Hi everyone!

sashawillis

Hello! I'm brand new to the forums, so I thought I would introduce myself in case anybody wants to chat! My UN is sashamwillis if you want to be neofriends.

My name is Sasha, and I am currently 26 years old. I have a pit bull / dalmatian mix named Cookie--she's the best ? I'm also in graduate school studying Human Factors Psychology. A lot of people haven't heard of what that is before and think it's similar to clinical or counseling psychology, but it's actually pretty separated from that. The easiest way I can describe it is the design side of engineering. My interests within the field are mostly related to perception, specifically visual perception and visual attention. If you want to hear more about what I do, I'd love to talk about it!

I've been playing neopets for about 16 years (what??? when did that happen), but it has been so much fun to return to the site and work on some goals that I thought were so impossible 10 years ago. Right now I'm working on my avatar count, which is at a healthy 237 right now. My goal is to finish out all of the obtainable avatars by the end of next year. If you're working on avatars too, let's chat! I'd love to hear about any tips and tricks that you use to get your count higher. Other than the obvious random event avatars that are in my daily rotation, I'm trying to work on the petpet rescue score one, but I can't seem to get past the second level grrr...

Anyway, that's me! Your turn now ?

Hi and welcome to the forum! Your study sounds interesting for sure!

As for me, I'm a long time neopets player myself (about 19 years) and have been collecting avatars myself. Best tip I can give you is the obvious practice the games. Play them again and again to improve your score. Also, some games it really helps to check for build in cheat codes or just watch a youtube video. Bartdrunkeys has some really good ones!

Hi Sasha! o/

Not sure it's a good idea me replying to this right now as I'm barely awake and my brain is like ......... so I don't think you're gonna get much out of me beyond hi. :blush02:

But still... hi!

Oh, and welcome. ?

Hi Sasha! I have been on Neopets for almost 6 years but remember when my mom used to play with my older siblings and would sit me on her lap to play with a Yellow Grarrl she got just for me and let me play some of the games and feed my Grarrl furniture and all kinds of things (but once I had him eat a codestone and my mom wasn't very happy about that experiment). She would have me find a "spot" in the clouds every day (when Faerieland was in the sky) and we would visit the Blue Grundo Plushie (TDMBGPOP) hanging in the tree before it really became a Daily. LOL Oh, I was probably 4 years old then and am a senior in high school now.

Your field of study sounds very interesting. I think I would like to become a lawyer but of course the first 4 years have to be in a "general" field-so I don't have that figured out right now.

You have 237 Avatars? Pretty impressive. I would also like to improve my Avatar count & Petpet Rescue is one of those that I want to work on too! LOL

Anyway, glad you announced yourself on TDN. The ppl here are great & always ready to help. Welcome!  krawk_welcome.gif So what Pets do you have? And what are your Dream Pets you wish to have?  gnorbu_greenwink.gif

Hello Sasha and welcome! ^_^

I loved your dog's name :heart: I'm also intrigued by how she might look! Never saw a mix of Pit Bull with Dalmatian :o 

Your field of study seems to be so interesting! Is it related, in any way, to explore new treatment methods? Or is it more directed to explore and discover new things about human beings? 

Hello there fellow 26 year old :P nice to meet you sasha! I'm kate :)

On 11/25/2019 at 3:05 AM, sashawillis said:

I have a pit bull / dalmatian mix named Cookie--she's the best ? 

this sounds SO cute. I'd love to see cookie if you're willing to show them! I've been wanting to get a pit bull myself once I'm all set and ready for a dog life-wise, but dalmatians have also always been a favorite. don't think I've ever seen them mixed though

On 11/25/2019 at 3:05 AM, sashawillis said:

Right now I'm working on my avatar count, which is at a healthy 237 right now. My goal is to finish out all of the obtainable avatars by the end of next year. If you're working on avatars too, let's chat! I'd love to hear about any tips and tricks that you use to get your count higher.

I'm mainly working on my ava count ever since I came back from my last hiatus as well - TDN's lending program sure helped a lot with that :D my final goal is 333, since I  thought that I could realistically reach that and it simply looks nice. not sure what I'll do once I've reached that and ever go over it by accident lol... but that will take some time so it's a future-kate problem :D 

Unfortunately I don't really have any tips in particular... I'd say choose a specific bunch and focus on those for a while until you move on to the next batch, that's at least how I've been doing it. I also added all the date-specific avas to my regular calendar so I won't miss them on the next rotation :P Lemme know how you're making progress!