Hannah and the Lost Time Capsules Birthday Event Begins!

hrtbrk

It's time to celebrate Neopets 20th Birthday with a special event! Every day from November 11th - 15th, solve riddles to earn exclusive prizes that look back on the sites history as we help Hannah and Kanrik unleash the power of the Crystal that will restore balance to Neopia’s core.

Head to the Hub page, read the dialogue and click on the scroll for your first clue!

Visit every day for exclusive prizes at the end!

20thbdaycelebration.png

LOCATION GUIDE

((other answers posted in the Guide, as of my writing this)

Year 5: Kreludor - Neocola machine

Year 6:   "In a land filled with this year's tension,
Where a curse defies convention,
And did I forget to mention?
It lies within a shape that crosses the third dimension."
.....way too many curses for me to do more than guess.

Edit:   Of course, as soon as I post, figure it out.   Lost Desert - Pyramids

year 7:  "The City's marvels are a boon,
Its stone figures opportune,
Inside; where books lie strewn,
A Lenny could really use a broom!"

Altador - Altadorian Archives - library

Year 8: "Can you find this cool cat?
Who sees through stars but isn’t a Darblat?
She sells wares that she wears,
And has a scarf but might have trouble wearing a hat?

Central Bazzar - Uni's Clothing

Guide for Day 2 has been updated! Sorry for the delay everyone. I got busy with some chores and lost track of the time. Didn't help that the kitchen clock isn't showing the correct time anymore thanks to the time change. We've been too lazy to take it down and change the time. That's on my list for tomorrow! :D

The riddle for the Lost Desert clue's good. :D

The riddles are corresponding to the areas the capsules are in today, they really didn't seem to be yesterday so I got supremely confuzzled. ?

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

the 'cat' clue really stumped me, i had to look that one up

but hey, ive gotten a new snowglobe for my collection, so that's pretty great!

They were quite clever with that, the red herring of using the term cat so we're all looking for a Wocky or whatever. Sneaky devils. ?

'course they meant cool cat because of her ? and even that in the clue was mis-leading because I was thinking they meant something to do with astronomy!

Had a lightbulb moment in the end though. ?

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

They were quite clever with that, the red herring of using the term cat so we're all looking for a Wocky or whatever. Sneaky devils. ?

'course they meant cool cat because of her ? and even that in the clue was mis-leading because I was thinking they meant something to do with astronomy!

Had a lightbulb moment in the end though. ?

omg i forgot about wockies. i was looking for a kougra! lol 

Hmm, today's first riddle lead you by the nose somewhat! Hannah and Kanrik talking about Sloth as though he's long gone and never coming back though...

Ok, clue two easy too. Starting to feel a bit smug now. xD

Ooh, dunno about three, I suspect if I know a bit of Neo-lore I would, but I don't! ? *wanders about aimlessly*

Nah, gonna accept some assitance on this one! *reads guide* Oh! Clever, though... no fixed date doesn't seem right? I mean it's the same time every year.

Fourth... I have a gill... hahaha, yes, indeed you do! ?

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

my thought process for clue three was tyrannia. so close and yet so far.

I tried Darigan, so I made it even further away than you did. ?

Just now, GillyTook said:

So I did something silly, and skipped the dialogue figuring I could read it all this weekend when I had time.  Anyone know how to read it now?  I could have sworn clicking on the picture on the year bar got it for me once, but now that is not working.  Oops.

i did too , but i re-visited the page and it popped up again 

there's not much of a dialogue though :D 

i love how Fyora's Crown DOESN'T remove the Wig/Hair . that's a huge step forward !!

image.png.c0247341991797b5e60976aa19582d85.png

25 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

So I did something silly, and skipped the dialogue figuring I could read it all this weekend when I had time.  Anyone know how to read it now?  I could have sworn clicking on the picture on the year bar got it for me once, but now that is not working.  Oops.

Not sure how to find it for day 3, but for today (day 4)I was able to copy it and day 1 and 2 were also copied by jellyneo here.

H; I had no luck finding anything on "the light of a pure star"

K; Well, the least you could do is gather the rest of the capsules. Might at least give my death some meaning. "The thief who restored Neopia's core!" That'd look nice on a gravestone, don't you think?

H: I thought you didn't believe in it.

K: I'll take anything right now.

H: I have the next clue...
H; How are you feeling?

K; ... A little weak. My ears feel like they're on fire. It's really hard to stay awake.

H: Try standing up and spelling out your name. That always works for me.

K: K, A, N... This is stupid!

H: See. It works.

K: Three more clues left, Hannah. Don't waste your breath talking to me.

H: Right. I just want to say something first.

K: *Hard cough* Might wanna make it quick.

H: When I asked you to help me gather these capsules, I... Well... I didn't do it because I thought you were trustworthy or particularly good at finding things.

K: Well that's reassuring. *Violent cough*

H: No. What I mean is... I wanted you to help me because we're... friends.

K: Please don't make me laugh, Hannah. I don't think my throat can take it.

H: Alright. Stay your old self until the end. But I mean it. You never owed me anything, Kanrik.

K: Go on with your clue, Hannah.

H: Stay with me, Kanrik.

K: I... think the poison is making me delirious.

H: Just breathe...

K: I can read words on the crystal.

H: There aren't any words on the crystal. You're seeing things.

K: It says it's a "pure star". It's calling to me. Maybe if you unleash its power, it will--

H: Snap out of it!

K: That crystal IS the pure star's light. You believe me, don't you Hannah? You believe everything else.

H: It doesn't matter what I believe. More likely the poison wasn't enough. Your body is rejecting it and you're getting better.

K: No poisons get to this stage if they're fading. That clue. Forget about me and go get that capsule!

H: I... Okay...

K: K... A... N--

H: You can do it.

K: What was in that last capsule?

H: Wraith's breath.

K: Another poison. Figures.

H: Spell the rest of your name to me. You've got to try.

K: K, A... You know all that talking you did before. It made me realize that I've never had friends.

H: That's not true.

K: Oh I've shared a joke with another thief and been chummy with another Neopet every so often. But never someone I could really rely on. No one... except you.

H: Best of friends. Now stop talking like that. You're going to make it through this. You're at "N".

K: N... R... I... I'm not gonna make it, Hannah.

H: Yes you are. "K"! Come on. Say it.

K: ...

H: Kanrik?

H: ...

H: No... Kanrik!

H: Not now *cries*

H: *sniffs* No. You're not gone yet, Kanrik. Not while your heart's still beating. One more clue. You weren't deluded. The crystal... Maybe... Anything..."
It worked, Kanrik.

H: You're tired. That's fine.

H: Or you're gonna jump out at me. Surprise! Hannah, I'm alright."

H: I... I'm sorry, Kanrik. You'll always be such a big part of my life. Shadowy past or not. I wouldn't have traded it for Neopia.

H: ....

K: ...K.

Help!  I've never had trouble like this before, but i've also never done any battledoming ever.  I got the "personal gaming system" from AAA's revenge, but cannot get the one from the mystery island arena.  Have i not gone to the right place?  I've tried clicking all over, do I need to fight?  I would HUGELY appreciate any help, a link, thank you very much!

19 hours ago, Angeló said:

i love how Fyora's Crown DOESN'T remove the Wig/Hair . that's a huge step forward !!

I like how it actually fits Quiggles, too, it's not floating above their eyes like most head items do.

I wonder if they've put it on the static layer, that's where some head items have gone recently I think.

*checks*

Yeah, it is.

They've really made an effort to have this fit every pet well which is nice. It's gonna be the same conflict issues with painted pets whose shape differs to the regular one, but still, this is a level of job well done that JS doesn't usually manage so good for them. Yay, competence for once! ?

58 minutes ago, berriganify said:

^ a problem i've also noticed is that the capsules don't pop up unless you've viewed the clue first

I'm pretty sure that's not so much a problem, as it is intentional. While it's really nice that we've got guides like TDN's to tell us where the capsules are, the idea of the event is probably that you need to figure out the clue to know where to go. So to just have the capsules pop up without having read the clues would kind of defeat the point. Doing it this way also ensures you're finding the capsules in the order the story wants you to find them in. Reading the clue is the thing that triggers the appearance of the capsule; if it wouldn't, all capsules (well, 4 a day) would probably be released/available to find at the same time. They wanted to make it a bit of an event, with a storyline and everything; otherwise, they might as well have just dropped all 20 prizes directly into our inventories. ?

18 hours ago, Angeló said:

i did too , but i re-visited the page and it popped up again 

there's not much of a dialogue though :D 

image.png.c0247341991797b5e60976aa19582d85.png

I was excited to see this too! TNT has started zoning certain items as "static" so they stack on other items occupying that particular location. We are making progress!

This was a nifty event to celebrate Neopets' 20th Birthday and most of the clues I was able to figure out relatively quickly. So I'm glad they weren't super puzzling having us search all over Neopia. I also got a couple of gallery items so I'm happy.