Legend & Letters - Update - Can Now Link Neo Account

Scoobert_Doo

Legends & Letters has been updated to version 1.11.0. With the update, you CAN, now, link your Neopets account to it. There is, also, a new feature, "Challenge of Challengs":

Take on the challenge of challenges! Defeat daily challenges and the grand challenge at the weekend to earn rewards and bonuses for both your Legends & Letters profile and your Neopets.com account if you have one linked!

To link your Neopets account within the Legends & Letters mobile app, click on the gear/cog icon, located in the top, right corner of the app. In "Settings", there should be a button, to link your Neopets account. Enter your Neopets user name and password. Make sure to read the info about linking your account, first, though. Unfortunately, I didn't copy that first, and I linked my account, earlier this evening.

Take a look at this topic, here, on the Legends & Letters Neoboard, for various daily prizes:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=160185134

It seems some items are "no trade", but not all, from the "Sturdy Chest" won, and "given" to your Neopets.com account. It seems you may be able to get new "badges", and, possibly, an avatar, but I cannot confirm, at this time. (When I logged in, today, there was a "pop-up" for the new challenges, and badges and avatars were mentioned.)

WARNING: It seems Neopets.com accounts that are more than 18 characters long, are getting the characters, starting with the 19th one, cut off, and aren't receiving the prizes on Neopets. If that has happened to you, the suggestion is to open a support ticket by emailing [email protected].

So far, I haven't completed or received any of the "new" challenges. I still had two "old" daily quests to complete, which I did, today, but guess I'll find out in 11 hours. Concerned that I may not get the "grand challenge", for this weekend.

Anyhow, I'm a bit more excited about this app! I was playing, and there have been changes made, but I wasn't "fully" into it.

What do you think? Comments?

20 minutes ago, Angeló said:

what happens if we link it to our account ?

??

NOT that I have zero faith in this working properly, ofc.  Just, ya know, TNT... :whistle:

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

what happens if we link it to our account ?

do we get items in our inventory or something like that ?

Yes, there are daily quests that you complete to unlock a Weekend quest. You get chests for each daily quest that you complete and then a big final prize on the weekend, which appears to include an avatar and stamp.

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

??

NOT that I have zero faith in this working properly, ofc.  Just, ya know, TNT... :whistle:

Can confirm it works just fine... so far anyway :D 

14 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Can confirm it works just fine... so far anyway :D 

Great stuff! I mean with something this big you'd really hope it would, wouldn't you. Also it's possibly not an in-house build, anyway? But you can't help adding that little fingers crossed caveat can you. ?

As someone who doesn't have a smartphone I'm feeling a bit of FOMO about this now. ?

15 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

Played yesterday but it is complex; I'm fine on the Scrabble bit but lost and floundering on a lot else, lol. And yes, I read some guides; just confused.

This placates me! So me and my addled brain would likely not have much chance with this, so I feel better now. ☺️

Hearing as there's an avatar to be won I went ahead and searched for a way to play it too. I've got the first three No Trade items in my SDB. Lets see how far I can get with this game before I get stuck like Ghoul Catchers.

I'm not really good with word games because I have too many different languages in my head, the moment I see a word in another language my brain flips over to that language instead of staying on English lol. Sometimes I'll just randomly put letters on the board to see if they make a word or not.

If you do get "stuck" you can always level up by replaying easier levels, so that's good. The cards you get after completing it can be used to level even faster. Also, make sure to check out the special abilities. Sometimes you'll get a helper that can heal your whole team!

3 hours ago, Duma said:

Hearing as there's an avatar to be won I went ahead and searched for a way to play it too. I've got the first three No Trade items in my SDB.

Can you tell me how you did that? I've been trying to play it via an Android emulator for Mac.. but I'd need an APK of the latest version.

I assume you're Dutch or Flemish. Since I guess we're the only countries left out because of that stupid gacha thing.

1 hour ago, AllTimeMarr said:

Can you tell me how you did that? I've been trying to play it via an Android emulator for Mac.. but I'd need an APK of the latest version.

I assume you're Dutch or Flemish. Since I guess we're the only countries left out because of that stupid gacha thing.

You need both the apk and a vpn app. I found the latest version very easily with a simple google search. Just include apk in the search. If you don't have a vpn app yet you could download a free one like proton vpn.

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

can someone please post a link to a guide ? 

i don't know how to level up etc

To level up you just play the levels, click on world and pick the last one unlocked. If you get better cards you can always change your team. To level up faster you can just use the cards you don't need. I'm not sure if their is or isn't a guide somewhere. Haven't searched for one. The more stars your word has, the more damage you do. The counting down numbers show how many more rounds it takes before the special move unlocks. Once you defeated them all, the next level unlocks. Just keep playing as the tutorial showed. I don't know if replaying level one guides you through the tutorial again or not but it's worth a try.

1 hour ago, Duma said:

To level up faster you can just use the cards you don't need

yeah i didn't understand how this one works

also theres smthg called ascending which i didn't quite understand ?

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

yeah i didn't understand how this one works

also theres smthg called ascending which i didn't quite understand ?

The ascending is to get more stars and get stronger that way. On the "general" tab you can also just level up by using cards.

I haven't done the ascencion yet since i used up all the right cards so I'm not sure yet how exactly it works. I'll try as soon as i get another earth card since i need at least one of those for my pet and i dont feel like wasting stuff yet for the rest of the team. Not until i get defeated everytime anyway.

Edit: i just tried but it appears they need to reach max level first before they can ascend. So after reaching lvl 10 (your pet, not yourself) you can ascend it to two stars, you go back to lvl one when you do. For the third star you'll need to get to lvl 15 first etc.

To level up, you basically 'eat' the spare cards, lol. Click on the character in your party and click train, then absorb the cards you don't want by clicking on them. Costs coins too. Hit level ten and you ascend to the next stage and start from one again. I think.

The items are random but I got the avatar and the trophies as well. The avatar doesn't count for your avatar count though.

It will be a reoccurring event, so if you missed it you'll get another shot at it. I really wish I'll get the stamp next time since the items are No Trade at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

This makes me sad, because I can't see I'm ever gonna be able to do this. No smart phone, and a very unsmart brain now doesn't make it seem very likely, does it. ?