Rediscovering Neopets

afernau

Hi there!

I first came across Neopets close to 20 years ago and then lost my beloved account during a password breach. I created a new account back in 2013, but was still very bitter about the loss of my original account. I rediscovered my love for the site back in May and have been hooked (again) ever since. I've always used TDN for it's resources and figured I might as well join the community in the forums! Happy to be back!

hey there, welcome back :)

sorry to hear you were affected by the data breach back then, I can imagine how bummed out you must have been about such an old account..

when you said you've been back since may I just realized that I have been back from my latest hiatus for almost a YEAR now :D so yeah, it's crazy how addictive neo can be, even these days! what goals are you currently working on?

also feel free to shoot me a friend invite on neo if you feel like it :) always nice to see someone around from the forums here!

Just sent you an invite! ^_^

I'm dabbling with the Battledome this time around and trying to learn about parts of the site that were above my head when I was younger (Restocking, Food Club, Stock Market, stuff like that). I didn't realize back then how sophisticated the whole site is, so much to offer!

My biggest goal had been to replace my Chokato Kiko and now that I have her, I'm working towards getting the avvie to match her!

What are some of your goals?

Hey! Welcome back! I'm a childhood player (don't have my original account though, it still exists but I can't be bothered putting in a ticket for lost password/email and also the username is a lil embarrassing haha). I came back on and off throughout the years but have been consistent now since December 2017. It helps that one of my fiance's best friends is into it so I have someone to enjoy it with. 

I'm going to add you too ^_^

Hello there and welcome back! ^_^

I think that most of the current neopets players are in your/our situation. 

9 hours ago, afernau said:

I'm dabbling with the Battledome this time around and trying to learn about parts of the site that were above my head when I was younger (Restocking, Food Club, Stock Market, stuff like that). I didn't realize back then how sophisticated the whole site is, so much to offer!

Exactly! When I was back from my long hiatus I started to realize how complete this site is! Pity that they didn't upgrade some features yet!

10 hours ago, afernau said:

I didn't realize back then how sophisticated the whole site is, so much to offer!

I'm seconding this too! Neo's almost wasted on kids I think, unless they stay with it and branch out into other areas as they get older.

Glad you've got back into it though.  I did the same myself and haven't looked back since.  :D

7 hours ago, gypsyknees said:

don't have my original account though, it still exists but I can't be bothered putting in a ticket for lost password/email

Same situation here, exactly, lol.

Actually I DID send a ticket in several years ago which never got looked at, but I'm not sure what I'd gain by getting that account back. Not bothered about the pets, I'd only want my account name back (jellysundae), and I guess the smugness of having an old account, lol. Plus being able to get the Battledome Veteran avatar with it. But I'm too invested in my new account now to want to go back to my old one. The thought of having to re-earn all my avatars (plus the plot ones that I'd not be able to get) is just... ?

I remember right after I got frozen I had put a ticket in and also never heard back, but same here, I've moved on with my new account (although I do miss my Meerca Chase avvie).

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm seconding this too! Neo's almost wasted on kids I think, unless they stay with it and branch out into other areas as they get older.

I was trying to explain this to my husband the other day because he thinks it's just another one of my silly games. I was telling him how the site basically has it's own economy with inflation and whatnot, haha! I did get my sister and her friend back into the game though, we used to play Keyquest all the time. Hopefully that feature gets up and running soon!

Nice to meet everyone so far, glad to see Neo is still going strong!