My Lab Rat's destiny approaches!

That sounds good and dramatic, doesn't it!

?

But truly it has become a baby step closer today!

As today I spent the 150 NC that Expellibox kindly gave me for Christmas on the hat that I've intended for Cora to have, once she becomes the Orange Blum that has been my wish for her since I created a Runway entry featuring one forever ago.

I've just wasted much time on DTI trying to recreate that entry; after wasting much other time trying to remember/find which round it was... ?

On pg.137 out of 177 backgrounds I think I've got it all though! :lmaosmiley:

medium_preview.png

Mama Roo who blithely left dad to look after the kids, while she sloped off for some valuable me time. Good for her!

I remember being really pleased by how the items worked together to hide the bits of each other that didn't work on their own; the boat covering up the rotten boot that's on the end of that rod, and of course my beloved shrubberies ? hiding the mines in the water! Plus the eye shadow giving her a nicely complacent look, LOL!

It's the Roo's colour contrast with the hat and sweater, and how stinking cute that beanie looks, that made me decide I wanted this pet though, and I still do today, so from today Final Cora is a step closer.

image.png.5e092419a78c1ebcc2784276dda224b9.png

:D

Now Cora's final form is taking shape in my head, too. I was trying on Blum items and I really like the Geek specs; and the Goth Make Up, which very surprisingly, and happily just gives her nicely defined eyelashes, not some socked-in-the-eye panda look. So both of these things in Cora's future, as well as that sweater of course!

I seem determined to make her look like a mum, lol, but that's cool, she looks like she'd be a nice one. ☺️

medium_preview.png

Of course once this transformation occurs I'll then need to get a new lab rat! ? I'll have room for one now too! ?

I love your passion! It will happen. The same thing happened to me when I submitted my entry to I think the Runway 50? I thought my entry looked REALLY cool and was determined to have the Lab zap one of my pets until I got it just right. The background was pretty expensive, in my standards, but I made sure to buy it right away. I will be rooting for you! 

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1517030

unseenhunter.png

@queen_hatshepset Thank you! :D

UnseenHunter looks amazing! What a fabulous name, too! The Runway definitely opens up our eyes to all kinds of pet options we'd not even thought about before.

The customisation bug is biting me again, very clearly, after being fairly dormant for quite a while. It's often Runway stuff that triggers things though, I got an invisible Kau recently because of it. A lot of testing went into which Invisible pet to get, too. Sound nuts? There was method to the apparent madness though, honest! ?

A quadruped so heldheld items stood on the floor rather than floating in mid-air with a chunk missing out of them where the paw etc. went. Plus the size/height of the pet affecting where items ended up. All VERY technical! ?

I'm now tempted to spend some NP creating a daft tableau with my Kau, that was the sole reason for its existence, after all. ?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@Yuiina As Cora's her true self now I feel I should let her show off in her own thread. ?

Done a bit more shopping with her today and I'm in love with the result. ?

image.png.07fd6ceb3a221d9281148f522ffcf4ac.png

This is the Not Enough Sleep hair. Which looks tousled in a Meg Ryan kind of way to me, and very cute.

And that coat! ???

It's extremely flattering, too. Look how fat she looks without it!

Lay off the pies, girl!

N10fgA6.jpg

I spent most of the NC I won today on that cardi (50% off) and the shoes. Was going to put those on too but it's winter! Let's keep the nice warm boots on! ?

WHY did I wait so long to Blum her up?!

The chance of the lab ray doing it was close to zero. But she's as she should be now. ?

@jellysundae I'm sorry... one day I saw the notification but I was in a rush and forgot to check it back! 

On 1/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, jellysundae said:

Which looks tousled in a Meg Ryan kind of way to me, and very cute.

It really does look like Meg Ryan :laughingsmiley: It so does!! Ahahahah 

And that coat makes wonders :lmaosmiley:

4 hours ago, Yuiina said:

And that coat makes wonders 

The coat's amazing, isn't it?! I'd tried it on Tate before and it looks pretty cute on him, but Cora's got the height to make it look really great. ?

Just tried it on Tate again, the main issue is NP items to go with it to make a decent outfit.

medium_preview.png

But you can see the jacket itself does look good on him.

I've altered Cora's customisation again. Triggered by irritation at the lack of decent hand-helds. So I've given her a reason to use the lovely brolly. ?

medium_preview.png

That chocolate bar purse is a genuine lefthand item, a bit of a rarity I think, rather than one of those ones that uses a variety of layers depending on what other items you've got equiped. So yup, Cora's strolling in the rain for a while because I really like how her bright outfit pops against the grey background. :D

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Just tried it on Tate again, the main issue is NP items to go with it to make a decent outfit.

How I understand that ... ?

But the coat has a nice color and it's usefull for many different customizations! And it transforms big bellies :whistle:

Cora looks great with that outfit and background, I just think the tree-mosqueteers aren't looking good there, maybe if you use only one it'll look less confusing since the background is so grey.

Better?

medium_preview.png

I do see that the plethora of trees was a bit over the top because of the different colours and textures all crammed into the same space, but I did like how the trunks/ground broke up that noticably dull and empty space by the fence there.

I might keep the apple tree, that does tone with the coat nicely. :D

medium_preview.png

@jellysundae 

Without the purple tree it's looking far better! 

On the other background. the tree family fits because they both have has many colors but here it just looked weird to me.

For me, the apple tree is a no go because....

Resultado de imagem para chipmunk gif"

image.png.35c02364e4d09219858a4a64c4043230.png

That bothers me so much... always have and always will :laughingsmiley: