Hey, everybody!

Bingo

I've been around for a couple of weeks and thought I should finally stop by and say hi! My name is Clara, I'm 24 years old (ouch) and I've been playing Neopets for almost 15 years (mostly on than off).

Technically I've been a member the TDN Forums for years now, but as an introvert I never thought it was the right time to start talking to people. Recently though, I'd been kinda sad that none of my old Neofriends play anymore, so I felt I needed that sense of community again. ? Thanks for still being around!

Nice to meet you Clara. I'm glad you decided to actively join our community. A lot of us here are (on and off) long time players, me included.

Hi Clara! o/

Well done on being brave enough to go for the intro post (I don't think I ever made one :ph34r:)

Seems the majority of people playing Neo are in their 20s and 30s now. Which makes sense considering the target market when Neo was at its advertising peak. I didn't start playing until I was 30, so I feel kind of like my mum or something with you all being a generation younger than me. ?

BUT, there's plenty my age and older playing too, we all wave our canes in disgruntlement at all this talk of most players being 35 or younger xD #getoffmylawn

Out of the little group of people on the Shenkuu board we're a pretty even split between Gen X and Millennial though, with at least one Baby Boomer thrown in too. I kind of think there's hardly ANY actual kids playing Neo these days but I do see teens on the boards.

heyo clara :) 

18 hours ago, Bingo said:

as an introvert I never thought it was the right time to start talking to people

I felt that one :D just ripping off the bandaid and start talking somewhere, like here, really helps. the TDN community is really welcoming as you can already see :) also, I'm 26 myself, so whatever! neo is still fun - even if sometimes unintentionally :D

hope you have a great time here!

Thank you, everybody! I've been enjoying spending some time here ? Everyone's been really friendly, so I'm relieved haha

I tried joining the Discord channel as well, but I didn't really know what to do around there so I kept my quiet ? Do you guys usually prefer staying on the forums, or on Discord?

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

3 minutes ago, Bingo said:

Thank you, everybody! I've been enjoying spending some time here ? Everyone's been really friendly, so I'm relieved haha

I tried joining the Discord channel as well, but I didn't really know what to do around there so I kept my quiet ? Do you guys usually prefer staying on the forums, or on Discord?

Discord is a nice place to chat. Maybe start by introducing yourself and go form there. Discord is more active some days than others. It all depends on who is available for chatting. ?