PSA : Flash Player Not Loading (14 August 2019)

Angeló

I know this is an old issue with Chrome clashing with Flash Player , especially now that Chrome stopped supporting Flash entirely.

A new issue of Flash not loading on Chrome arose today due to the latest Chrome Update. It happened to me and several other players as well.

The solution is to un-install and re-install Flash Player.

Funny thing happened is that Chrome refused to go to the Flash Player Download Page from the Google search , and I had to go to it through the main Adobe website (at the bottom by clicking open in new tab) .. I don't know if this intentional or not.

• 4 weeks later...

So after today's Firefox update I'm having to allow Flash every time, same as Chrome, the check box to allow it every time on a particular site is no longer there.

BQCYwqj.jpg

*leaves Wheel of Mediocrity tab open from now on*

Actually, I'll pin it, that should hopefully solve things!

On 9/6/2019 at 6:56 AM, jellysundae said:

So after today's Firefox update I'm having to allow Flash every time, same as Chrome, the check box to allow it every time on a particular site is no longer there.

BQCYwqj.jpg

Yep. It's deliberate. Part of Firefox's "road map", for depreciating Flash. New, for Firefox, version 69. I do miss the "Always Activate", though.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:56 AM, jellysundae said:

BQCYwqj.jpg

Not me. I clicked Allow once, now every game loads normally.

I hope the HTML5 conversion happens sooner rather than later. Flash is horribly outdated and has major security risks.

This issue with Flash is basically the same as the problem with single use plastics right now, isn't it. There's really no alternative available, so making it harder and harder to keep using the thing isn't achieving anything useful. : /

Browsers are being too aggressive about this, I think.