AC XIV Terror Mountain Support Thread - Let It Go!

It's time. Time for AC XIV! I can't believe it has been a year, since Terror Mountain placed 3rd, on the podium! Still riding that "Rocky Mountain High"! I don't know how we will do this year, but, I look forward seeing old friends, new friends, and even other AC team supporters, posting on this thread, and riding the avalanche called "Altador Cup". We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll get angry, we'll get happy, and just support whatever AC goals you may have. You may be reaching for All-Star, or just to get one game played. It doesn't matter. Team Terror Mountain is here for you. Please don't be shy to post. We want to hear from you. So, as I always do, here is our pre-AC motivational song, to get you ready for AC XIV!!!!!!

? (singing) Terror Mountain in the Hall of Fame ?

Glad to see we won Day 1 even though I completely forgot about it LOL. Don't worry, I sent some scores in today. How do the scoring/points get tallied to see who wins/loses for the day?

1 hour ago, Greywindd said:

Glad to see we won Day 1 even though I completely forgot about it LOL. Don't worry, I sent some scores in today. How do the scoring/points get tallied to see who wins/loses for the day?

It seems like no one really knows exactly how those points work. It probably has to do with the size of the team, the amount of scores sent in, and the quality of the scores sent in (higher scores are said to help in making your team win), but I don't think TNT has ever really commented on the exact process of determining scores.

One note on our win though: it appears Terror Mountain got stuck with SOTAC this year. (In case you've never heard of them: SOTAC is an "All Star Group" (ASG), meaning they're a group comprised of players who always make All Star and who all band together and pick a team each year.) This year they picked us. I think they might've started with these kind of groups to even out the effects of the "All Cheater Group(s)" (ACG), but personally, I'm not a fan, as it just leaves all the teams without an ASG or ACG without a chance of winning. ?

Its been so long since i've been here and i cannot for the life of me remember how to get counters to work in my signature, lol....the counter that's there now is from AC9 when i manually quad-maxed everyday, even practice days. Never doing that again, but i still fervently support the team i love! Currently i'm rank 4 and definitely shooting for All Star again, especially since i got my main account back last year after spending a year and a half frozen for no good reason.

I'm proud of us for being ranked 1st after the first day and now second, though are scores overall are higher than Kreludor's....I'm keeping an eye on Virtupets though. I don't trust that 11 in MSN lol.

As far as roving all stars, i think they're fine as long as they get the scores fair and square. I know i'll be doing my part. ?

14 hours ago, Nielo said:

but I don't think TNT has ever really commented on the exact process of determining scores.

A wise move on their part, I think so anyway. There's enough cheating goes on as it is without making it easier for people by clearly explaining the mechanics of scoring.

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

A wise move on their part, I think so anyway. There's enough cheating goes on as it is without making it easier for people by clearly explaining the mechanics of scoring.

True, although I have to admit that looking at the scores/brackets sometimes, I can't help but wonder how on earth they're determined. ?

Anyway, this, in combination with the ASGs and ACGs, is why I don't really care about the teams standings. I have no idea how they're determined, and being helped by a group who randomly picks a team every year kind of takes the fun out of winning for me.

2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

True, although I have to admit that looking at the scores/brackets sometimes, I can't help but wonder how on earth they're determined. ?

Same. ?

3 minutes ago, Nielo said:

being helped by a group who randomly picks a team every year kind of takes the fun out of winning for me.

Gotta admit I feel huge relief each year when Shenkuu doesn't get picked, gonna happen sooner or later though, isn't it!

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Same. ?

Gotta admit I feel huge relief each year when Shenkuu doesn't get picked, gonna happen sooner or later though, isn't it!

Lol, I can definitely relate to that feeling! I didn't really mind TM doing poorly the first few years I played - I like being the underdog. :P I think we got another (smaller) ASG or ACG (I genuinely can't remember ?) a few years ago, so I'd hoped we'd be free of them for a while. XD
Here's to hoping they'll stay away from Shenkuu!

They should pick Moltara, that team seems to be right at the bottom of the results the most consistently.

I wonder if that's because they're the newest team - they are, aren't they? - so I figure the majority of people are already faithful to another team so Moltara has way less players than the others.

well i'm still fine with the All Stars helping us out...i want us to succeed and win and as long as we don't have cheaters, its fine to me. Besides, not every team that gets them automatically wins; I remember Altador had a blazing run one year (no pun intended), but they didn't end up on the podium, i don't think, and they certainly haven't won.

Maybe the group(s) should split up and mete out their members so every team gets some of the roving all stars? I dunno.

P.S. still can't get counters to work in my sig. help! lol

5 hours ago, AgJu said:

P.S. still can't get counters to work in my sig. help! lol

Oh! TDN's counters are broken at the moment. At least the avatar counters are *points at link in sig* so I guess that means all counters are.

One of Kreludor's players was still covered in ice after the power-up was supposed to have worn off, and stayed that way for the duration of the game. ? (She could move and grab the Yooyu and everything, she was simply covered in ice while doing all of that.)

AC-XIV-frozen-glitch-07-06-19.jpg

(They managed to score against me while I was distracted by trying to get a good screenshot of the moving lump of ice.)

33 minutes ago, Nielo said:

(They managed to score against me while I was distracted by trying to get a good screenshot of the moving lump of ice.)

Whoa, that's some dirty tactics!!

That's a funny glitch though. ?

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh! TDN's counters are broken at the moment. At least the avatar counters are *points at link in sig* so I guess that means all counters are.

greyywind's is working...i've seen her numbers change, unless that's a different counter? that's why i keep wondering. ?

here's hoping Terror Mountain manages to eke out a win against the second-place Kreludor....i always wait for the day to change so i can immediately check results, but i'm nervous ?

3 hours ago, AgJu said:

greyywind's is working...i've seen her numbers change, unless that's a different counter? that's why i keep wondering. ?

So it is, I got nothin' then, lol.

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Good Luck against Shenkuu today guys , you're gonna need it :P ya right haha just kidding

It's us who need a miracle to not get sweeped ?

Haha, yeah, if Terror Mountain do have SOTAC we've got no chance.

OOOHH!!!

Guys, there's new emojis, this one is VERY apt for Shenkuu today, maybe... ?

?

17 hours ago, AgJu said:

I copied the forums code version of the counter and pasted it into my signature. At first, I thought I had to use the HTML code insert thingy but that just led to it literally displaying the code. I was playing around with it but eventually realized copy/pasting the forums code version works but the numbers update every 24 hours. I just hate having to come back here to change the numbers.

that's what i've been doing though. ?

Edit: i just tried deleting the other graphics in my sig in case the "maximum of 6 lines" was the issue and still nothing. *shrug* i'm just not gonna mess with it anymore, lol.

nope, didn't work. i'm just leaving it alone for now. ?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

it seems as though Virtupets is the team to beat and will be winning again. Maybe we can at least hold strong and move up to silver position this year, from bronze last year. Silver IS one of our team colors, after all, lol.