My account was frozen, but now I'm back!

Hello everyone! I'm glad to be back and excited to share my story.

I started Neopets in 2003, and for 3 years I'd been so active, I even had a website for my guild at that time where we actively shared stuff through forum, traded for avatar lending, etc. Been so dedicated my pets never got hungry. Had over 300 avatars, game trophies, anything that could be displayed on my lookup. It was all so breezy until all of a sudden my account was frozen.

And when I checked with TNT, they said I've been using multiple accounts to farm money. I told them, they have got to be kidding. That was the only account I had.

Apparently, my mom who shared the same computer with me had 8 accounts which she farmed money with and we (me and my sister, she had her account frozen too) didn't know. When mom gave us things like dubloons or stamps (I was collecting stamps that time), we assumed she found them.  We didn't know she purchased using one of the secondary accounts and yeah, she actually used the secondary accounts like her main.

I told this story to TNT but it seemed they couldn't prove I was telling the truth, so they just replied with, next time if I want to have multiple accounts, keep it max 4 using the same email so they'll know that those accounts belong to me. But this cannot make sense, right? I had the whole family using the computer and we all used our own emails.

Anyway, I got frustrated. I created a new account, no actually 2 new accounts but irinatasya was my main, I tried to just move on, you know. But it was never the same. I lost my progress which I shared to the guild site. And then, Melisa (I remember her name but not her username) accused me for some illegal activities and they wouldn't have me back in the guild. It's okay. I just played again slowly with my online boyfriend (now my husband) just to stay motivated. But uh.. I guess I was still so sad? So sad that I missed all my pets there, could only see them on the lookup of a suspended account.

I decided to abandon the whole thing and focus on real life instead.

But you know, after 10 years, I start feeling the nostalgia. I want something familiar that reminds me to the good times, especially now I'm a mom lol, I could really use a break. I recovered my password and tried to login. Excited to see that Irinatasya (one of my previous pets) is adopted now, Eyleish had disappeared from the pound (sadly), but Arnabmalu (my favorite!) was still in pound so I quickly adopted into my account now. Maybe that's why I feel like playing again, you know. I could recover one pet.

Here I share an image of Arnabmalu to all of you. She doesn't have all the NC items she used to have on, but I'll get there. I'm just glad to be back and this is my hello to you. Sorry for the dreadful long post lol. Hope you guys have an awesome time there with your Neopets!

2.png

Hi, nice to meet you! ?

What a story! Pretty unexpected when it's someone's mum breaking the rules, lol. Though having said that I've seen other people who've had account problems caused by a parent; the offending parent hadn't intentionally broken the rules, they were completely ignorant of them because they'd not read them. ?‍♀️

So great that you got your account back, and even better than one of your pets got to come home. :D

Hello there! That certainly is a wild story, you rarely ever consider, let alone hear or even experience, the parents being the source of an issue like freezing. I'm really sorry to hear of the losses with the old account, but I'm glad you're finding some joy and nostalgia in this account again!

Your Cybunny is a darling! Something must be said about the simple customization styles, even if they rarely win stuff like Customization Contests. Truly holds more to the aesthetics of pets that get dolled up by their owners, aha!

I hope you continue to enjoy your return, and to grow the account in the way you like!

Hi! I dealt with my main account being frozen as well. I didn't have a ton of trophies but it was over 10 years old and had my Altador Cup trophies and original pets. I finally got it back last year after a year and a half of occasionally messaging the help center. My favorite pet is my Lillita; she's an Eventide Aisha ?

Edit: Ugh when did they allow us to have 5 neopets?? Now i gotta figure out what to adopt! lol

Edit2: I now have a strawberry Quiggle. ^_^  If non-premium users ever get a sixth slot, maybe i'll get a bird

Hi everyone again! Thank you very much for all your warm welcome.

I just can't wait to start going after those avatars again lol. I used to borrow and lend a lot in the past. I'm pretty sure people still do that now. Now I'm counting on The Money Tree to show some maps to grab haha.. I zapped a lot of pets in the past.

Someone just gifted me a sunflower background (as attached) I would like to say THANK YOU! I'm sorry I couldn't neomail because I don't see the username anymore. But whoever you are, I really love those sunflowers so thank you again ?

8 hours ago, AgJu said:

Hi! I dealt with my main account being frozen as well. I didn't have a ton of trophies but it was over 10 years old and had my Altador Cup trophies and original pets. I finally got it back last year after a year and a half of occasionally messaging the help center. My favorite pet is my Lillita; she's an Eventide Aisha ?

Edit: Ugh when did they allow us to have 5 neopets?? Now i gotta figure out what to adopt! lol

Edit2: I now have a strawberry Quiggle. ^_^  If non-premium users ever get a sixth slot, maybe i'll get a bird

Yes!! We can have 5 neopets now, it's so exciting! I thought I made a mistake lol, I even asked around if there's some codes to add additional pets into our lookup. Apparently you need to be a premium member to be able to add the 6th. I just don't know if we get to keep the 6th when we unsubscribe or not.

What I do is make a random pet, so when I get the secret lab, I'll just zap them.

2 (1).png

hey sha iriney!

wow, that's quite a neo back story. sorry to hear you ad to go through so much heartache over it, but it seems like everything turned out fine :) congrats about the boyfriend-to-husband transformation aswell! :D

as a returning player myelf after a bunch of years, it's always nice to hear that others found their way back after a long time too. can't beat that nostalgic browser game charme of the early 2000's , right?

hope you have a great time here and on neo! ~ kate