Godori help?

Bingo

A hand is one round. Once you get the hang out of it, it's not that hard. Open up a guide that has all the extra collection points and just keep an eye on what cards you should collect for extra points. Sabotage your opponent when possible etc.

About how desperately you should play, Once you have a strategy and a good feel of the game, check how many hands you win on average in a game. Then just divide the amount of hands you need to get by the amount days you can play and divide that by the average amount of hands you win in a game. Round it up and play that many matches each day. Or just play as much as you can each day and just keep an eye on the wins.

I don't imagine I'll ever get the avatar, I love the game but I don't think I'd be able to manage the level of commitment needed to get the avatar. But having said that... @Duma's given me a smidgen of hope now. I'd clearly blanked on the fact that it was hands, and not games, that you had to win... ?

i got the avatar in 5 days ... but that's after i wasted so much time playing randomly and not knowing what im doing 

once you learn the "special" cards you can win much easier because you know what cards to "eat" 

I stopped trying to get this avatar because the game has convoluted rules, A game that hard to grasp is off-putting enough for me to stay away.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:06 AM, Duma said:

A hand is one round. Once you get the hang out of it, it's not that hard. Open up a guide that has all the extra collection points and just keep an eye on what cards you should collect for extra points. Sabotage your opponent when possible etc.

About how desperately you should play, Once you have a strategy and a good feel of the game, check how many hands you win on average in a game. Then just divide the amount of hands you need to get by the amount days you can play and divide that by the average amount of hands you win in a game. Round it up and play that many matches each day. Or just play as much as you can each day and just keep an eye on the wins.

Thank you so much!! I'll try that!
Thankfully as @Angeló mentioned, it's fairly easy to binge-play ?think I get what the game is about now; I've won 45 hands just yesterday, so off to a good start ✨

On 11/4/2019 at 9:35 AM, Robin Hood said:

I stopped trying to get this avatar because the game has convoluted rules, A game that hard to grasp is off-putting enough for me to stay away.

Oh but god, yes. Sometimes I finish the round with exactly the same points as my pet, and yet it counts as a hand won; sometimes in that very same situation, it doesn't. Whaaaat?

I was inspired by this thread to try for the avatar this month. After about 2 hours, I achieved 38 wins and a backache. Good start. I seem to understand it well enough to play it, but I don't know if I could explain it and make sense.

6 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

I was inspired by this thread to try for the avatar this month. After about 2 hours, I achieved 38 wins and a backache. Good start. I seem to understand it well enough to play it, but I don't know if I could explain it and make sense.

Wow! I'm at 72 wins (agreed, the backache is no joke) and thought I knew what I was doing, but I just found out I'd been focusing on the wrong cards all along. I wish it was a little more straightforward ?

Also, question (if anybody out there can answer): does Godori have the same rules as Go-Stop, or did Neo change them? I'd like to know who to blame

My progress so far. ?

image.png.0453877b1bd32326f677013261306ac6.png

17 down, 233 to go! :lmaosmiley:

I DID manage a fave move of mine yesterday, which was getting all 5 world cards. ?

@Bingo I don't know if Neo altered the rules, but I don't see why they would have?

As far as I know Godori has the same rules as Go-Stop. Godori is actually just another name for Go-stop. From Wikipedia: " Go-Stop, also named Godori is a Korean card game "

The cards are neopets themed but that's about it.

1 minute ago, Bingo said:
Something Has Happened!
godori.gif You are now eligible to use 'Godori' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Totally sprinted it in the last two days like a mad person ? I am possibly gonna have nightmares about Godori for days now ?

Well done!

I need to get today's hands in! D:<

Thank you! It wasn't so bad ? Good job so far! Do you have a daily goal you're trying to meet?

Also I'm totally making this up in my head, but I feel it got a lot easier once I switched my active pet? ? My Yurble was super lucky and I wasn't getting any hands against her, so I switched to my Shoyru and his cards were always pretty bad AHAHAH

2 hours ago, Bingo said:

Thank you! It wasn't so bad ? Good job so far! Do you have a daily goal you're trying to meet?

Also I'm totally making this up in my head, but I feel it got a lot easier once I switched my active pet? ? My Yurble was super lucky and I wasn't getting any hands against her, so I switched to my Shoyru and his cards were always pretty bad AHAHAH

I didn't set myself daily goals as I knew I'd let myself down. ? I just want to gain some each day, yesterday wasn't very many at all, I'd wanted to hit 100, but I'll definitely (hopefully!) manage that today.

In this game I am currently wiping the floor with my active pet, he does get me back for that though!

image.png.8988ec4aaf5eac5ece4ece85733c221d.png

Strategy doesn't exist in my world though, it's purely down to luck, lol. Maybe I'll try against another pet, I'm intrigued by this idea. ?

On 11/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, jellysundae said:

Strategy doesn't exist in my world though, it's purely down to luck, lol. Maybe I'll try against another pet, I'm intrigued by this idea. ?

My strategies were all pretty random, I think ? Besides relying on my Shoyru's lack of luck (poor thing), I was basically always going for the Worlds and flying petpet cards even if they probably wouldn't help me at all that round. Even after playing that much, I don't think I totally get the game... Sometimes I was sure I was crushing it, then looked at my score and it was like... 2.

Also, sometimes I would play a card on a blank space and it would attach itself to another (totally unrelated) card and I would capture it?? Is that a bug?? I just assumed it was ?

There are bugs, that's for sure. I've had it that I got misled with the cards too. Thinking it was still there while in fact it wasn't etc. Can't recall it too well anymore but I did sometimes just refresh the page to make sure no cards were bugged.