Welcome to December with Advent Calendar!

hrtbrk

It didn't play for me at first, but it did after I refreshed the page.

After being robbed by Icy Skeletons, IN THE BANK, earlier this year I very much enjoyed today's clip! ?

The navigation on the main site has also been updated. Under the Articles tab at the bottom is the Advent Calendar link for our guide.

Also, if you click Hrtbrk's red and green Advent Calendar link at the bottom of the topic post, it'll take you to our guide as well.

19 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i cant believe JS still plagiarize themselves :D

Why? ?

This is a long-standing TNT tradition after all, lol.

Excuse me, TNT/JS, but my Evil Morguss Bobblehead is NOT moving? *cry* Why you call it a "bobblehead" and it doesn't move AT ALL?! Uuugghhh!:crying_anim::sad01_anim:

Oh well, perhaps they didn't want to scare us with a moving evil thing? Just add it to the list of useless items TNT/JS tries to palm off on us as "gifts"! kougra_white_growl.gif

13 hours ago, Hanso said:

I like how we always get lots of wearables from the Advent Calendar, but it's usually just trinkets (foreground items, backgrounds, etc) and not clothes you can actually put on your pets (shirts, jackets, shoes, gloves, etc). Hopefully this year we'll get at least a couple of clothes.

I gotta admit, since I'm not into customizing my pets in a humanoid style, I prefer getting trinkets and ornaments. However, none of them this year seem to be of any use for me so far... I mean come on, that floating bori arm with a beverage in its hand?! :D oof

image.png.79760fcf965ac4105f0dcf87f7184543.png

I think TNT is trying to recicle items? This background is exactly this one but without the animation image.png.885afcd46eabb0f9485f427b90d0d437.png

I didn't understand that Rod of Supernova situation :laughingsmiley: Did this happen to everyone or?!

I would also like to see more clothes released on Advent Calendar for a change :) They're needed!

15 hours ago, Hanso said:

I like how we always get lots of wearables from the Advent Calendar, but it's usually just trinkets (foreground items, backgrounds, etc) and not clothes you can actually put on your pets (shirts, jackets, shoes, gloves, etc). Hopefully this year we'll get at least a couple of clothes.

The clothes would likely be aggressively festive though, wouldn't they. ? I love getting (decent) trinket items - the ladder bookshelf from last year is a big favourite of mine - so I tend to feel annoyed when it's clothes because there's such a high risk of 'em being in-your-face Christmassy. Last year's Festive Onesie being a good example.

66038.gifVery cute, but only useful for a short part of the year.

66093.gif These skates were a great addition though!

1 hour ago, alohadiscordia said:

I gotta admit, since I'm not into customizing my pets in a humanoid style, I prefer getting trinkets and ornaments. However, none of them this year seem to be of any use for me so far... I mean come on, that floating bori arm with a beverage in its hand?! :D oof

Haha, I'll admit I find this kinda cute. Pretty bad artwork (WHAT is going on with the back edge of the lip of the mug??) but it's at least imaginative. It's also on the foreground layer so doesn't remove so much from your customisation. Look, my l'il guy's got a friend visiting for tea. ☺️

medium_preview.png

It's cool and interesting how we all have such different likes and preferences for Advent Calendar items, just goes to show that TNT's got basically ZERO chance of pleasing us all though, doesn't it. ?

@Yuiina

The Rod of Supernova gag is a very long-running thing. I dunno when TNT first did it, but JS are keeping that fine tradition going, lol.

Yesterday's background is the Meridell Marketplace one with copy/paste festive decorations. It's clear they didn't have the artists available to create all new items for the Advent Calendar. I'm cool with recycled backgrounds though, they're decent art, and we're getting them for free. If it was do it this way or have no Advent Calendar... this was definitely the better option. ?

47 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I didn't understand that Rod of Supernova situation :laughingsmiley: Did this happen to everyone or?!

this happens every year

it created such a fuss but now i dont even pay attention to it

bg_kiko_lake.gif

There is also this similar background (In Kiko Lake)

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

according to today's animation , Donny supports Tyrannia in the Altador Cup

image.png.5cb1c210369a6c85d63dc3f478f8d573.png

Going by that expression, maybe he doesn't have much choice xD That house-sized goalie might bully him into it. ?

I was thinking yesterday that as Donny's b/g is gonna be made up 100% of already existing art I wondered at the AC poster choice. But maybe there aren't actually that many options for stuff to put on a wall that would seem relevant to Donny, or at least not completely out of place. It's not like they'll have had ages to sift through every existing image either. A Terror Mountain poster would have made SO much more sense, but maybe there isn't one. ?‍♀️

The poster's from the #1 Fan Room Background; quite a few things are from the Abigails Room Background, including the ridiculously shrunken cushions on the shelves

image.png.e08d4580ee409c1159beac28f8ae6f18.png image.png.77ea0afa4c31425e467b31ae5f611f6b.png I could waste the entire day sourcing everything, I hope I don't feel compelled to do this. ?

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

i cant spot such details for the life of me

Call it a "skill" of mine. ? It's pretty hit and miss these days because of the holes in my brain, but it's definitely still there, lol.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

i really like today's items

Peopha pops beautifully against all the blue and silver! :D And doesn't she know it! ?

Tate's made good use of the tinsel, too. ?

image.png.63e1e0c50085b21f195649cc6204e02e.png

Today's animation somewhat disturbs me, every Grundo is SO miserable, while the two visitors are completely oblivious...

I feel I should know who the Cybunny is, but I don't. ?

Let's try and engage brain... *looks on Dr. Sloth*

The name Clara is in my head, but search results are a blond... um... ah, she's a Wocky.

Searching Cybunny gives me over 2000 results... ?

*adds "space" to search*

A-HA!

Well hello there, you look familiar!

image.png.dd63586bf9e095ce60e7bb4ee86f64b6.png

OH! Cylara! Hey, I wasn't far off at all! :D

But still, why are she and that blue Grundo ( is it THE blue grundo??) just enjoying eating ice cream and pretending they don't see the down-trodden masses? I mean the Grundos are all Sloth's prisoners, aren't they?

They're from the game Moon Rock Rampage. But as to why all other grundo's look sad is a mystery for me too or why they don't try to free them/pretend everything is normal I really don't know.

I'm confused with today's gifts... 

Usually the gifts are related to the video and today you get...

image.png.3d29b2a685a1a85add21a459b4ef18fe.png

...when the video is about the Soup Faerie :confused:

Also... I love the backgrounds they're releasing but... Foregrounds (Higher, Lower) would be extremely appreciated! There are few related to Winter/Christmas. 

And that image.png.c554d8567dd53ddf8e48534dbb2bc5ff.png is gorgeous! Why didn't they released it as NP? :crying_anim: