'avatar collector' question

alohadiscordia

Hey everyone,

I am currently on an avatar collecting spree - reached 200 yesterday :) - and I was wondering about the exact conditions for the 'avatar collector' one.
I feel like the idea I came up with might not work, since such a small percentage of players has the ava (not even 1%), but I thought I could just ask here to make sure.

So, since it's the 31st today, highscores will reset at the upcoming midnight NST, right?  Would it not work to get the ava if I reset my count by changing shop keeper to goth usul right after midnight, so I can snag a spot somewhere in the top 50 before all the bigger fish come in? If I'm just in the top 50 for avatar collectors for 10 seconds, isn't that enough to get the ava?

Hope I'm making sense here. I hardly have any trophies / highscores as of now so I don't really now yet what's going on with that haha.

Thanks for reading!

I believe that's what people do to keep their spot on the table. However, you would have to hold that spot until trophies are awarded that night. I'm not exactly sure what time they're awarded now, but they used to be just after midnight NST. I think that's changed though but I'm not 100% positive. Either way you could give it a go and see. Also 200 avatars really isn't that many. I have just over 300 and I'm terrible at flash games, so if you don't get it this round keep at it and keep working at getting those avatars! Good luck!

10 hours ago, alohadiscordia said:

thanks for your reply mouseykins ?

you are absolutely right, 200 avas is not that many, that's why I'm trying to cheat my way into this one haha :D well I guess I'll just give it a go tomorrow (midnight NST is 9 am where I live) and then I'll post an update here.

You're not the only person to think of that, but, unfortunately, 200 may not get you there. Last month's minimum, on reset day, for the avatar, was 358.

ref:

http://www.neopets.com/~Ziaka?id=342

http://www.neopets.com/~trophytracker

I believe individuals are added to the "high-score" table, automatically, based on the amount of avatars they already have. Many Neopians have 300 avatars or more. However, those previously on the list, seem to be cleared, unless they "reset" their avatar count, by either getting a new avatar, or changing their Shop Keeper from/back to Goth. Now, someone will usually start THE topic, "Top Avatar Collectors: It's That Time..." on the "Avatars/NeoSignatures" Neoboard, asking:

... To wait until the 2nd of August to reset your avatar count. In doing so, you will support many other aspiring avatar collectors and help them pursue the dream of this shiny avie! kisskiss.gif

Of course, you can and should reset whenever you feel is best.

Thank you to all who have supported me and the other collectors. Our petpage FAQ can be found here:

http://www.neopets.com/~Marquenne

By doing that, it at least gives others a chance to get the Avatar Collector avatar. Good luck trying, though!

@Scoobert_Doo thanks for your input! honestly this 'wait until the 2nd' idea is really honorable, I don't feel like the majority of players is willing in participating though :P

So, just as a heads up: I've followed through this morning with my idea and these are the results. Right after midnight NST, my 203 avas did get me on the high score table, however, the ava is not given out right away. I don't know when it happens, but as of now, I'm obviously no longer on the list - the lowest score in the top50 is already 300+ - and thus I'm pretty sure my brief appearance there will get me nothing.

Oh well, it's always good to test an assumption, right :)

avascreen.png

The award them tomorrow around midnight NST. I still need the avatar as well, but I'm already in spot 50 so I'll probably won't make it in the list long enough to survive midnight. I've got 342 avatars at the moment.

Don't know really how long it took me. Can't remember when I started and can't remember when I started struggling for new ones. I think I had most within a year though as I'm fairly decent at games. Now I just need some game avatars for the games I'm not as good in, or the ones that require to be in the high score list top something. I still need some random ones (Like Deserted Tomb and Wheel of Excitement) but I think they've forgotten about me XD