Neopies - Best of 2019 Have Begun!

Emily

59 minutes ago, coolmusic_girl said:

Has anybody ever heard of this --->  trink_salad_slorg.gif Scared Salad Slorg? I got it today after voting on the Neopies Category.

Haha, yes, I've seen that xD

Poor Slorgie: quietly enjoying his lunch, only to discover he's become someone else's. ?

Treadmill one for me, that looked like it should have produced some good captions.

Though I am fully aware that the nature of the contest means it doesn't matter one bit if your caption is good or not; it's solely reliant on whether you can get enough people to vote for you. ?

image.png.adad980484d5d8e97704d8a259dd5c58.png

I voted for the Lighthouse Background too, and I actually got a prize that was far more valuable than I thought. (I was just going to cross it off my wishlist on JN - where I keep track of all the books my oldest pet has read - assuming it was another cheap book I'd never gotten around to reading, when I noticed the price.)

Prize-from-the-Neopies-13-02-2020.jpg

AURGHHHH TOPSI

*covers eyes*

Another round that requires more pointless effort than I appreciate! ?

*checks out each lot of stuff*

Disclaimer - I judge items on how much use you're likely to get from them year round. Though my personal prefs are gonna taint my opinion no matter what and I realise that.

Forgotten Relics of Altador - Meh. This stuff fits the theme, cool if you want to dress your boy pet like a centurion on the reg, the dresses are nice, the archway's good, the waterfall's good, the backgrounds are ok. I can't even be bothered to check out the wigs. I just feel mostly overwhelming meh because Roman stuff isn't my thing at all.

Haunted Mansion - I'm not into the gothy stuff, but yeah, not bad, it's minimal pumpkins everywhere; pumpkins seem to generally be like Skittles Pox when it comes to "spooky" items. ? The witches hat with entirely random brightly-coloured feathers and a bow tho... LOL. The goth girl dress is so very '90s. ?

Mysterious Magical Neggs - This is much better, a decent amount of good stuff here.

Lulu in Space - nope - hardly any of these items are easily useable on a daily basis

Looks like it's Topsi for me then... ?

image.png.20db91c6f7168c84c9da3c5b5a595de4.png

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

AURGHHHH TOPSI

*covers eyes*

Another round that requires more pointless effort than I appreciate! ?

*checks out each lot of stuff*

Disclaimer - I judge items on how much use you're likely to get from them year round. Though my personal prefs are gonna taint my opinion no matter what and I realise that.

I admire how you actually take the time to research these things! I have to admit that when it comes down to rounds about stuff I've never seen/used/whatever (mostly all the NC stuff), I just go by the description/title of the voting options. ? (In this case, the description for The Forgotten Relics of Altador sounded most interesting to me, but I have no clue what the event was about. XD)

I agree with @jellysundae

I dislike these themes that require me to work and understand the nominees.

I also share the same opinion as Jelly and will vote for Mysterious Magical Neggs.

Thanks For Voting!

It's like you just shared your opinion with all of Neopia! Oh, wait. You did. Nice.

usu_flowers_flytrap.gif
Carniverous Plant Usuki

12 hours ago, Angeló said:

I don't partake in NC events but I voted for the Haunted Mansion because I like dark spooky gothic stuff  

image.png.2322791c90bc922baeaf22638d913c6e.png

Finally a decent price

Watch out!
Watermelon Jetsam

(very rare)

I voted the same, as I like Halloween, and the spooky stuff. I even got the same prize!

I voted for the 20 year avatar because I love how colorful it is .. also it's limited edition & Ive been using it since its release back in November

image.png.98a647ccf995474d5783cede3456c2fe.png

Back to boring prizes

Wait, is it real or not?
Ghostly Hot Dog

@Nielo and @Yuiina thank you ladies. :D

Thankfully today's vote requires no research. ?

I'm unsure which to pick. I like the 20 year one, I also like the Lutari one as its colours and vibe appeal to me; and it's an avatar that anyone can attain. I think because of that fact I'm more likely to pick that one.

The poor beakless Vandy doesn't get a look in, and as the L&L one is completely unattainable by me... yeah, Lutari I think.

image.png.307e4df6020e362e31e75f288d9a8bb5.png

A that's-not-creepy-at-all book as a prize.

I like all the nominees and I think I'll vote for the 20 Year Celebration Avatar because it's an important event to remember.

I personally think that it's difficult for a game to last that long and they somehow managed to keep it running. Plus, it has many colors xD

Resultado de imagem para rainbow gif

Thanks For Voting!

It's like you just shared your opinion with all of Neopia! Oh, wait. You did. Nice.

gro_coat_shiner.gif
Coat Shiner

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

I voted for the 20 year avatar because I love how colorful it is .. also it's limited edition & Ive been using it since its release back in November

image.png.98a647ccf995474d5783cede3456c2fe.png

Back to boring prizes

Wait, is it real or not?
Ghostly Hot Dog

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I like all the nominees and I think I'll vote for the 20 Year Celebration Avatar because it's an important event to remember.

I personally think that it's difficult for a game to last that long and they somehow managed to keep it running. Plus, it has many colors xD

Resultado de imagem para rainbow gif

Thanks For Voting!

gro_coat_shiner.gif
Coat Shiner

I voted for both of the same reasons! I like how the colors change, and 20 years is an important event! Hoping for another 20 or more years!

Today`s category is Best Premium Collectible - a bit of an odd choice since these items are only given out to Premium members, though they`re NC and can be traded/gifted.. I`m Premium, so I have them all. I voted for the Castle In The Sky Background, but I also really like the scarf.

hfo_depressed_potato.gif
Depressed Potato

...Okay then.

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

This guitar makes a sort of mystical sound that is not often found. I like this item , also as @jellysundae would say ... moooaaar CC points 

?

It's not going in your music gallery?

I'll probably choose the background too, because it's lovely, and the Ghibli ref.  The scarf is pretty nice, I like the shape of it a lot, and candy cane in this incarnation is just a red and white striped scarf, not something overtly festive. *tries scarf on Cora*

image.png.a8849937d1d1e53487bca3cf1e34896b.png

Yep, that looks good. As I'm learning though, because a Blum is both tall and has a slender neck, they can pull off a lot of stuff that doesn't look good at all on other species.

image.png.bdbade44b87a02095d3953da925646aa.png Case in point xD No neck does not for a good scarf look make! Add in the lack of legs too and it just overwhelms everything.

Poor l'il stubby Tate, just not cut out for some looks!

But his back garden looks lovely when it's floating on its own little island in the sky! :D

image.png.aa63c758f94ac1cd77e867147c271a93.png

So yep, it's the background for me. The falling leaves don't appeal. Admittedly it's pretty and a realistic thing, I do have a fairly large dislike for the Shower Of [insert random thing here] items, back to my wish for items to be actually realistically useable, plus I'm generally not keen on the animated stuff. Same can be said for the garlands, many of those are just too silly to deserve to exist. This one's ... fine, just not to my taste.

So let us see what prize I get today! ?

image.png.02092c1ede472be0cd92d1948f99e04b.png

HA, the value of this has taken the expected nose-dive. ?

14,200 NP (-18,300 NP) on February 15, 2020 by Item DB Crew
32,500 NP (no change) on February 10, 2020 by Item DB Crew
32,500 NP (-56,500 NP) on February 8, 2020 by Item DB Crew
89,000 NP (-266,000 NP) on February 6, 2020 by Item DB Crew
355,000 NP (-15,000 NP) on February 3, 2020 by Item DB Crew
370,000 NP (-60,000 NP) on January 30, 2020 by Item DB Crew
430,000 NP (+25,000 NP) on January 16, 2020 by Item DB Crew
405,000 NP (+200,000 NP) on December 21, 2019 by Item DB Crew

Not to worry, I'll tuck it away until it rises again. :3

It's not going in your music gallery?

I have it already :)

---------------------

Trudys havent been updated in ages

Sand petpets are boring

Cooking Pot latest prizes are great though

image.png.5bf06dbbd4412323f627905fb0580c05.png

Play now, eat later!
Gingerbread Usuki Playhouse

(rare)

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

Trudys havent been updated in ages

Sand petpets are boring

Cooking Pot latest prizes are great though

image.png.5bf06dbbd4412323f627905fb0580c05.png

Play now, eat later!
Gingerbread Usuki Playhouse

Agree with all this. Right up to getting the same prize xD

Seems they are really scraping the barrel for voting categories, doesn't it. It's a shame they couldn't centre today's, it would have made it look a little less conspicuous.