Daily Dare Has Begun!

Emily

yVcjUZT.png

Well considering speed is entirely useless, I'll take the plushie. It looks nice! ?

If anyone is wondering my strategy I used to beat AAA, I do a backflip off of the first ramp, try to get as many coconuts as I can, and finish the first level.

On level 2, there's these grooves near the beginning of the level. It's really easy to do a front wheelie in them without moving by just tapping the right key.

I do a front wheelie in that groove until the time runs down to a second or two (make sure to land it before the time is out), and repeat until I'm out of coconuts.

yOrqmWQ.png

Once I have 0 coconuts, I complete level 2. It's not too difficult once you get the hang of it. ?

On level 3, I go to the far right and once again, I do front wheelies.

3nw2vzN.png

You move around a bit over there, but if you're careful, you should be able to maintain a front wheelie by carefully tapping the right arrow.

I keep going to that spot and doing front wheelies until I run out of coconuts. Doing the wheelie again over there when I had 0 coconuts got me a final score of 905. ?

Good luck everyone, and I hope this mini guide helps someone! :D

3 hours ago, Nielo said:

you can just challenge them in the same tab as the game

Yes you can . that's what i did today .. there's a small button to the right that lets you choose AAA or Abi .. just click it and send your ready-to-send score 

yOrqmWQ.png

Yes , I noticed this groove where you can do wheelies , but I prefer to stay at the start of the level :D 

Edit : I collected some more coconuts and went to that part of Level 2 and doing Wheelies there is so much easier (i could get 55-60 points from each wheelie) and smashed my previous record .. now I got about 950 points .. so , yeah .. it's definitely doable 

I just rode down the first hill in 1-1 hit the brake so I wasn't moving then started doing wheelies. Around 5 seconds I landed to get my points then did a nose dive on to the ground just before the timer ran out. You get 5 points for every second. So as long as you do wheelies of at least 1 seconds it won't matter if you do a lot of 1 second wheelies or longer lasting ones. Eventually the game will keep saying you did a 15 second wheelie even though it was longer but you will get all your points.

Maybe the only differnce is that it might be faster with longer ones as you won't have to start a new wheelie, but on the other hand it is harder to maintain your balance.

If you do wheelies at a spot that's easy for you in level 1-1 and collect more coconuts by going to the next level when you start to run out, Then repeat this in level 1-2 and every other level. You might get a LOT of points. I had 1400 something and quit the game, I wasn't even game over. I could have continued for a long time, depending on how many levels there are.

@Nielo that's definitely a good idea. I did that, however I only scored about 200 points after several tries, and I was just not in for that investment of time and nerves to try and get the higher score :D If I would have known about that trick hint before, I might have given it a try, but it's all good. I'm really just participating for the fun of it :)

Day 4 ✓

Snowball Fight

This was the easiest challenge so far for me , I just played it a couple days ago and got 580 points or so ... but today I got nervous and barely managed 455 points :D 

There's not much to the game really .. just watch the wind (the falling snow changes direction) and go for the Polarchucks every few turns .. don't rush anything .. because if you rush you'll start hitting the Faeries and missing the Pets ... just relax and breathe and shoot ..

I always try to beat AAA at least once, so I can get the silver/mid level trophy and prizes. Most of the time, I just challenge Abigail, unless it`s a game I know I can do well at.
Jellyneo`s game guides helps a lot too, they always have useful tips and tricks. ?

Today`s game is Snowball Fight, a game I often play for fun, so I am counting on getting my AAA score for this one! (EDIT: Was able to beat his score on my second try. Silver trophy for me, yay!)

2 hours ago, mairead123 said:

Wheelers wild ride was no more successful than Ugga Ugga Smash but at least I beat AAA's score on the snowball fight! But then it is one of my favourite games and there's no time limit on it.

it not having a time limit is the BEST! I got the AAA score on my very first try playing :)

... nice little ego push after that coconut-carrying-tony-hawk-wannabee-this-is-not-even-slightly-fun-disappointment...

This one took me a bit, but I got exactly 450. Glad I was able to get AAA's score!

Spoiler Alert! In case anyone is wondering, I found this list of this year's Daily Dare games, on the Site Events Neoboard:

#1: Destruct-O-Match III
#2 (TEAM): Ugga Smash
#3: Wheeler's Wild Ride
#4: Snowball Fight
#5: Sutek's Tomb
#6: Ultimate Bullseye II
#7: Shenkuu Tangram
#8: Bumble Beams
#9 (TEAM): Wingoball
#10: Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway
#11: Barf Boat
#12: Sophie's Stew
#13: Caves & Corridors
#14: Meepit Juice Break
#15: Hasee Bounce
#16 (TEAM): Petpet Cannonball
#17: Carnival of Terror
#18: Gwyl's Great Escape
#19: Jumpin' Gem Heist
#20: Nova Defender

I really can't believe Jumpin' Gem Heist made the list, though. That game is known to "freeze", after reaching a certain point, in the game. So, hopefully, AAA's score isn't too high. Otherwise, be perpared, just in case.

yay for sutek's tomb being in daily dare! was able to beat AAA, so two days in a row :)

is it possible / confirmed that the avatar for beating AAA 15 times during daily dare is going to be available this year again like it was last year? that would actually be a motivation to step up my efforts :D

I was very happy to see Sutek for DD too! I managed to beat AAA with my first game. Only just, mind, lol, and after having used the time cheat, but still, beat him. ?

6 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

yay for sutek's tomb being in daily dare! was able to beat AAA, so two days in a row ?

is it possible / confirmed that the avatar for beating AAA 15 times during daily dare is going to be available this year again like it was last year? that would actually be a motivation to step up my efforts :D

As far as I know, that hasn't been confirmed. I think it surprised most people when it became available last year (at least, that's how I remember it). So you could always try to aim for 15 AAA challenges this year, but there's a good chance there won't be an avatar. (Or that the requirements for it changed again.) Hard to tell at this point.

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I was very happy to see Sutek for DD too! I managed to beat AAA with my first game. Only just, mind, lol, and after having used the time cheat, but still, beat him. ?

Day 5 

i wasn't as happy .. because my HS was only 3000 , but i managed to beat AAA on my 4th or 5th try after hanging around the 2000's for too long ... i had a great game , but i wasn't going for the Trophy .. 

19 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

s it possible / confirmed that the avatar for beating AAA 15 times during daily dare is going to be available this year again like it was last year? that would actually be a motivation to step up my efforts :D

i could swear there was a Question about it in last week's NT in which Jade confirmed the avatar is coming back .. but I can't find it anymore .. maybe they removed it !!!

Whew! Finally beat AAA's score for Sutek's Tomb. I have no idea how I got the avatar for that one! I didn't think it'd take me this long. Guess I'm rusty.

As far as the Daily Dare avatar coming back for this year, I hope so, at least for JS/TNT's sake:

Hello TNT, I was wondering if the Gamemaster AAA avatar is going to be awarded every year at the Daily Dare from now on, or was it just an one time thing last year? I was wondering as I have done every DD since I joined but couldn't do last years' for several reasons and would love for that avatar to be awarded every year. Thanks~~witfer
Fret not, the Gamesmaster AAA avatar is making a comeback as an annual avatar.

That was from The Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 857, 22 day of Awakening, Y21 (22 February, 2019), Question #2:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=857

If they don't honor that, then grab your bag of ?, and see the reaction on the Neoboards...

Day 6 

My HS in Ultimate Bullseye is 144  .. I remember getting extremely lucky for the avatar with 2 balloons in one target ..

i thought 70 is easy peasy but nop .. i played and I missed everything .. I am extremely rusty :D but i got the hang of it after a few tries and ended up with a Balloon , Fire Hoop and 3 Arrow - shot .. which landed me a score of 126 .. 

my AAA streak continues .. but until when ? :D

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

That was from The Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 857, 22 day of Awakening, Y21 (22 February, 2019), Question #2:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=857

If they don't honor that, then grab your bag of ?, and see the reaction on the Neoboards...

?

That's a pretty tough avatar to attain! I mean I know I for one will NEVER get it. It's really good that they made it annual as it's one to really strive for, and is a real accomplishment if you get it. One to really show off. :D  .

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

I was under the impression that's it's in a very recent issue :eh:

Stop confusing me, I didn't say that!! ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Stop confusing me, I didn't say that!! ?

you didn't say that .. but i read it somewhere else (on the boards i think) and thought they got it from a recent issue :)

got AAA's score today again, whoo! Also got the ava right away as well :)
For me, it was really helpful to just keep restarting the game, typing in 'catapult', hope for it to be the fire hoop power-up and if not restart again until it came up, then just trying my luck to hit a balloon or two. I think I sealed the deal on the 100+ ava score by hitting a balloon + the board + through the fire hoop - boom, 70 or so points. You can do this! :) 

The reverse points power up is nifty too, since you have a large area to get a bullseye. And with the moving boards (bigger/smaller and sideways) powerup, as long as you score points with your shot, you get a new power up!

You know, today I was so scared that this would break my gold streak, same day run for the Daily Dare. Ultimate Bullseye is in no small part one of my least favorite games, since I feel the "physics" don't work right at all, and the fact the only advice pretty much anyone could give was "be lucky" really shows how little this game goes down to with skill.

But, thankfully, with a stroke of luck and not only getting a Hagan Balloon and landing an apple shot in the same go (Nice, tasty 50 points right there,) I got it after about an hour of play.

So far, this daily dare has severely tested me. Namely cause it seems a lot of these games come down to sheer, dumb luck. But so far I'm managing.