Enter The Runway #81!

Nielo

If you're new to the contest, or simply want a reminder of the rules, they can be found right here.

I also just want to remind everyone that whenever the image DTI provides doesn't look as awesome as you'd like, it's always okay to send me a screenshot instead! (You can also ask me for help with the screenshot, if you don't know how to get one to me, or if the one you made didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.)

Current theme: Oil Paintings
Description: Customise any (of the 4 possible options at this time) "Oil Paint" pet however you like.
Entering period: Monday, June 10 - Sunday, June 16
Voting period: Monday June 17 - Sunday, June 23

Let me know if you have any questions about this round, the Runway in general, or if you have any suggestions for future themes! :D

4.png4.png4.png4.png
These are the pets that can currently be painted Oil Paint, and that qualify for this round. ? It`ll be interesting to see if most of us choose to use the same one, haha! Have fun, and good luck everyone!

I sent in my entry now. I tried doing something with the Cybunny because of the interesting pattern, but found it difficult, so I chose a different pet. With no real idea to work with, I came across an interesting background and took it from there. So.. yeah, lol.
It will be really fun to see what people come up with for this round!

6 hours ago, Totu487 said:

The Oil Paint Cybunny is so beautiful—gives me total "Starry Night" vibes! If I could afford the paint brush and a cute outfit, I would totally go for it! :wub:

Edit: Now that I think about, the Oil Paint Gelert also reminds me of a famous painting, but I can't think of the name... hmm...

I agree, the Cybunny looks lovely, I reckon they based it off the Van Gogh painting. ?
I`ve seen comments around the boards saying that the colour scheme on the Gelert is from "Scream" by Edvard Munch. As a Norwegian, I was embarrassed at not noticing that myself, lol. :D

I want to enter this, but I'm still emotionally scarred from my attempts with the paint brush pets before, lol. Plus I'll want to just submit the epic Shoyru I did manage and that's just mega-lazy. ?

8 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I agree, the Cybunny looks lovely, I reckon they based it off the Van Gogh painting. ?
I`ve seen comments around the boards saying that the colour scheme on the Gelert is from "Scream" by Edvard Munch. As a Norwegian, I was embarrassed at not noticing that myself, lol. :D

I noticed that when we were voting on the Paint Brushes and they showcased the "Scream" Gelert .. I watched a movie about Munch's life about 15 years ago and it stuck with me ...

I also wanted Van Gogh but on Peophins , not Cybunnies

I hope they release an Oil Painting Peophin in August that is based on Gustav Klimt :) 

Untitled.png

10 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

Now that you mention it, I think you're right! I'm not super into art, but I should've definitely recognized it as well lol. Though, as beautiful as it is, I can imagine that the Gelert can be hard to customize because of the contrast in colors. It'll be cool to see what people come up with! I wonder if anyone will try to recreate the painting... 

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I want to enter this, but I'm still emotionally scarred from my attempts with the paint brush pets before, lol. Plus I'll want to just submit the epic Shoyru I did manage and that's just mega-lazy. ?

I think you might be confusing Oil Paint with a different paint brush colour, as it doesn't exist for the Shoyru yet. ? (Or did you mean Scorchio?)

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

I think you might be confusing Oil Paint with a different paint brush colour, as it doesn't exist for the Shoyru yet. ? (Or did you mean Scorchio?)

Yes, I am, lol. It's always good when someone else knows what I'm talking about, even if I don't. :ph34r: