Should I close my shop? Suggestions?

granny63020

Hi I could use some help in deciding whether to close my shop or not. I was a member of neo for about 6 years, closed that account because I just didn't have the smarts to keep it as a side account and started fresh 7 1/2 years ago. So, when I started this account I started a Gallery and opened a shop all within the first month so the gallery and shop have existed since the biginning. Other than changing the background of the shop I haven't made any changes. I put stuff in and that's about it. I don't change the description or the shop keeper or fool around trying to make it prettier. As I said it's been the same since the beginning.  I don't understand or know how to make  HTML, I never had a problem seeing the prices and I'm sure the description said the name of the shop and then something like * Hey, isn't that the item you were looking for right down there? I never wrote a long story or some big description of what I sold or anything other than what I quoted to you all in this message and with the fact that it has said that same thing for 7 1/2 years I don't know why I got this message. I don't want my account to be frozen. I have worked very hard saving NP's, my gallery, stocks, and well you all know how much work is put into some accounts day after day. So I thought maybe if I closed my shop it would solve any problem that Neo may have with me and they wouldn't freeze my account. I really would appreciate advice so I thought I would come here before I actually did shut it down. I sell a lot and it is very profitable, most days more than 100000 + Thanks so much for any input. So the other day I log in and I see this...

[theneopetsteam] The Neopets Team
» Make this user your Neofriend
Sent: 12/7/2019 07:06am
Folder: Inbox
Subject: Official Warning from The Neopets Team
Message: You have received an official warning from the Neopets Team for violating the Neopets Terms and Conditions. Your shop was found to have bad HTML which made it difficult to load, purchase items or see prices from your shop. Your shop description has been cleared.

If you continue to break the rules, your account will be permanently frozen. To see a list of Neo Rules, please visit http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml. Please do not reply to this NeoMessage.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Customization to Neopets Help.

Hey Granny :)

No need to close down your shop .. this was just a warning .. they don't freeze people for putting a background or flashy text , etc .. but if they did it again and again , then yes maybe they'll freeze them .. anyway , your background is cleared , no need to worry .. just go on doing business as usual ..

i don't know the nature of the background you used .. but if it was animated or too colorful they will have a problem .. my old account was frozen for a cartoon / anime image i had .. they have weird filters which we will never understand .. anyway , can u plz post the background link here so i can see and evaluate why was it flagged ? 

again , no need to close down shop .. carry on with business as usual :)

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

Hey Granny ?

No need to close down your shop .. this was just a warning .. they don't freeze people for putting a background or flashy text , etc .. but if they did it again and again , then yes maybe they'll freeze them .. anyway , your background is cleared , no need to worry .. just go on doing business as usual ..

i don't know the nature of the background you used .. but if it was animated or too colorful they will have a problem .. my old account was frozen for a cartoon / anime image i had .. they have weird filters which we will never understand .. anyway , can u plz post the background link here so i can see and evaluate why was it flagged ? 

again , no need to close down shop .. carry on with business as usual ?

I can't give you any information as to the link of the background. All I remember I will tell you though I have had the same background the entire 7 1/2 years. I remember I had a dragon as a visitor counter on the left side of the page under the name. I also had a medium blue background. All wording of the items and pricing were white so it was easy to read ans no eye strain. I remember when I was looking for backgrounds to set up that I searched through neopets to find it. What I can't remember is what where  or how I had got there. I do know that since I was setting up a new account that I stayed within the rules of NP's because I wanted to be cautious (and still am) of not breaking the rules. It was just blue, no sparkers, glitter falling snow. Nothing fancy just a medium solid blue color. The dragon visitor counter did breathe flames. The description (wording) was also simple saying something like ALL YOU NEED! Hey maybe that's the item you were looking for right down there!. I don't think it had any animation like I have seen in other shops where it had a finger pointing down. I didn't have that cause I didn't know how or where to get that. So, it was all wording except the dragon. Glad you don't think I need to close my shop. I won't put a background or a description on there. Everything can be white. They even removed the name of my shop on my look up page and called it granny63020"s shop. It was named ALL YOU NEED! (just like I typed it). Why would they change the name of my shop? Is that bad as well?

it's just how TNT works , they go after the normal , simple users .. 

i'm beginning to think some troll reported your account .. 

anyway , when TNT clears a shop description they clear everything including the name , but you can re-name it to what it was before .. no worries there

in case you're still wondering , you can write them a ticket and ask why was the background removed .. hopefully someone will answer you other than Rico S.   

http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml

I agree with @Angeló, that you shouldn't close your shop. I think you are a victim of the times, meaning HTML code has changed a lot, in the 7½ years you've been on Neopets. The code you used back then, is possibly outdated, no longer used, or no longer supported by browsers, and may have caused the issues they mentioned. Any/all HTML code would go in the "Shop Description" text box, and, since Neopets kindly deleted it for you, it should be "ok", now. So, as you said, leave the "Shop Description" blank. And you could change the "Shopkeeper Greeting" to something like, "All You Need, Here!", or "Psst! Isn't the item you need, below?!" I think those should ok. I've seen others similar to that. I still think your "regular" customers would come back. And, yeah, re-name it back. I don't think there is anything wrong with the shop name, either. Good luck! *scoots off to buy something from granny63020's shop...*

Thank you both for your input. I will probably rename the shop the same. Since that message I haven't put anything in my shop and I normally try to stay close to full. Right now there is room for 226 items and I can hold 830. I've had replies from good old Rico in the past, sometimes so often that I thought he was the only one working on member complaints. I still haven't received a reply about CC points. They must have got a lot of the same complaints about the same issue because I saw they added bold type to the perks and my issue was in bold type. The bold type did not appear in the perks until after I had a problem though. I'll never see those 2100 perk points again, they won't give them back (my opinion) so I should just move on. Thanks for looking at the shop hope you don't get frozen from association (JK). I don't know anything about HTML then or now and don't care to learn. I was happy but I'll get use to the white background. I would have thought if the shop looked funny or couldn't be seen, whatever that I would have seen it when I would view it as a member, not owner, and with being sure to have all NP and items names in white I actually liked it a lot and that's why I never changed or went looking for anything else to replace it. Boy, I have visited shops that the background was so dark and the item and cost was written in black so I would have to highlight the entire page just to read it. Also I just remembered, since my eyesight seems to be getting worse as I get older I had increased the font size up either on or two above the normal font size to make it even easier to read. Well, I trust in the opinions offered from the members on this group and that's why I posted in the first place. You have made me feel better about carrying on with my shop so I guess I should get busy and put some items in it to sell!. Thanks again for the help. Back during the CC event I got a profanity message from them and I disected the entire message I was trying to send and the only word that I found to be profane by their standards was sticky snowballs. I had to type it sticky snow b a l l s for my message to go through. They are watching me!

I agree with what's been said about HTML changes. I got flagged on a list of my avvies I'd put on one of my pet pages. Reason? I'd used the forbidden word "crack"--only I hadn't: TNT had, in their name for the pteri egg avvie--"cracked." I had to do some fancy dancing, including using one of those name changing sites for the file. Sometimes TNT just doesn't think things through. I'm sorry you had to go through that!

This is a long shot but maybe submit a ticket to TNT and find out exactly what was on your shop that was against the rules so that mistake doesn't happen again. It may take them a while to respond unfortunately, but if you get an answer you'll know.

Something in their filters could have triggered the warning or as Angelo suggested, maybe someone reported your shop. Frankly as much as some shops are visually annoying and horrid to navigate, I've never reported one. I've only reported a couple user lookups over the years for offensive text.

I would be happy to code you a shop layout with a theme if you like.