Farewell to the Empress Josephine :(

Sciurus carolinensis

Our cat Josephine collapsed around noon today. My parents took her in, but she was in liver failure and nothing could be done. I had a friend over all day, so it took a while for her death to hit me. She never completely recovered from the same ailment that her brother Napoleon died of last June. Mom took all our cat stuff (litter box, etc.) down to the basement because she's too upset to look at it. I get that. I had to stop her from giving the toys away because we will eventually get more cats, but none of us are ready for that to be any time soon. Here's a picture of her from October 2016. I resized it too much. Oops.

20161008_140700_1475950021229 (300x208).jpg

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that! Stay strong!

I know she'll be missed a lot so think of it this way: As long as she's being missed, she's being remembered. And as long as she's remembered she lives on (in your thoughts and heart).

My sincere condolences on the loss of your dear sweet kitty!

It's been almost 9 months since my family lost our sweet pup, Mouse. The pain is still very raw!