Neopets Halloween Costume Contest Begins!

hrtbrk

Is it the first time that such a contest takes place? :O 

Even if I won't participate, I think it's a great event ^_^ I'm sure the Neopets community will love it.

Pity that they're not giving attention to the oldest contests and uploading the recent winners accordingly for example.

And most importantly, not changing the Customization Contest! 

Since a lot of the money they earn comes from customization, I believe it would be wise if they upgraded it. 

Does face paint count as a mask, or does it have to be a regular mask? Incidentally, do you have to enter every theme, or can you pick and choose?

Edited by WhiteWolf
Had another question

I did NOT like Round 9's "topic" today: 

Geeks Wear Glasses

Everyone knows that geeks wear glasses, and evil scientists have pointed hair. There’s the annoying little brother and the know-it-all sister. What character stereotype will you dress your Neopet as?
Date : 02nd Nov 2019

Stereotypes? Really? Aren't we supposed to NOT stereotype now? Please don't tell me there are 'positive' stereotypes bc I thought we were supposed to just treat everyone equally & not make generalizations. ?

So this is what my siblings & I did.

2.png Mintmilanos entered their Baby Aisha, BAHBALUU  , & wrote: Stereotypes: All Babies are cute!

2.png Moonlit_danaa entered her Pirate Draik, Drago_Silvermaine , wearing a Blonde Wig, & wrote: Dumb Blonde? I think NOT!

2.png Hexagon_dragon (Baby) entered her Robot Kacheek,azula___n_n, & wrote: Robots will take away jobs? Only if YOU input it!

2.png I entered Kokariia & wrote: Stereotypes: Old Dog?! NEVER stop learning!

I was asking my guild buddies & thought I'd ask friends here at TDN too to hurry and submit an Entry to BUST A MYTH and say NO to stereotyping! THANKS!

11/10/2019

So I wrote an article to The Neopian Times to tell them how horrible their 'category' of stereotyping was in the Neopets Costume Contest. bori_writing.gif 

Still haven't heard from them.  square_aishaglasses.gif Did see their "Note" about Extra! Extra! The Neopian Times will return next week with a very exciting birthday issue!

I know they're busy but it's kind of important... scorchio_yellow_bored.gif We shall see! wocky_wink.gif 

Edited by midnight_spell360
Updating my campaign to end stereotyping on Neopets

@midnight_spell360 Good for you and your fam!

Yeah, this is an odd category choice, it's a shame they didn't take it a step further like you have, and make it anti-stereotypes.

@midnight_spell360 I read this yesterday but I was sleep deprived and didn't understand it .. 

I just noticed that JS/TNT are actually encouraging stereotyping !

WAY TO GO Lil'Bro .. FIGHT THE SYSTEM !!!

• 4 weeks later...