Welcome to November!

hrtbrk

TDN welcomes you to the month of November!

welcometo-nov.jpg

Links: Home | Battlepedia | Customization | Neoavatars | Forums

This month, we have these events:

• Slorg Day on November 3rd
  • The Pteri Flying Championships on November 8th
  • Vandagyre Day on November 12th
  • Neopets' Birthday on November 15th
  • The Usul Skiing Season Begins on November 27th
  • Xweetok Day on November 29th

sch_fallleaf_pen.giffoo_fallsprinkel_cupcake.gifinst_autumnguitar.gif

Other things to do: Dailies | Monthly Freebies | Faerie Crossword | Pet Transfers

Okayyy...

image.png.789dcc4b5a1f736a9aa38acb773b395f.png

Bit of back-sliding with the culinary choices this month!

I'm intrigued by the chip butty. I mean I'm looking at the pic and wondering why there's only one slice of bread. A butty is a regional name for a sandwich,  so what gives?

The description sheds light...

1186.gif?350Hot buttered toast, topped with chips, then smothered with tomato sauce!

Interesting! Bearing in mind that this item dates from when Adam and Donna were surely still students, and this would have most definitely been the kind of stuff they were eating, especially when rolling in at 2:30 after stopping at the Chippy on the way home. ?

See, nothing from Wikipedia about this fancy-pants chips-on-toast nonsense! xD

VHs36sK.jpg

Just got no idea why other countries think British food is terrible. *poker face*

Capture2.PNG.5e5204b5931515baaa66725127479cb0.PNG

I would eat the Jelly Cereal and Strawberry Artichoke, but the other three things... I'll give a hard pass.

Add some spinach, lettuce, and dressing to that strawberry artichoke! Now that is good eating!

59 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Well @jellysundae, I blame you :D 

?

MEAN!!

Pretty sure I've never eaten a chip butty in my life. ?

Now crisps in a sandwich...

image.png.72cbafe2f4a91541c045397175b64bfa.png

that's an entirely different matter and happened a LOT with my sarnies at school. :D  Anyone else do this?? Messy, crunchy, delicious!

@Angeló they look so much better in flat bread!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

that's an entirely different matter and happened a LOT with my sarnies at school. :D  Anyone else do this?? Messy, crunchy, delicious!

I tried couple of times, it's indeed yummy! :dance: But that was it! I don't remember doing it outside my youth.

And neopets gave it to my baby! How reckless :hmmph:

45 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I don't remember doing it outside my youth.

Yeah, it definitely seems to be something limited to school lunches etc. xD Maybe it's much the same as when you're a kid and have ketchup on something like macaroni cheese you stir it in and turn the whole dish pink. Wait...that dollop of jam on rice pudding too... ALWAYS gotta stir that in!

A sign of growing up when you no longer feel the need to do this. ? Of course I'm aware that some of you guys don't eat this kind of stuff, do you have any equivalents?

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

i've had it in some sandwich restaurants in Egypt

in Lebanon we used to do it with the Thyme Man'oushe 

I'm seeing a trend here! Two dishes of your good local food, with some deep fried potato added just because, basically. xD

I am looking forward to Vandagyre Day, Xweetok Day and Neopets Birthday this month! :D
I really hope Vandagyre gets a clothed colour (such as Desert, Pirate or Steampunk) and something a bit simpler, like Candy or Toy.. perhaps something basic that`s easy to customize, such as Brown or Pink.