Zapping and Pet Colors

I zap pets adopted from the Pound until I think I get something someone else would like then I try to adopt them out and start over. Well, I was zapping a Quiggle. This Quiggle has been many other species and several different colors until now. This Quiggle was painted Oil Paint. I have liked the Oil Paint color since it was released. I like this Quiggle so much I stopped zapping and offered it up  on the Pound, Adopt or Trade thread thinking someone else may want her. It's only been a couple of days but withing in those couple of days I also got a Fountain dip from the Grey Faerie so I like this Oil Paint color so much I went to the Rainbow Pool to search this color to see what it would look like on my pet. I looked at ALL of my pets that I won't zap (5 of them) and the Oil Paint color wasn't an option for any of the 5 of them. So then I went to the Rainbow Fountain in Faerieland thinking maybe she will have the color. Well, it isn't available at the Rainbow Pool either. So, is this only a color that you can get at the Lab Ray by zapping? I thought that when they announced new colors they were available to be used. On a second thought I did see Pastel as a color and I do think it's sort of a pretty color. Now I'm infatuated with the Oil Paint color. 

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Neopets Dailies to Neopets General Chat.

23 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Oil Paint is available at the Rainbow Pool, but only for certain species. At the moment they are: Quiggle, Gelert, Scorchio, Cybunny and Koi.

Other than the Quiggle I was using as a lab zap pet I don't have any of the other species you mentioned. That's too bad because I really want one of my keeper pets to be that color. Thanks for the info.

I was just thinking ... if I buy the Oil Paint brush will I be able to use the brush on the pets I have or will I be limited to using the brush only on the pets you listed as available at the the Rainbow pool? I may just buy the brush if I can use it on a pet of my choice.

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

I was just thinking ... if I buy the Oil Paint brush will I be able to use the brush on the pets I have or will I be limited to using the brush only on the pets you listed as available at the the Rainbow pool? I may just buy the brush if I can use it on a pet of my choice.

Same as the Rainbow Pool .. you can't use the Paint Brush if your pet species can't be painted that color , simply because it's not available yet .. 

For example you can't paint a Peophin Oil Paint , because there's no Oil Paint Peophin released yet ... 

Certain colors aren't available for certain species simply because the neopets artists haven't drawn them yet. Neopets releases one or two new colors for each species on their special day, like how flotsam day was a couple days ago and they received the new "toy" color, which they could not be painted before. So you might want to check the neopian calendar to see if it's worth waiting - for example if it's an ixi you want to paint, Ixi Day is July 11th, so you could wait to see if they get the oil color on that day.

If you want to see all the colors that are available for each pet, on the TDN website you can go to the customization tab and select "color/emotion" database. This will allow you to see all the colors available for each pet, it has really helped me make these tough choices in the past.