Happy Usul Day!

hrtbrk

Kind of a letdown for Usul owners if you ask me. A non-color and a three piece outfit. At least Toy looks pretty good.

Hmmm not the greatest day for Usul fans in my opinion :who-let-rip:

Invisible  If it's one of the invisible pets that can wear clothes, it might be useful :laugh: I sense that the pets who don't have Invisible on their color range will be guaranteed to have it on their next pet days.

Toy  What I genuinely believe it happened is that there were 2 artists doing the 2 separate body parts because otherwise... I have no idea why would they make the tale with a different color than the body, I just... don't... get it. 

Resultado de imagem para confused gif

Outfit It's a simple outfit. On the negative side, the hair feels sloppy + instead of launching a red lipstick, that already exists for all species, it would be preferable an eye shadow or eyes contacts. On the positive side, the dress can be used on different occasions.

I confess I was staring at the first image thinking "okay, Toy looks fine, but when is the other one going to load?" before I looked at the caption ?‍♀️

53 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Outfit It's a simple outfit. On the negative side, the hair feels sloppy

Right?? Maybe it could have had a braid crown or something like that and it would look cuter. Do we have any braid crown wigs?

Oh dear, just imagining the salt another invisible pet so soon's gonna be creating on the boards. ?‍♀️

At least the other option isn't Swamp Gas or Custard?

*checks Neocolours*

Ah, those two already exist! ?

Totally understandable though, Advent Calendar stuff is gonna be taking up a lot of artist time right now I'm sure. TNT doesn't have the staffing levels to be able to be way ahead on production of everything (anything), and considering the postponement of the GMC which is another item-heavy event...

I'm imagining somewhat frantic scrabbling to get Advent Calendar stuff finalised so that can go off without a hitch, and the Invisible pet fall-back position ended up having to be used, I'm sure they'd rather have not used it. Thing is though, it's gotta be done at some point. ?‍♀️

I rather like the idea of an invisible pet because you can have so much fun with the customisation. I'd be intrigued to know what needs to be done to enable an invisible pet to equip items, it confuses me why some items only work with some invisible pets. But yeah, I'm contemplating an invisible something for one of my two empty slots. :snitch:

10 hours ago, Bingo said:

I confess I was staring at the first image thinking "okay, Toy looks fine, but when is the other one going to load?" before I looked at the caption ?‍♀️

Haha, I had to laugh react to that, because I did the exact same thing!  

I don't think I've liked ANY of the toy pets, but the outfit is cute.  Enough.  Not changing my girl from her LoZ inspired look, though ❤️ 

Invisible should barely count as a colour - on the plusside, I read on the boards that it`s fully customizable, so fans of Invisible pets, rejoice! :D
I believe there was a request put in the Editorial for a Burlap Usul, and the response made it sound like it was a sure thing. Oh well, hopefully next year then...
Toy looks really weird in my opinion, but I think most Toy pets do... the colours are just odd and feel randomly selected. Why is the tail and bow a normal colour while the rest of the Usul is green? I think it would have looked nice if they kept the Usuls normal colours and just gave it this plastic sheen, make it really look like an action figure Usul.

The outfit is nice, the dress looks lovely and I really appreciate that we get a short wig (only for Usuls, but oh well). I suppose there`s meant to be a knot or something at the back, we just can`t see it. :P

2 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

Invisible should barely count as a colour - on the plusside, I read on the boards that it`s fully customizable, so fans of Invisible pets, rejoice! :D
I believe there was a request put in the Editorial for a Burlap Usul, and the response made it sound like it was a sure thing. Oh well, hopefully next year then...
Toy looks really weird in my opinion, but I think most Toy pets do... the colours are just odd and feel randomly selected. Why is the tail and bow a normal colour while the rest of the Usul is green? I think it would have looked nice if they kept the Usuls normal colours and just gave it this plastic sheen, make it really look like an action figure Usul.

The outfit is nice, the dress looks lovely and I really appreciate that we get a short wig (only for Usuls, but oh well). I suppose there`s meant to be a knot or something at the back, we just can`t see it. :P

I was looking forward to the Burlap Usul as well. My guess is it got scrapped last minute so they went with Invisible ?

re: the burlap usul, are pet days the only time that new colours are released? i don't really pay much attention to the specific days, so is it possible that the burlap usul might be coming at some other colour-releasing day?

tbh im not a huge fan of the toy colour. its a cool concept, but the way light source always looks juuuuust a little bit.. off. and yeah, the colours are wack. looks like there was a mix-up in toy parts.. kind of like when my sister and i used to pull the heads off our ken and barbie dolls and swap them :biggrin:

the clothes are super cute, though. theyre simple but classy.

Why don't they just release Invisible on every remaining pet? How much effort could that take? They don't have to draw anything.

That would be better than putting them on the pet days in my opinion. They're just so disappointing.

6 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

Toy looks really weird in my opinion, but I think most Toy pets do... the colours are just odd and feel randomly selected. Why is the tail and bow a normal colour while the rest of the Usul is green?

Oh god, yes! I honestly don't understand where they planned on going with this colour. On Subeta, for example (am I allowed bring Subeta up? ? if not, then I won't do it again) we have Nostalgic pets which are exactly the concept I would expect for Toy, instead of these plain (lazy?) designs we got on Neo.

image.png.73f2244f10d9ac7a4c5d3aa1e3cfcc89.pngimage.png.349ec013b8da45b924b17074a0c87143.pngimage.png.c4459d5c85daa3c3acbc192511f6f57f.pngimage.png.02535f6691fe2a0f072dcc8ae6e669c3.png

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm imagining somewhat frantic scrabbling to get Advent Calendar stuff finalised so that can go off without a hitch, and the Invisible pet fall-back position ended up having to be used, I'm sure they'd rather have not used it. Thing is though, it's gotta be done at some point. ?‍♀️

I'm glad you brought it up, because I hadn't thought of that! It's the first time I've realised TNT have deadlines just as we do ?

46 minutes ago, Bingo said:

I'm glad you brought it up, because I hadn't thought of that! It's the first time I've realised TNT have deadlines just as we do ?

They have a LOT of deadlines! Events, petdays, new items, converting from flash, writing news and NT articles, releasing contests. I'm probably forgetting a WHOLE lot.

And they got to work together as well, like the artist needs to finish but so does the coding, testing and whatnot before it can be released.

9 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

I was looking forward to the Burlap Usul as well. My guess is it got scrapped last minute so they went with Invisible ?

Better the Invisipet than a poorly-executed-because-of-no-time Burlap though, focus on that. ?

6 hours ago, Bingo said:

Nostalgic pets which are exactly the concept I would expect for Toy, instead of these plain (lazy?) designs we got on Neo.

I think a lot of the problem is creativity, or the lack there of. TNT now are not the wildly imaginative bunch that made Neo what it is. Also, there's the artists... I've realised that just because someone can draw doesn't mean they've automatically got any design skills. Talent as a whole is lacking with TNT now though isn't it, the plodt-writing highlights that. ?

But then original TNT will all have been drawn together because they were creative and artistic, the people we have now are just JS staff who were tasked with Neopets... oh and the spot of nepotism with the JS boss giving his daughter the NT editor's job... I wonder what Scrappy does now Jade fills that role. ?

The artwork is generally much better now than it was in 2016 or so, I think that was the all time low. Someone on the team is excellent and has good imagination, but sadly they can't draw absolutely everything. ?

7 hours ago, Bingo said:

I honestly don't understand where they planned on going with this colour.

Same. 

When I heard about the Toy color I immediately fantasied about Uni future version such as this:

Resultado de imagem para cavalo de madeira Resultado de imagem para cavalo de madeira

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

The artwork is generally much better now than it was in 2016 or so, I think that was the all time low.

I agree. This one for example image.png.bdf634aaa4c036b15079194e436b09f9.png

It still haunts me 

image.png.581476d9997e26cc4567e2df90252583.png

2 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I agree. This one for example image.png.bdf634aaa4c036b15079194e436b09f9.png

It still haunts me 

image.png.581476d9997e26cc4567e2df90252583.png

I.... never really paid attention to this item before. NOW, of course, cannot unsee. xD

That's pretty dire, isn't it?! It looks like something a kid who's just been shown how to use Photoshop did. :who-let-rip:

Oh my, and it's an NC item!!! That's... that's really bad. But again, they'd not have released something like this, especially not for cash, unless they had no other option. Rubbish NC items are the epitome of a waste of time, aren't they, because people aren't gonna buy 'em.

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh my, and it's an NC item!!! That's... that's really bad.

Right?! :laughingsmiley:

We would "understand" if it was NP. We're kind of used to get weird and/or sloppy things as NP Items. 

I truly wonder if anyone bought that Background... ever? :laughingsmiley:

---------------------> image.png.09d82c247b9ba929a79f9beca99a8d2e.png<---------------------

Resultado de imagem para friends omg janice gif

54 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Right?! :laughingsmiley:

We would "understand" if it was NP. We're kind of used to get weird and/or sloppy things as NP Items. 

I truly wonder if anyone bought that Background... ever? :laughingsmiley:

---------------------> image.png.09d82c247b9ba929a79f9beca99a8d2e.png<---------------------

Resultado de imagem para friends omg janice gif

?

Wait a minute, let us dig further here...

These cute little houses were inspired by the flowers in the meadows around it. This NC item was a prize for participating in the War Booty event.

image.png.368251d165370e9873bf492ebc0acde7.png

image.png.bd6754ece91b7ccbd95e53873e9e860e.png

image.png.ac6f8a0e02e1b22bfe05173a9936b874.png

Yeah, this were an item out of a chest, guarantee NO-ONE paid money for a 1-pack chest so they could get November 23rd's item! All those 200+ people got multi-packs, for sure. ?<span> 

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=war_booty  Hardly ANY of the prizes are decent, I feel there'll have been a LOT of disappointed people who bought a 20-pack. ?

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah, this were an item out of a chest, guarantee NO-ONE paid money for a 1-pack chest so they could get November 23rd's item!

That's not the most shocking thing about those numbers! Is that 3 people WANT IT :laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley::laughingsmiley:

35 minutes ago, aleu1986 said:

It makes me sad to think about how amazing Toy would have been in the old art style, the rocking horse Uni for example.. ?

I know right? :sad02:

Or Pteri's like Resultado de imagem para rubber duck

On 11/29/2019 at 7:28 AM, Yuiina said:

When I heard about the Toy color I immediately fantasied about Uni future version such as this:

Resultado de imagem para cavalo de madeira Resultado de imagem para cavalo de madeira

Exactly! Subeta also kind of went there with this one:

image.png.235aaa28f5dc6af7ec0554b0b7d94ce7.png

(Okay I'll stop promoting Subeta now, but in case any of you would like to try it out then please refer to me, thanks ?)

Also, about this:

On 11/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, jellysundae said:

It still haunts me 

image.png.e8444db3d5b59c39a0bd0e223c21afae.png

I'm almost completely sure they were going for ugly on purpose. I mean ????? They could have stopped at the popsicle trees, why copy and paste stock image flowers onto it??