carry right on regardless, won't they, they just can't help themselves. ? Like a particular person on Board 7 who's always saying how they don't play any more, they do literally nothing on the site. But they're there, on the board, every. single. day.

You're very right though about it showing NetDragon really is invested in Neo. ☺️

From Neopets Twitter

Do you know Siyana the Light Faerie? Well, Siyana has done great deeds for Neopia, and is one of the 12 founders of Neopia! We aspire to shine as bright as this wonderful Light Faerie!

----

They started butchering Neopets Lore for that TV show already ... don't they even play the site and the never-ending Altador Plot ? 

Also , whats up with that Yellow Ixi ?

And why does Lord Darigan look like a Mecha - Robot ? 

EQbxf6PUYAcYugr.jpg