Negative Events from Random Acts Perk?

sarahpaulson

Has anyone else experienced any negative events from the Living with Less Random Acts perk?
I just clicked on to the site which is when the positive event should come through and I got:

A fungus ball is sitting nearby on a log... and it EXPLODES! You get confused and drop 354 NP.

I'm not gonna sweat it because obviously it's not a huge amount, but it's hardly the guaranteed "positive random event" that the perk promises. 
Just wondering if it's a glitch of some kind? I want to apply the perk again when it expires tomorrow but I don't want to be disappointed.

1 hour ago, lojoco49 said:

You're not alone, I've had that too. I also got that last year and complained to TNT that it was not a "positive" event, but they ignored me ?

I was thinking of writing to TNT but I figured that it would be a lost cause. Sorry that it happened to you, too. It's just really annoying that it's such false advertising.

It's very annoying, but yes, some of the random events either do nothing or have a negative effect. JellyNeo has a list of possible random events in their Perk Shop Guide. (Things like this are why I usually wait a few weeks (or months, because I'll forget) before choosing perks/prizes. You never quite know if you'll get what TNT promises, so checking guides like JellyNeo's is a good way to prevent being (too) disappointed.)