Facebook login option gone?!

Aranel

(VERY) Long story short, the email for my NP account no longer exists and I cannot remember the password. Luckily, the account was connected to my Facebook so I have been able to continue logging in. (I have also attempted in the past to contact support to get the email changed. But you all know how that can be.)

I had to clear the cookies on my computer recently and when I went back to Neopets, I can no longer find the option to log in with Facebook! Is this new? Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do??

I'm definitely going to contact support but I was curious if there was some obvious thing I'd missed or known solution I hadn't heard about.

EDITED TO ADD: It appears the issue has to do with Neopets' security settings and Facebook not allowing connection? Great. So it sounds like I'm totally screwed until TNT gets its act together and either fixes its security or responds to my support emails. Joy.

I'd still love any insight anyone has to offer.

Sadly the Facebook login option never worked for me and I was never able to sync it to my profile so I am no help there.

However, something similar happened to me a few months ago. I deleted my cookies and had forgotten my password bc it always kept me logged in/auto logged me in. I didn't know it but when I signed up for Neopets with my new account in 2013 I had used a work email to set up my account (no idea why, doesn't seem wise lol). I had never changed it, and left that job YEARS ago, so the email was no longer even valid, therefore I couldn't reset.

I sent in a ticket and explained my situation. No one got back to me so I tweeted at them about it, and immediately got a reply via Twitter and a reply to my email and they restored my account right away. They did want to know what email it was I could have used that was no longer valid to try to verify that way. Honestly I didn't know it was an option and gave them a bunch of other potential emails I have had over the years, and they still restored it (thankfully).

TLDR; send in a ticket, if they don't reply, tweet at them. ?

I posted my support ticket number to a thread on the Neopets boards that supposedly gets you help faster... AND IT WORKED!

I'm honestly floored. I've been bugging them about this for years, and after being locked out of this account completely this week, because I cleared my cookies and have an old email, I tried again.

I now have access to my account, and for the first time in years I can change my email address to one that actually exists! And change my profile! It's like five years out of date. :P

THERE IS HOPE!

Thanks so much for your suggestion, hbw. ?

Wow! Long time, no see, uh, er, no post!

Email support at [email protected]. You should get an auto-reply with a ticket number. If you don't, check your "spam" or "junk" folders. Some email providers may "reject" email messages from Neopets, so, if that happens, you may have to use another email account/address. If you have a side account, post the ticket number on this topic (Ticket Waiting Board #51 Highway To Help), on the "Help" Neoboard:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=160008915

If you don't have a side, see if a Neofriend is willing to post your ticket number, and brief issue. Read the first few posts, if possible, too, as they may be helpful. "tnt_darigan_ferret" (member of TNT) is known to frequent the board/topic, and tries to get tickets assigned, or Support personnel (Tony, Alice, etc) to respond to your ticket.

And, for anyone else, who may be in a similar situation, but is still able to login, you can change your email address. Once in Neopets, click on "My Account", and select "Preferences". Next, click the "Change Your Email" link. Enter your new email address, confirm it (enter it again), your password, and click "Submit Change". As stated, it can take 24 hours for the change to take.

Good luck, and, support has gotten better, so I hope this will be taken care of, soon.

EDIT: Posted too late, but glad you got it fixed!

Alice W is awesome. She's the same one who got my account back after it got hacked! I'm glad to hear she was able to help you get access back to yours as well. ?