Enter the Runway #91!

Nielo

I'm happy to report that I now have moderating powers, so I've finally been able to update the rules a little, and I made the screenshot guide a sticky thread. I also plan on updating the Hall of Winners, eventually, although that'll probably be a slow process. ?

Current theme: Memes
Description: Okay, I'll be honest here; this is one of those themes that's been on the list forever (or, at least, since before I took over from deb), and I have no clue how to describe it, as I honestly don't really know how to dress a pet up as a meme. But I'm hoping you guys will, as your entries are usually far more creative than mine ever were. So please, share your ideas, memes, and tips in this thread (but also let me know if you can't work with this theme at all). Or perhaps the person who originally suggested the theme is still around, and would like to elaborate on it. ? 
Edit: If you could include a link to/picture of your meme, that'd be awesome!
Entering period: Monday, November 25 - Sunday, December 1
Voting period: Monday December 2 - Sunday, December 8

If you have any questions about this round or the Runway in general, just post them here, or send me a message. :smile: 
Also: never hesitate to send me suggestions for future themes! (But if they're as broad as "internet memes", please describe what you have in mind. ? 
)

Oh wow this is definitely a fun and challenging theme!
I`ve been looking around on KnowYourMeme.com to get inspiration and have come up with two entries so far. This website gives you the origin and definition plus examples of each meme, very useful. They have a searchbar where you can type in keywords like cat, girl, lucky, etc.

You can use Meepit Vs Feepit Background or Swirl of Power Effect to make the background look like a color wheel (commonly used with older memes such as Socially Awkward Penguin).

Some memes can be easily replicated in a Neopian setting, like the one below. Blackboard/classroom, White Wocky with glasses and bow tie, chemistry set. ?

There are tons of memes, so I would suggest we supply an example together with our entry to demonstrate what the meme looks like and the meaning of it.

5ik8.jpg

1 hour ago, aleu1986 said:

There are tons of memes, so I would suggest we supply an example together with our entry to demonstrate what the meme looks like and the meaning of it.

Beat me to it! Yeah, I second that it would be worthwhile to have people include an example of their meme with their submission. Especially since there's so many/not all of us will get the references. So for example business cat:

BusinessCat.jpg

Screenshot_4.png

Happy to see that my Shrek won last week's contest xD

I'm excited to see the entries for this one!! I had a great idea for my entry Lolol can't wait for everyone to see it. 

Tried to add my trophy to my text post, lets see if it works!

Edit: yay, figured it out! lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

Ooh, now this is a fun idea, but yes, how to do! lol.

There's about a bazillion memes now isn't there xD If I manage an entry for this round it'll be very old skool by meme standards as they age by the dog years principle basically, don't they. They're classed as "old" when they're something from last year. Well... let's be fair here, the people who judge others for using an "old" meme are probably school/college age. But yeah, any meme I use is gonna be pre-historic by this niche's standards, because I've not taken any notice of them since they first started being a thing. So a def classic to look out for from me. xD

My biggest issue would be my borked brain allowing me to come up with a meme-like caption. Especially as it's now wanting me to try to create one for this guy!

image.png.dddc1e1d19c13367f7194521eba7a196.png

I mean seriously?? Is there ANY WAY i could make things any harder for myself??? ?‍♀️

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :D I knew you wouldn't disappoint. (I've already received 4 entries, which is a rarity for the first day!)

Adding an example of your meme is a great idea; I'll add that to the description of the theme. :smile:

(Oh, and while I don't really want to exclude any memes, I do strongly want to discourage anyone thinking of using Pepe the Frog, as he's mostly an alt-right icon at this point. ?)

5 minutes ago, Bookpony said:

Oh boy, I didn't realize Pepe had been corrupted...? Sorry about that suggestion!

No problem! (In fact, I'm jealous of the fact that you somehow didn't know this; I had never even heard of Pepe before the alt-right adopted him, and even my dad - who knows zero memes - knows Pepe, because the mainstream news articles he reads mentioned the Pepe + alt-right connection. XD So I can only applaud your internet habits! They're obviously more wholesome/less disturbing than mine. ?)

@jellysundae Oh my gosh, that's one of the ultimate best memes.? And I'm with you there. I'm in my late 20s, and already feel like an old fart who can't keep up with kids these days. I'll probably go for a bit of an older one too. 

@FreakyBowie GRUMPY CAT FOR LYFE!

She was my immediate first option actually, but the snark wasn't presenting itself, so I went for a different one. ?

Oh man...

I now feel compelled to try and create a different classic one. I will share it here if I have success so fair warning, lol.

Here you go, my first attempt at *intro music plays* GUESS THAT MEME!

medium_preview.png

A little trouble with the hair of this one, as, unsurprisingly, Neo doesn't have a greasy and unkempt pony-tail as an option. ?

This is fun! I had not idea what to make a meme out of and then trying to find a suitable pet to match the meme was exciting too! I can't wait to see everyone's entries!