Birthday cupcakes query

jellysundae

So it's Gen's birthday today.

4.png Happy birthday girly! ?

I've finally set reminders on my laptop to collect the birthday cupcakes, go me, lol. So I got hers, it was a toss-up between yellow and blue for strength or defence increase. I went for yellow because no cake should be blue, lol.

at this point I have to show what a cruel Neo-parent I am, because I take these cupcakes away and give them to Tate. 3.png You can see he's quite happy about this!

Oh, BUTTT...

image.png.1d0c39a035bf6198a342287f887210f5.png

Wha??

I've not had this before, and I've most DEFINITELY fed Tate other pet's cupcakes before.

Now I can't guarantee that I'd also fed him his own, mind...

Does anyone know if this message means you can only feed your pet one of these cakes in any 12 month period.

OR

If it's one of each COLOUR per year that this is meaning?

I can't find anything about this in guides. ?

they changed it so that each pet can eat one cupcake a year, color of cupcake doesn't matter. So you either give it to the birthday pet or you save them in your SDB for a year you forget to collect one. This is the way they chose to prevent people creating/adopting and pounding pets just for cupcake harvests.

1 hour ago, Duma said:

they changed it so that each pet can eat one cupcake a year, color of cupcake doesn't matter. So you either give it to the birthday pet or you save them in your SDB for a year you forget to collect one. This is the way they chose to prevent people creating/adopting and pounding pets just for cupcake harvests.

Ah!

Ok, that makes sense. I know people have done things like trawl Lost and Pound for pets celebrating their birthday to get the cupcakes, so I can understand them doing this.

No cake for you till November then, Tate, sorry! ?

Gen's laughing now...

giphy.gif

revenge!  ?

Oh my gosh this is amazing and also sad.  I see theyve managed to stop people from abusing cupcakes and the pound. But also so sad cause I always gave all the cupcakes to my battle pet ?

4 hours ago, Duma said:

they changed it so that each pet can eat one cupcake a year, color of cupcake doesn't matter.

That's incorrect. When I made Blatzley about 4 months ago, I fed her a cupcake. About a month ago, I fed Blatzley a different cupcake that I got on MissBubbles2's birthday.

If it's not letting you feed the cupcake to your pet, that means you fed that same cupcake to that pet within the past year.

22 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

That's incorrect. When I made Blatzley about 4 months ago, I fed her a cupcake. About a month ago, I fed Blatzley a different cupcake that I got on MissBubbles2's birthday.

If it's not letting you feed the cupcake to your pet, that means you fed that same cupcake to that pet within the past year.

Are you sure? I don't know when they changed it, but I picked a blue cupcake in July (at my BD's pet birthday) and fed it to my bday girl. Then picked a yellow one with another pet's bday (August 6th), tried feeding it to my BD pet and it said I could only feed it one. Hence my conclusion.

4 minutes ago, Duma said:

Are you sure? I don't know when they changed it, but I picked a blue cupcake in July (at my BD's pet birthday) and fed it to my bday girl. Then picked a yellow one with another pet's bday (August 6th), tried feeding it to my BD pet and it said I could only feed it one. Hence my conclusion.

I'm absolutely positive. I just fed a pink and a yellow birthday cupcake to a pet on my alt to make sure. It might be that you fed one of those colors to that pet within the past year and you don't remember. It's hard to keep track of that.

I'll give it another try then, my pets come out of the motel in 2 days and I have a blue and yellow in my SDB. I'm pretty sure I fed it blue on it's own birthday as I was still working on defense training but I'll just try with both. Can't feed it HP cupcakes since that would require me to train level and I'm already stuck at 3 reds so don't want to pay 4 reds just for a test XD

• 2 months later...

And so it's Tate's birthday today, and which cupcake do I choose?? 

Not the yellow one seems to be all I can settle for here. ?

Thing is, he's right on the cusp of switching to red codestones; he's training right this second for level 250... so no cupcake-eating for him today no matter what!

image.png.dca46e9105b39adad2ceaa826d480bda.png

Unless...

Once he hits level 250 will he be able to do the last 2 points of training for strength, defence and HP? Or will he be booted out of the Academy?

Either was he's not getting his cupcake until he graduates. ?