Altador Cup XIV Begins!

hrtbrk

Judging by everyone's posts, maybe I should wait until sign-ups are closed before starting.

@GillyTook- When you go to the homepage for your team, you will see a badge that says "Beginner" roughly one-third to halfway down the page. Click on the badge, and a "Tournament Ranking" box will pop up. From there, simply click on the level you want to get to, and it will show you how many games you need to play.

I hope this helps.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

Who would EVER have thought they would forget something like that?  ?  

Also, does anyone have a chart that says how many games you must play to get whatever rank?  I know I found one last year.  Somewhere. . .

It shows you on the colosseum home page now, if you click on your rank shield. ? I couldn't remember how to get to it last year, so it pleases me that it's hiding from someone else, too. :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

So cross. Played 3 games of YYB then realized none of them counted. It's not as if this is a new event; it should be easy to run.

Yeah, I just tried one of SOSD and same. So I guess they messed up even more than we thought? I just don't understand what's going on at this point. ?

Oh, and just read on the boards that SOTAC have joined Terror Mountain this year, and in doing so learned a neat though ultimately pointless trick, lol.

Adding someone's username to the end of this url tells you what team they're in, or if they've not signed up.

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2019/trophy.phtml?username=

For anyone who doesn't know, SOTAC is the Secret Order of the Altador Cup (funny handshakes not obligatory?), a team of All-star players who pick a team to play for each year.

Hrrrmmm... 730+ games for S rank... at 10 games a day, I'd need 73 days.... I doubt I'll have that long, even less if they've aren't starting on time...

Official notice from the Altador Cup Committee: Due to irregularities with the scoring system, we advise all players to wait for further updates before resuming gameplay for their teams. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

29 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Official notice from the Altador Cup Committee: Due to irregularities with the scoring system, we advise all players to wait for further updates before resuming gameplay for their teams. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

I hope they will fix it soon. Even though I'm always very busy during the AC to the point where I can't do much else on that day after work, I still want to play as much as I can and help my team to victory.

8 minutes ago, enitul said:

Is that from the real official neopets Altador Cup Committee?

It's on the Colosseum home page, so yes. ?

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Also, does anyone have a chart that says how many games you must play to get whatever rank?  I know I found one last year.  Somewhere. . .

You can also use this petpage, which, in addition to telling you the amount of games needed for each rank, will also tell you how many prize points come with each rank.

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh, and just read on the boards that SOTAC have joined Terror Mountain this year.

Ughh, really? :tired: I mean, I know "we" (as in, Terror Mountain) were bound to get stuck with them at some point, but I was really hoping they would just... stop? The whole "All Star Group" concept is so annoying. (Better than the cheater groups, but still.)

9 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Ughh, really? :tired: I mean, I know "we" (as in, Terror Mountain) were bound to get stuck with them at some point, but I was really hoping they would just... stop? The whole "All Star Group" concept is so annoying. (Better than the cheater groups, but still.)

I'm not really sure of the point, gotta say, I feel it's mostly hubris? ?‍♀️

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm not really sure of the point, gotta say, I feel it's mostly hubris? ?‍♀️

Yeah, pretty much, I think. They obviously want everybody to know how good they are (while keeping the air of "mystery" by being a "Secret Order"...), and they probably think a lot of people actually like having them on their team. (I'm so glad that winning/losing the Cup only affects the shape of your trophy, and pretty much nothing else.)

Scores seem to be working now!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

Aha.  I think the pet page was what I used last year, and I didn't know about the shield trick.  Thank you ?

Edit:  OH MY GOODNESS!  If I wanted the max rank, I'd need to be playing thousands of the games daily.  Are there people who actually do that???

Edit again:  Points and trophies aside, does anyone know if there's a certain rank you need to get to to get the max "prize" like any special avatars or stamps or anything?

29 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I'm gonna go check

it's already 10 pm here

we lost a whole 12 hours

i could've been Rank 2 by now

I know! I wanted to play but I'm too tired. (also my favourite podcast finally put out an episode so I'm going to say good night)

48 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Edit again:  Points and trophies aside, does anyone know if there's a certain rank you need to get to to get the max "prize" like any special avatars or stamps or anything?

you will need All-Star x2 for the Ultimate Prize (that's DOUBLE All-Star)

for the stamp you need Rank 10 or above I guess .. but can't be really sure as the stamp value varies from year to year 

and yes there are people who max out ALL games EVERY DAY ! I really wouldn't want to know how they function after all that intense playing

I play 2 hours per day average .. never got All Star .. but got to Rank 18

Last year I had lots of time but actually never played before 6 pm ... too hot and I preferred to nap after work ...

After 60 games of Shootout Showdown, I remembered that you don't have to score all 5 goals for it to count. No wonder it was taking so much longer than I remembered :) Good luck everyone. Last year was the first time I left the beginner rank (reached rank 4 overall), and I'd like to get farther this year.

Here are the caps for each game:

Yooyuball:  46
Slushie Slinger: 86
Make Some Noise: 401
Shootout Showdown: 401