Altador Cup XIV Prize Shop Opens!

hrtbrk

:dance:

I'm kinda sad the stamp costs 1k more than it did last year though. (It doesn't help that I got rank 16 last year, but only reached 13 this year. XD)
I'm going to have to think for a while what I'll spend my points on, I guess.

Oooooh, interesting prizes. I'm not spending a single point until I figure out what I want.

And a Tyrannian Paint Brush for nine thousand points? That's such a terrible deal.

If anyone has a stamp they're willing to sell, I'm willing to buy it! I'm thinking of spending the little points I have to some books.

not terribly impressed with this collection of prizes. I already have a Tyrannian paint brush. Couldn't they add an Ice Paint Brush since Terror Mountain won? lol

3 hours ago, AgJu said:

Couldn't they add an Ice Paint Brush since Terror Mountain won?

I'd have thought the paint brush most relevant to the winning team would have been a nice way to do things, too. But it'd only work for a few of the teams, wouldn't it. But it WOULD be a nice touch when there was a corresponding brush.

I see the Tyrannian brush is one of the cheapest.

11 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

And a Tyrannian Paint Brush for nine thousand points? That's such a terrible deal.

so yeah. ?

there are quite a few prizes that i like this year 

the Yooyu piano is a must have for my gallery 

the food and books are all nice too

as for the stamp , it's different .. doesn't even look like a stamp , more like a sticker ..

i'm going to wait before i buy anything though .. some items will be cheap on the shopwiz and so i can save my points for something else

I'm just really salty about the vintage jerseys, lol.

GET SOME NEW ONES DRAWN

Having checked out what ones exist, they could at least have included the Virtupets one in the prize shop this year. Lazy!!!

I just want a Shenkuu one. ?

So I have bought:

67006.gifWierd stamp. Actually, it's pretty cool, it just really doesn't look like a stamp, it looks like a badge; and the AC number looks cheap, like those rubbish mugs that have World's Best [insert word here in a slightly different font] on 'em.

67044.gif  67015.gif  67012.gif  67011.gif mmmm, booooks

and this cute l'il guy! 67041.gif

I've now got 1,413 points left and I'm contemplating the Yooyu pendant. 67013.gifIt needs dark clothes for it to pop against though, so not sure if I can make it work with what I have. Gen has the Darkest Faerie Dress mall_darkestfaeriedress.gifbut that's on the jacket layer and goes over the top of the pendant. Let's try it with this mall_clo_redsweater.gif

What do you guys think?

medium_preview.png

It's ok, it's big enough to be noticable, without being so big it looks ridiculous, but I'm mostly ambivalent about it. ?‍♀️

I'll probably just sit on those final points for now, and get two more of the 700 point books to sell, and 13 pens for CC in the end!

9 hours ago, AgJu said:

not terribly impressed with this collection of prizes. I already have a Tyrannian paint brush. Couldn't they add an Ice Paint Brush since Terror Mountain won? lol

I think the paint brush is always based on last year's winner. Next year's paint brush should be TM related (although it's hard to say which colour they'll go with; Ice would be awesome, but they might just pick Snow, or, I don't know, Christmas, even XD).

Bleh.   Barely afford a couple of books with my points... coming in dead last didn't help matters, and certainly didn't encourage me to work on my rank any.   I barely got to rank 5.   Hard to bother when you know it's not really going to help.   Ah well, makes for greater potential comeback next year.

I got quite a few goodies.

image.png.6abf4b2867d50c7a2d6133f2accc79df.pngFlaming Yooyu Hi-Lo Dress One of these bad boys. If you're interested in it, make me an offer! This is sold now.

sta_acy21_commemorative_stamp.gifAC XIV Commemorative Stamp Two of these, both are sold.

boo_acy21_star_yooyu.gifStar Yooyuball Book One of these, also sold.

bak_acy21_yooyu_macarons.gifYooyuball Macarons I threw two of these in my regular shop. These are sold now.

Wow, that was quite the afternoon. I sold every single thing I worked towards during the AC. ?

18 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

Bleh.   Barely afford a couple of books with my points... coming in dead last didn't help matters, and certainly didn't encourage me to work on my rank any.   I barely got to rank 5.   Hard to bother when you know it's not really going to help.   Ah well, makes for greater potential comeback next year.

Oh now Ray, and you know that way of thinking is basically why people come in last. ?

The good thing about personal ranking is you can still do well, even if your team doesn't.

17 hours ago, epona1 said:

I got:

image.png.01d7d886272cafaefebdccfc69c33b4e.png2ximage.png.36dffc338f336f84804330e8c33f658d.pngimage.png.236d7f53ecc9801e7b21d73ef561c4e4.png(Thanks for telling me this is a book)image.png.c8bfd0051909a0a9ff8c57a5e7a48117.png 

You're welcome! I've realised over the years that they're sneaky with the books so I made very sure to check. I've been caught out previously by prizes that I didn't know were books, and by ones that looked like a book but were actually school items. ?

That Yooyu coffee's a lot of fun, isn't it. I'd make a real mess with that. ?

Just now, Angeló said:

how much did you sell it for ? ?

with my points i can't afford it anyway 

16 million NP... hopefully I don't come to regret that in the future, but for now, I'm very pleased with the NP. ?

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

16 million NP... hopefully I don't come to regret that in the future, but for now, I'm very pleased with the NP. ?

that's a good price .. people are asking for 20 Mil but I don't think it'll be sold for that much

i think it'll settle at 5-6 eventually

11 hours ago, Nielo said:

I think the paint brush is always based on last year's winner. Next year's paint brush should be TM related (although it's hard to say which colour they'll go with; Ice would be awesome, but they might just pick Snow, or, I don't know, Christmas, even XD).

if that's the case, i'll work harder next year, though the likelihood of a snow paint brush is a lot higher than an ice one lol

17 hours ago, jellysundae said:

GET SOME NEW ONES DRAWN

Having checked out what ones exist, they could at least have included the Virtupets one in the prize shop this year. Lazy!!!

EXACTLY!!! Sorry to be whiny but I really thought that the prizes would have been better NOT more expensive! kau_plushie_snort.gif scorchio_angry.gif I am trying to wait but am discouraged that I probably won't be able to make very much np to feed my Foodie, Kokariia. waffle_syruppour.gif Wish there were some cheaper gourmet food items...*sigh* the race to a trophy doesn't seem like a good idea. quiggle_boxing.gif Guess I'll have to put her on hold for now.

BTW-congratulations on your well-deserved win! meerca_pink_party.gif 

Edited by midnight_spell360
Forgot to wish congrats to TM TDN Friends

13 hours ago, Nielo said:

Next year's paint brush should be TM related (although it's hard to say which colour they'll go with; Ice would be awesome

There is no Ice Paint Brush . It's a lab-ray exclusive color .. unless they gave mini-rays to turn your pet into Ice

A Snow paint brush next year would be an even bigger insult value:prize points-wise than the Tyrannian one. ?

Good job Shenkuu doesn't win then? WHAT brush would they use then?

OHHH...

Origami. :snitch:

9 hours ago, AgJu said:

if that's the case, i'll work harder next year, though the likelihood of a snow paint brush is a lot higher than an ice one lol

I like @Angeló's idea of mini lab rays, but I doubt they'll do something as awesome as that. XD

7 hours ago, Angeló said:

There is no Ice Paint Brush . It's a lab-ray exclusive color .. unless they gave mini-rays to turn your pet into Ice

Good point, I forgot. XD We're definitely going to get a Snow PB, aren't we? ?

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

A Snow paint brush next year would be an even bigger insult value:prize points-wise than the Tyrannian one. ?

Good job Shenkuu doesn't win then? WHAT brush would they use then?

OHHH...

Origami. :snitch:

Lol, it would be, but I doubt that'll stop them from putting it up in the prize shop for a ton of points. XD

Oooh, now that would be awesome! :D

22 hours ago, Angeló said:

i know there probably isn't an actual Ice Paint Brush, but what's to stop them from making one and putting it out there as an AC prize? ?

As far as other team-themed brushes, some already have options (Maraqua -> water, Darigan -> duh, Mystery Island -> um yeah...) and i suppose there are things they can do for other teams....if Faerieland ever won, put Faerie brushes up there and Moltara, they could introduce a Magma brush (even keep the scarcity of it by having it only be available then), while Meridell could do something like Royalboy/girl, but what would a team like Brightvale use?