NeoAvatars Refresh, Counters Fixed, Server More, and More

Ian

toy_chia_cnymask.gif

Updated Navigation

Our top navigation bar has been refreshed and plays friendlier with mobile devices. It also contains more links to more sections around TDN—like the items database.

Fixed Counters

We’ve fixed all of our existing counters at myTDN, including the ones for avatar checklists, Altador Cup, GMC, and more. It’s about time, isn’t it? Sorry for the delay!

Refreshed Avatar Checklists Look

We’ve revamped our NeoAvatars checklist area. It will feel familiar but look a little different. The biggest difference is that you can view avatar solutions directly on the page, instead of them being inside of a pop up (an extra click). We hope this makes finding the information you need easier.

Some NeoAvatars data may have went missing in our server move today, but we're in the process of restoring it as we speak. To re-import your avatars quicker, please visit One-Click Import.

A Faster TDN

Without boring you with a bunch of nerd talk, we’ve made a bunch of behind-the-scenes improvements to our backend code that has, in some cases, cut page load times in half. We've re-written our front-end stylesheet and JavaScript too.

New Site Search

Our site search is now returns more relevant results based on what you’re searching for. Try it out in the sidebar. Please note that our main site search doesn’t return Items Database results just yet. Go to the Items Database directly for that information.

HTTPS Everywhere

The Daily Neopets, its pages, and all of its assets (like images and JavaScript) are now entirely served through the HTTPS protocol. This includes all of our myTDN account services, like the register and log in form. HTTPS means all of the communication between your browser and us is encrypted.

We hope that you enjoy these updates. They’re relatively minor but important to keep TDN online for years to come! Thank you for visiting.

Yay! So nice to be able to log in now without my browser being rude about you! lol. ?

Looking forward to getting my avatar counter working again. :D

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yay! So nice to be able to log in now without my browser being rude about you! lol. ? 

Looking forward to getting my avatar counter working again. :D 

I know! Browsers favor HTTPS everywhere these days... did you know that Neopets.com isn't served over HTTPS entirely? Crazy to think that TDN, in a strange way, might be more secure than Neopets itself.

27 minutes ago, Ian said:

I know! Browsers favor HTTPS everywhere these days... did you know that Neopets.com isn't served over HTTPS entirely? Crazy to think that TDN, in a strange way, might be more secure than Neopets itself. 

Oh heck yeah!! It's something I think pretty much everybody stuggles to believe because WHY!!! Pretty much anywhere online is more secure than Neopets, I expect, it's pretty appalling. ?