What do you do for living and what is your dream job?

luckyhelen

Just at the moment I'm unemployed.   I was an overnight stockman at the local grocery store, but the level of stupidity by managment got to be too much, so i quit.

Dream job?   General operations manager of a moon based colony.   Which is far closer to a real option than it was 10 years ago.

Current job:  Notetaker at a college for students with disabilities.

Dream job:  Being a professional orchestral musician. 

Realistic dream job, since I have garbage coordination :D  :  I'm taking an arts management course at the moment, hoping I'll be able to get a job in the offices of an orchestra (would love the local one. . .) or possibly a museum, though I'd need to brush up on my art history for that.  I also want to (eventually when I can figure funding out. . .) start a small farm focusing on raising heritage/rare breeds of sheep for wool (not meat) for hand spinners/felters and/or knitters/crocheters.  I'd also like to perhaps add some alpacas and angora rabbits to the mix.  Possibly with a side of farmhouse cheese from a heritage cow breed as well.

I work as a unit aide on the pediatric intensive care unit of a major children's hospital. A unit aide does all the things that you don't think about being done in the hospital - mainly ordering and stocking supplies and reprocessing rooms and equipment between patients; but also assisting with minor patient care tasks, bagging and removing laundry, preparing kits and stocking carts for procedures and emergencies, setting up spaces for procedures and circumstances such as infection isolation, ensuring clean laundry is folded and sufficiently stocked in the right places, general tidying up of the unit, retrieving and borrowing equipment and supplies when it's needed, organizing and maintaining family lounges and fridges, and generally just doing all of the small tasks that need to be done such as fetching water for a patient, setting up an iPad for a child to play on, bringing an extra pillow ...

I'm lucky enough that I'm working my dream job now. I didn't have to go to school, and I love what I do! The only thing I would change is to add more hours, my position is 40% (1-2 12 shifts per week) and I'm hoping for the full time (3-4 12 hour shifts per week) so I can live comfortably.

I'm currently a freelance digital content creator; so I write news articles/take photos and sell them to local news outlets, take photos for private clients (engagements, businesses, etc.), and I am also for hire to do digital marketing, including video, audio, social media, etc packages that the client can use after my service to them has concluded. For example, last summer former US General Tommy Franks employed me to come and help shoot a documentary of a leadership institute camp he holds for promising youth each summer in Oklahoma. I got in a van with other camera crew/editing/producing folk, we drove down, did all the filming and photography and interviews, and turned around an edit within a day or two before we came back home and went our separate ways. The one thing I really don't know how to do well is graphic design, but otherwise a pretty strong communications person. It's a great gig when I'm in-between jobs, as I am now, but I can't really sustain the bills with it and there is no medical/vision/dental benefits or 401K lol.

My dream job would to be a novelist living in Northern California, like Anne Rice or something lol. Or a professional painter. 

@Rayd1978 That is one of the reasons I will NEVER work in retail again! Also, the pay is not that great.

I am a Stay at Home Mom and a full time Teacher to my oldest who is homeschooled. I design my own lesson plans for our year. To help her with her learning I also design learning resources that I sell online. However, I have yet to make a sale. I opened my shop in August and haven't made a sale yet. I'm hoping that changes this year. I'm starting a website and social media accounts as well to get more traffic.

My dream job would be an actual Teacher or an Accountant since I'm really good with numbers.

I work in the operations department of a bank - I balance accounts, pay bills, and do an annual audit, among other things. (the bank has grown, but the dept has not, so we all have many different duties)

My dream job would be something where I could work just 4 hours a day and still make enough money to pay off my student loans and travel. ? Preferably working from home.. doesn't really matter what I do, as long as it's not soul sucking. I'm getting a little tired of the bank atmosphere to be honest!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m currently unemployed but want to work in the reptile or aquarium department in a pet store or Build a Bear. As far as dream jobs go I’d love to teach English in Italy since I’m nearly full blooded Italian. 

I'm a data manager in Cancer Research working with a university - despite my English degree, I have found my place there and would like to progress through the ranks. I have a firm goal to get a book published even if it doesn't make me vast amounts of money though!

This is my last year at the University, and the COVID just made it worse in every way.

My dream job is... working in "something" made by myself. I'm studying Computing Engineering, so, I'd like to create something helpful and succesful for the world.