This is SO satifying! xD

jellysundae

https://imgur.com/gallery/FkGpO03

? Video

image.png.67b65a82ea1e67f67fc5d8d76ed2da61.png

This is a clip of some guy totally taunting a mosquito and I'm not the slightest bit mad about it. ?

It's a persistent little devil, too. ?

Most female mosquitoes need blood in order to lay eggs. But they carry so much disease that this doesn't make me feel bad for it in the slightest.

I'm sure scientists etc. will say insects have no emotions, no existential angst from your average mosquito... but seriously how do they know?? Just wondering what it must be like to be such a vilified creature. ?

They're really not much of a problem here in the UK, in 2008 we had so much rain, all summer long, there was widespread flooding over much of the country, and there was a LOT of mozzies that year. I opened my front door and there's was hundreds of 'em all over the wall in my bit of corridor. o_o I vaccuumed them all up, didn't know how else to get rid of them. ? Bet the fish will have loved it though, all the eggs/larvae to eat.

I guess because we're a modest-sized island we don't have anywhere near the amount, variety  or size of insects that you guys on larger landmasses do.

Just now, jellysundae said:

I'm sure scientists etc. will say insects have no emotions, no existential angst from your average mosquito... but seriously how do they know?? Just wondering what it must be like to be such a vilified creature. ?

They're really not much of a problem here in the UK, in 2008 we had so much rain, all summer long, there was widespread flooding over much of the country, and there was a LOT of mozzies that year. I opened my front door and there's was hundreds of 'em all over the wall in my bit of corridor. o_o I vaccuumed them all up, didn't know how else to get rid of them. ? Bet the fish will have loved it though, all the eggs/larvae to eat.

I guess because we're a modest-sized island we don't have anywhere near the amount, variety  or size of insects that you guys on larger landmasses do.

To be honest, I have yet to see the mosquito that's in therapy from someone swatting at it.

3 minutes ago, DesertRose said:

To be honest, I have yet to see the mosquito that's in therapy from someone swatting at it.

? Exactly! But unless there's some Mosquito Whisperer out there we're never likely to know, are we.

I do think the fact that the average mosquito isn't found near a couch unless a warm-blooded creature is lying on it is pretty telling though. ?