Daily Dare Has Begun!

Emily

The 2019 Daily Dare has started! As usual, Day 1 will run through August 1st, 2019 to give everyone at least a full 24 hours to complete the first challenge.

dd12-header.jpg

View Our Coverage!

Lulu in Space (NC)

I think I'm going to make things easy for myself and go for Abigail today, mostly because I just really like the plushie. ? (I've never managed a gold trophy for DD anyway; I always fail to beat AAA for at least one game.)

I COULD have beaten AAA, probably. My high score is 1536, but... as @Nielo says, the plushie is cute! AAA's prize might end up being a totally amazing BD weapon but PFFT I say!

Cute plushie > weapon.

Also, there's the thing that if AAA's prize is fairly easy to win then Abigail's will rise in value due to scarcity... :ph34r:

Well, since I'm always a bit of an over-achiever, did go for AAA for the chance at gold. Took me an hour to go about this, I've always been garbage at this game, but managed.

And frankly AAA's reward is... meh, at best. It's basically a weaker Ultranova Scroll. Does 2-5 Physical, 3 Fire, and 2 Earth, from the 10+ battles I've done to test it. So it's not horrid if you've just started to get a hang of Battledome, but if you're like me and have the Sun and Moon Chakram and the Ultranova Scroll, it's a definite downgrade.

I'm a bit rusty at this game , but in my 3rd try i managed to beat AAA with a score of 1555 .. I'll take it :)

Yes , the plushie is super cute , but I'll just buy it later 

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

r u sure ? they are going for 20-25k ...

Oh, now I feel "sheepish"! (Get it? Babaa, looks like a sheep! Yeah, I know, "Don't quit your day job"...). I didn't pay attention to what the Shop Wizard was telling me. I thought I got the "generic" item could not be found, but, apparently, "Oh dear. You're working for a faerie. I'm sorry, but I can't help you until you complete her quest." Not sure when I got a Faerie Quest, but, got one, I do! Thanks, @Angeló!

Gah! It figures, DD starts with a game score I'll probably not get. ? My best score for DoM3 is about 250 points shy of the needed score. I might try to beat AAA, but I'm thinking I might just go for Abigail's this time. Just so I don't miss a day of getting a score in on-time for the same-day reward. Also, since it seems that AAA's weapon-prize is mediocre I guess I can pass on it. That being said, I wish they'd give us a little more time between such long events. First the AC that eats up a month, and now suddenly the DD which eats up about 3 weeks.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone with the DD! :D I can grin about that at least. ?

I'm great at quite a few Neopets flash games, but this isn't one of them. That's alright, I'll gladly take down Abigail's score. It's no big deal. ? I'm just happy it started!

This game is a bit about luck. Also, first day lasts 1 1/2 days, so next DD challenge starts August 2nd.

If you're having a hard time getting the score of 1500, try restarting until you get some nice power-ups in the first levels. A scrambler (the wing) is good to have. If you get a trippler in the early levels it's easier to make lots of points too since you'll have less colors and thus you are more likely to make a big combo. If the trippler is positioned badly, use the scrambler.

A tip when using the scrambler when you have a trippler is to try and keep your field even, so no towers to the top and others in between with only 1 to 3 blocks left. If your field looks like the Himalaya's instead of like a solid box (I hope you get what I mean) the scrambler might place your power-up in a tower and you'll have no way to connect the right colors.

If you're having a hard time seeing it, just click ONCE on your big chain so it fades out a bit. That makes it easier to see how to connect more of the same color. Just make sure you don't accidentally double click.

At the start of the level, just quick scan and see what color is best/easiest to connect.  Remove as many blocks of the colors you barely have, without breaking your main chains. (I have a max of 2 main chains) After you've cleared your main chain, check again what color can form a big chain and repeat. The rest is up to luck with the power-ups. Just use them wisely. If you already unlocked the next level, I would save the re-do and the scrambler for the next level.

Oh, obvious last note: when a new level starts, first check for timer blocks and remove those as fast as possible, don't even look at chains/combo colors yet. Maybe keep your sound on so if you did miss it, you'll still have a few seconds to clear it as it starts making a sound at the end of it's countdown.

Just to let anyone know who wasn't aware: You can play the game and get the score but NOT submit. Then open another tab to challenge who you want. Go back to the game and submit the score. This way, if you're not sure if you can beat AAA but end up doing it, you can go challenge him rather than kick yourself for challenging Abigail hastily. 

So far my high score is 65. I just can't seem to get the hang of going forwards/backwards and turning at the same time. And sometimes when I press the down arrow I go forwards and backwards at othr times. Same thing for the up arrow. Surprisingly I can drive a car with a manual gearstick no problem.

11 hours ago, mairead123 said:

So far my high score is 65. I just can't seem to get the hang of going forwards/backwards and turning at the same time. And sometimes when I press the down arrow I go forwards and backwards at othr times. Same thing for the up arrow. Surprisingly I can drive a car with a manual gearstick no problem.

The down arrow is break, the up arrow is accelerate. You flip your bike with space and the arrows stand for your wheels, front and back. So if you're already going backwards down a hill, hitting down arrow will make you go down slower. If you're going front ways down a hill, hitting back isn't going to make you drive backwards.

14 hours ago, mairead123 said:

I had trouble with that too; eventually I just tried to aim for the cars that were already kind of in my path, and tried to hit them several times in a row. Somehow, that strategy worked. XD (Although I did get slightly better at steering, eventually.)

3 hours ago, Duma said:

The down arrow is break, the up arrow is accelerate. You flip your bike with space and the arrows stand for your wheels, front and back. So if you're already going backwards down a hill, hitting down arrow will make you go down slower. If you're going front ways down a hill, hitting back isn't going to make you drive backwards.

I think @mairead123 is talking about Ugga Smash, not Wheeler's Wild Ride. ?

As for Wheeler's Wild Ride, what worked for me was a tip I read on the neoboards. Don't do the levels at all. (My laptop is being super slow today, so I barely got to the end of level one (while not even doing any tricks), before the timer ran out. On low res.) Just stay at the top of level one and do wheelies, falling over just before the time runs out. And again, and again, and again, until you're out of coconuts. (So, about 20 times.) My previous high score was 224, now it's 1885. :D (The game wouldn't send my score the first time though, so that was pretty frustrating. XD)

(I just realised this neoboard tip was posted by @jaydeed. So, thanks! :D )

Day 3 ✓

Wheeler's Wild Ride

Just turn around , face the wall and start doing wheelies and wheelie combos (the longer u stay up the more points u get)

you have 30 seconds but make sure you "die" before time is over .. you have 20 coconuts (i.e 20 lives) so make use of them .. if time runs out you die and you start with 0 coconuts (one life only)  .. try not to fall over quickly as you'll lose a precious coconut and points for it ... 

AAA score is really high this year (before it was only 400 or so) but it's doable .. I managed to get the score on my second attempt ...

@Angeló props for the patience! I haven't played the game before so I kinda thought '800 should be doable if the current high-score is over 8000' ... yeah right :D 

your tip about just doing tricks against a wall and making use of all 30 seconds of every life sounds actually really helpful, but I already went with abi. oh well. 

1 minute ago, alohadiscordia said:

@Angeló props for the patience! I haven't played the game before so I kinda thought '800 should be doable if the current high-score is over 8000' ... yeah right :D 

your tip about just doing tricks against a wall and making use of all 30 seconds of every life sounds actually really helpful, but I already went with abi. oh well. 

How some people have 8000 points in this game is beyond me .. there's not enough time in the world .. unless they run downhill and collect some more coconuts then go back & start over again and again 

37 minutes ago, alohadiscordia said:

I suggest always trying to see if you can get the score first, and only then challenging AAA or Abi (perhaps in a different tab, to be safe, although I've heard people say you can just challenge them in the same tab as the game). Then you can send the score you just got. That way you don't go with Abi if you could've gone with AAA, and you don't shoot yourself in the foot by picking AAA while being unable to get his score.